What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

2manybikes

Equipment
19 L3560 HST with cab.
Aug 2, 2021
SW Va.
You can bet he is having as much fun on it as you are watching him, maybe more! Great pic. I grew up on a 300 acre farm and was about his age when my grandfather turned me loose on the tractor the first time. The next 50 years of seat time was not as much fun but I am having fun now! Every time I use the Kubota to move bucket of firewood I can hear my father say " thats what wheelbarrows were made for". I just crank up the stereo and smile.

Reactions: 3 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Now that it’s sort of kind of dry a little, another day outside with the Kubota doing stuff. Moved a decorative rock for the wife with the loader because I about got a hernia putting it the Mule a few days ago when we found it in the woods and; well I have a loader so why not. Also put added some gravel/granite fines to a 4” x 24” trench we cut for Dad’s condensate drain a few months ago. We knew it would settle and would need more attention someday, which turned out to be today. When I shut the tractor off heard him talking to someone on the phone saying I about gave him a heart attack flying up to the brick wall of his house at about 4 mph, slamming the bucket down to back drag the gravel, and reversing direction all at one time 3” from his house. I asked him if he’d seen me drive a tractor before (he’s the one that taught me 47 years ago). He said yes and that’s why he simultaneously likes watching me and hates watching me. So between those two things that took about 20 minutes and no photos.

Main chore today was brush hogging the sewer line. Last year it never really dried up enough to get the slopier parts. Was never in danger of rolling but was sliding around tearing up the ground which is undesirable. That allowed the trees (mostly sweet gum) to get a little bigger than usual. It wasn’t as dry as I would have preferred but it was dry enough the trees within range of the tractor felt the wrath of the rotary cutter. The cutter is rated for 2”. A few things today were close; most less than 1”.
0E325F08-D195-411A-A723-A043EEC3374E.jpeg

Down the path through the woods behind the dam toward the work site.
36B0B7CE-9E9C-456A-9539-C3018DD544B5.jpeg

Across the creek. The hydraulic toplink flipping the deck up to clear the crossing of this creek and the other one not pictured, then leaving in float for mowing is a huge time saver on this project.
119943A1-A9CF-4A39-A8BF-0F2EA4287D6D.jpeg

The grass and other grassy stuff doesn’t really bother me much, it’s the trees. If they get out of hand I’d need a forestry mulcher to regain control.
118B01E9-F9C8-46D9-A994-94FEA2137C8C.jpeg

Typical one year growth. Not too tough on the rotary cutter.
8A7C83B8-CE20-4042-A156-8E851C911818.jpeg

This is about 4 years uncontrolled growth of trees. It’s the border between us and a neighbor. He cuts up to the border and so do we, but we both leave this mess to create a wall to mark the border. It doesn’t take long. I don’t want a half mile of it.
126BB7D4-D503-43E4-8223-ACB66337B56A.jpeg

This is just an example of why the flippy thing that locks the brake pedals together is unlocked during this project and I wouldn’t have a tractor I couldn’t brake steer if there’s any way around it. Straight line at the woods edge starts flat then gradually gets steeper until it’s a definite rollover. Try turning up slope at appropriate time and the front wheels are just spinning and plowing a muddy ditch. A little tap on the left brake makes it all better in approximately 2 seconds.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
You can bet he is having as much fun on it as you are watching him, maybe more! Great pic. I grew up on a 300 acre farm and was about his age when my grandfather turned me loose on the tractor the first time. The next 50 years of seat time was not as much fun but I am having fun now! Every time I use the Kubota to move bucket of firewood I can hear my father say " thats what wheelbarrows were made for". I just crank up the stereo and smile.
I grew up similar. Basically raised by my grandparents on their farm. While he won’t get that experience, he does have a decent sand box to play in 😁

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I just watched 😁

View attachment 76160
View attachment 76167

and just for the record, he is 7 and its a DT tractor, not a hydro…while I doubt I will have to put a clutch in it, I could care less if I had to. The experience is worth it to me
I was 8 before I started. But come to think of it my father’s tractor didn’t have power steering and I was kind of an uncoordinated goof so yeah, 7 makes sense. There’s something about accomplishing real work when you’re a kid that can’t be replaced with anything else.

Due to his age, my father and I don’t work together as much as we used to and our roles have changed over the years, but there’s still something special about working with your father or son.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Rdrcr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 w/ S2T Turbo Kit = 35 PTO HP (Current), B2601 (Sold)
May 7, 2021
WA
03A18B03-17BE-4C6D-B046-363D727A6D67.jpeg

Today I was smoothing some dirt before spring begins!
I should have taken more pictures but, I have a lot more to do before this area will be finished.

These projects always take longer than I anticipate.
And, the other side I need to smooth has a significant drop into a ravine so I’m gonna have to go slow and be safe.

Mike

Trapper Bob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4701, Wicked grapple, 6’ bush hog, pallet forks, 7’ box blade, 6’ Wicked bucket
Jan 17, 2022
Andover, KS
Over time, those thorns will shred your tires! :cry:
I hope to be done clearing my property of locust trees by May. Then, just check back for the root sprouts. Yeah, I have been treating the stumps (1 part Remedy & 3 parts diesel fuel). Some just will not die easily.

IDKUBOTA

Equipment
L3800DT/FEL/BH77 and others
Dec 16, 2012
Latah County, ID
Pulled rock back onto the driveway by back dragging the bucket. Then i offset angled the rp3784 and defined the ditches on the 1/2 mile drive . Unfortunately i found a plastic culvert and pulled the front edge up. I put it down but wasnt prepared to dig it down properly. I dont think that it was working well as the ground is a bit swampy in that area. Hopefully with the better defined ditching it will dry our better so in can spread the rock and reintroduce the ditch dirt/mud to the road. That was fun. Ill have to drive the shovel this week to put the culvert down properly.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I’d think you might like it…has the maple leaf on it even. You should be able to see the sticker below. The label says it will hold 500lbs? The box was a throw in from the dealer on BX I used to have. I built a simple plywood frame that sets in it and then put sand in…i set it up to hold two saws, wedges and tools in one side and log chain and long handles on the other. I think concrete inside would be better, however I use sand so I can grab a handful if needed to throw on Icey drive in the winter…then just add as needed…the hitch though was my weld in creation. It lets me bring trailer into the woods and I can even drag logs off it…works well for the B.
This style box is now obsolete, and have been replaced by a rectangular one without the indents at the lower sides. I have a good used one for sale, but it is located in CT on the MA line, and shipping would be way too expensive. The only reason that I will be selling it is that it doesn't fit the BX with the Landpride OH-05 quick hitch. As for its weight capacity, it will hold whatever you put into it. Mine is filled with 1 1/4 lead ingots.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
This style box is now obsolete, and have been replaced by a rectangular one without the indents at the lower sides. I have a good used one for sale, but it is located in CT on the MA line, and shipping would be way too expensive. The only reason that I will be selling it is that it doesn't fit the BX with the Landpride OH-05 quick hitch. As for its weight capacity, it will hold whatever you put into it. Mine is filled with 1 1/4 lead ingots.
I guess that makes it a ‘limited edition’... 😂

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I hope to be done clearing my property of locust trees by May. Then, just check back for the root sprouts. Yeah, I have been treating the stumps (1 part Remedy & 3 parts diesel fuel). Some just will not die easily.
Maybe a 50/50 mix would work better?
It gets to be more costly, but I apply it with a brush, and have found it to be a 100% killer.
Apply only on the day stumps are fresh cut.

Last edited:

Bri-Guy-GA

Equipment
Kubota BX1880
Sep 10, 2020
Villa Rica, GA
Replaced the blades on my MMM with gator blades. These things are definitely hefty and a lot thicker than the factory ones. Moved a bit of dirt for a neighbor who just build a garage/shop and had a nice 3' high mound left. an hour of lifting and it was done. Nice workout for the little guy.

charger68

Equipment
L3901 HST, WM-8H, RCR1860, SCG1560, GS1572, HD25
May 18, 2021
Milledgeville, GA
Started building another set of steps to our deck. Great having that "extra set of hands" to move material around. Huge help when you are a 1 man builder. Much better than the last time build; lugging the 6 x 6 x 12' post with tractor is much easier than by hand!

L3901 - 1.png

L3901 - 2.png

L3901 - 3.png

Reactions: 5 users

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Maybe a 50/50 mix would work better?
It gets to be more costly, but I have found it to work best.
Apply only on the day stumps are fresh cut.
I've been effectively using Crossbow w/diesel on sweet gum, only one honey locust, at lower strength than OP.
I treat within an hour of cutting. I think there's one season they don't recommend treatment - rising sap maybe?

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Until I sold it almost 3 years ago, I called my Ford 3400 TLB, "my yellow wheelbarrow"
Now I call my Kubota L48 TLB "my orange wheelbarrow".
At 81, I am just too old to deal with a real wheelbarrow!

I have 4 wheelbarrows!
I use NONE!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

Shekkie

Equipment
LX2610, Virnig 60" Grapple, WoodMaxx TM-86H, Woods 60" BB/72”RB
Feb 12, 2022
Grafton, Ohio
Until I sold it almost 3 years ago, I called my Ford 3400 TLB, "my yellow wheelbarrow"
I am 28 years younger than you……also too old to deal with a wheelbarrow.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Hits close to home :) only 5 years behind you and I have what was a pretty good wheelbarrow sitting under my deck. The wheel has rusted away and last fall I thought it would be a good project to fix up.
Over the winter I thought about it more. I'm going to throw it away.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
1-3 is the recommended Remedy-Diesel mix ratio. Full strength Roundup works OK to prevent resprouting.

I am only 78 and haven't used a wheelbarrow since about an hour ago. ;)

Ridelght

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2022 Kubota L4060 Polaris Rangerxp800 Ford 3400
Feb 16, 2022
Ohio
Reactions: 1 users