What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
10* f this morning, so I snuck the tractor out of the shed while the muddy drive was frozen.
Now I can take off the wheel chains and then use the loader to pull the 400 pound concrete pier traction "compound" from the bed of my pickup.
First cold start in weeks, so I plugged it in last night to ease her back into work mode:)

D

Deleted member 47704

I bought a rifle scabbard for the tractor. Have to figure out how to mount it.

Reactions: 1 user

Toyman

Equipment
B7100HST, 1630, 4' Tiller, 4' Rotary Mower; M4050 (SOLD) Woods Cadet 84
Apr 15, 2019
Pittsburgh
The last few days I've updated the M4050:
- installed led headlights
- Buzzed out the rear wiring harness, rewired the flasher switch and installed new led marker lights
- cleaned up the wiring, soldered all the joints with shrink tubing
- Installed 2 led worklights and a switch on the rear of the tractor
- Adjusted the PTO clutch which was grinding

fj40dave

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LA534, BH77, TPD35, RCF2060, BB1566, RGA1258
Sep 24, 2009
Yelm, WA
20220328_101320[1].jpg 20220328_110430[1].jpg 20220329_122658[1].jpg signal-2022-03-28-15-01-28-055[1].jpg

Just some pic's of a job I'm doing.....brush hoggin to start, then clearing out a spot to move the shed into.
Adding top soil and clearing out underbrush in the front.

After all that is done, I start thinning out the woods and removing all the dead/downfall stuff on the acreage 20220328_101320[1].jpg 20220328_110430[1].jpg 20220329_122658[1].jpg signal-2022-03-28-15-01-28-055[1].jpg signal-2022-03-29-15-14-47-781[1].jpg behind the owners house.

Reactions: 3 users

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
F3680 in for service. Both oil plugs are stripped. 12mm no more, they are now 1/2x20.
BD12BD4D-B9F8-4DC2-8C28-180324B651BA.jpeg

And yes, the rattle gun was used to install.

Reactions: 1 users

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I’ve been thinking of installing an antique fire-engine siren on my tractor…. (the rising/falling kind that actually spins a rotor within a cage…not the modern electronic types)…. but can’t decide if I’d rather have it under the hood of the pickup truck ever since some self-important-road-warrior in a land-change-decision suddenly jammed himself between me and the car I was following by about 12-feet in traffic.

I could see him tailgate the guy in the right lane…and saw him check his side-mirror to decide whether or not he could suddenly shift lanes and fit between my P/U and the car ahead…

I had just enough time to realize what he was up-to for me to let up on the gas… (we were all traveling in rush-hour at 60 mph) … to allow paper-thin margin which barely prevented a multi-vehicle-wreck.

I think if I’d had the ability to hit a siren—button at the moment he glanced at his side-mirror…it would have at least startled him sufficiently for me to have had the satisfaction of giving him a one-fingered-Salute! :mad:

Attachments

Last edited:

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
I’ve been thinking of installing an antique fire-engine siren on my tractor…. (the rising/falling kind that actually spins a rotor within a cage…not the modern electronic types)…. but can’t decide if I’d rather have it under the hood of the pickup
My dad had one of those. It was LOUD. The modern electronic versions don't even come close.

Put it on your pickup - it might save your life.

Or get you a ticket! :D

I moved some firewood around today. Found out a carry-all from Tractor Supply lets my little BX-25 lift and carry firewood quite nicely.

I got a bunch of used IBC totes for $20 a piece. Cut the bottle diagonally, and it makes a nice 'roof' for the tote full of firewood. The 3PH has enough grunt to lift the full tote. Makes heating with wood a lot less work! No more splitting onto the ground, then picking it up to haul to where it gets stacked, then loading it into the bucket to take to the house, and unloading it to stack by the door. I just split right into the tote, and park it in a good sunny spot until its needed. Then it gets hauled to a spot next to the door. Once the tote is empty, I haul it back to the splitting area, where it waits to get filled again.

Much less handling!

Yesterday I broke out the angle grinder and tapered the ends of the carry all a bit. Makes it much easier to get the arms into a pallet or tote. I just cut the bottom at an angle, then went to the flap grinder and rounded off all the edges. Works much better.

Modified arm end.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
My dad had one of those. It was LOUD. The modern electronic versions don't even come close.

I moved some firewood around today. Found out a carry-all from Tractor Supply lets my little BX-25 lift and carry firewood quite nicely.

I got a bunch of used IBC totes for $20 a piece. Cut the bottle diagonally, and it makes a nice 'roof' for the tote full of firewood. The 3PH has enough grunt to lift the full tote. Makes heating with wood a lot less work! No more splitting onto the ground, then picking it up to haul to where it gets stacked, then loading it into the bucket to take to the house, and unloading it to stack by the door. I just split right into the tote, and park it in a good sunny spot until its needed. Then it gets hauled to a spot next to the door. Once the tote is empty, I haul it back to the splitting area, where it waits to get filled again.

Much less handling!

Yesterday I broke out the angle grinder and tapered the ends of the carry all a bit. Makes it much easier to get the arms into a pallet or tote. I just cut the bottom at an angle, then went to the flap grinder and rounded off all the edges. Works much better.

View attachment 77493
97033E22-4357-4020-A806-D97A3F6C4308.jpeg
ADDE50DD-10C4-4B20-AE27-5767AB9B2F31.jpeg
7F29FAC8-66CD-4DA8-B0E2-4C7B76D409E9.jpeg
7463A566-5141-4AD8-A4CF-62E74DC00933.jpeg
A80CBFEF-6A5F-462B-9B53-8A64061CC08E.jpeg

Nice!

My system is a bit different due to readily available items, but similarly designed to reduce handling. Used to split, load into trailer, haul to wood yard, stack to dry, load to pickup, haul into house/shop, stack in house/shop. WAY too much handling.

Wife found a decommissioned 3,000lb platform truck on Craigslist for $25. The urethane tires on the casters were chunking out so I scraped them off and now it has steel casters. That allows easily rolling the wood stack around the shop as needed to keep it both handy and out of the way.

New system is haul logs to wood yard with grapple, finish cutting and splitting straight to stack, stack to platform truck, fork the platform truck back to house/shop. Not as efficient as your IBC tote system but much better than the pre-Kubota system as the Kubota does more lifting and I do leas

Reactions: 2 users

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia

Much less handling!

View attachment 77493
Pictures of totes?

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
My system is a bit different due to readily available items, but similarly designed to reduce handling.
Sweet! My little beast can't quite lift that much. I wasn't even sure the 3PH would lift a full tote, but it didn't have any problem with it at all.

You can reduce your handling even more. Just do the drying in the totes. No need to stack. If you are short of space, and if your beast can lift a tote high enough to stack on top of another tote, you are good to go. (They are made to stack 5 high while full of liquid, so it will handle the weight of wet wood with no problem.) I did a test with a stacked cord of wood and found that I needed 5 totes per cord, tossed in. Saves a ton of work!

Pictures of totes?
Right there in my first post about it. Click on the sentence, "Cut the bottle diagonally..."

I put a link in there that will give you tons of info. (y)

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Next season I should put some effort into sourcing inexpensive totes. I suspect there’s a business somewhere around here scrapping them, just need to get on Craigslist, etc. and find some.

fj40dave

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LA534, BH77, TPD35, RCF2060, BB1566, RGA1258
Sep 24, 2009
Yelm, WA
I’ve been thinking of installing an antique fire-engine siren on my tractor…. (the rising/falling kind that actually spins a rotor within a cage…not the modern electronic types)…. but can’t decide if I’d rather have it under the hood of the pickup truck ever since some self-important-road-warrior in a land-change-decision suddenly jammed himself between me and the car I was following by about 12-feet in traffic.

I could see him tailgate the guy in the right lane…and saw him check his side-mirror to decide whether or not he could suddenly shift lanes and fit between my P/U and the car ahead…

I had just enough time to realize what he was up-to for me to let up on the gas… (we were all traveling in rush-hour at 60 mph) … to allow paper-thin margin which barely prevented a multi-vehicle-wreck.

I think if I’d had the ability to hit a siren—button at the moment he glanced at his side-mirror…it would have at least startled him sufficiently for me to have had the satisfaction of giving him a one-fingered-Salute! :mad:
We called 'em Bug Grinders....I have one just sitting on my shelf.....hummmmm.....

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
View attachment 77496 View attachment 77497 View attachment 77498 View attachment 77499 View attachment 77500
Nice!

My system is a bit different due to readily available items, but similarly designed to reduce handling. Used to split, load into trailer, haul to wood yard, stack to dry, load to pickup, haul into house/shop, stack in house/shop. WAY too much handling.

Wife found a decommissioned 3,000lb platform truck on Craigslist for $25. The urethane tires on the casters were chunking out so I scraped them off and now it has steel casters. That allows easily rolling the wood stack around the shop as needed to keep it both handy and out of the way.

New system is haul logs to wood yard with grapple, finish cutting and splitting straight to stack, stack to platform truck, fork the platform truck back to house/shop. Not as efficient as your IBC tote system but much better than the pre-Kubota system as the Kubota does more lifting and I do leas
DE60F9F6-05B7-433B-B9C6-A39EEB5198DE.png

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT

I have one on my car. It is a Super Chief, the loudest siren known to man!
20170904_135208.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX

Sounds like a good way to get shot.
To many road rage shootings lately.

Mark_BX25D

Equipment
Bx25D
Jul 19, 2020
Virginia
Next season I should put some effort into sourcing inexpensive totes. I suspect there’s a business somewhere around here scrapping them, just need to get on Craigslist, etc. and find some.

I got mine from Craigslist. I had seen the ad some months before, and moved too slowly. They were gone the next day. This time I was the early bird. I got 16 of them for $20 each. They had anti-freeze in them, so not food grade. That makes them a lot cheaper. Food grade totes go for $100 and more around here.

Now I have to figure out what to do with the 50 gallons or so of Chevron yellow coolant that's left in one of them.... :D

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
That looks Beautiful!

Here’s an original WW-II Carter Air Raid: