What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
put some leaves out to the curb for city pickup. Blower and grapple, make short work of it

• Wow
Reactions: 8 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
put some leaves out to the curb for city pickup. Blower and grapple, make short work of it

I bet they love it pulling up to your place with the vacuum truck!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
careful Steve, you might get that truck dirty if you keep taking it out of the garage like that :ROFLMAO:

came out great! and the set up looks awesome.
As much as I hate to do it...it was necessary. Just turned 12K miles on it. Not bad for a 2018.

Reactions: 1 user

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I had a customer to bring 5 Cedar logs for sawing last evening but it was too dark to do anything other than unload them.
IMG_1369.JPG

The U25 handled that chore quite nicely.
IMG_1368.JPG

So I went back this morning using the M4900 to move them to a more suitable place.
IMG_1365.JPG

The Thumb on the forks helps to stabilize the logs. It will be at least mid-December before I can get to sawing these logs.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I had a customer to bring 5 Cedar logs for sawing last evening but it was too dark to do anything other than unload them.
View attachment 70311
The U25 handled that chore quite nicely.
View attachment 70312
So I went back this morning using the M4900 to move them to a more suitable place.
View attachment 70313
The Thumb on the forks help to stabilize the logs. It will be at least mid-December before before I can get to sawing these logs.
Looks like you have a fairly substantial sized counter balance weight on the mini? That must help quite a bit when spinning a load over the sides of the tracks? Did you add that weight or did you buy it that way?

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
That is the way it came and I suppose that it is not an add-on. If I normally had to do night work, it would have lights.....probably will add them anyway because it was dark last evening.

I may even investigate adding better head lights and add rear lights to the M4900. Did I say that it was dark last evening? :rolleyes:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Widened the driveway in a few places, and added 2.49 tons of 1" minus cinders. Rolled it in after.

IMG_0016.JPG IMG_0017.JPG IMG_0028.JPG IMG_0030.JPG IMG_0031.JPG

Attachments

Last edited:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
More land cleanup:
(I love my brush forks!)

IMG_0007.JPG IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0013.JPG IMG_0014.JPG IMG_0027.JPG IMG_0036.JPG

memtb

Equipment
Kubota M6040
Jun 6, 2017
Winchester, Wyoming
I’ve got a question for you folks that use/abuse their tractors similar to the way I use mine! As noted in my previous post, I’ve had two rear flats. I have an MD60 with weighted (2 on each) rears. Closing in on 70 yo, it kicks my butt to remove/replace those tires! I may not be able to handle many more of these encounters in my future. Is there an easy way to challenge a tire change? memtb

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I’ve got a question for you folks that use/abuse their tractors similar to the way I use mine! As noted in my previous post, I’ve had two rear flats. I have an MD60 with weighted (2 on each) rears. Closing in on 70 yo, it kicks my butt to remove/replace those tires! I may not be able to handle many more of these encounters in my future. Is there an easy way to challenge a tire change? memtb
A local tire shop that deals in ag and construction tires should be able to take care of tire changes and ballasting (if loaded). If using mobile service instead of taking the machine or wheel to their shop, they just need to be able to get a service truck to it. Of course all that costs, but it is much less physically demanding than doing it yourself.

Thunder Fish

Equipment
ZL2202DT-M
Oct 21, 2017
100 Mile House BC,Canada
I noticed that one of my tire chains was on upside down,went to take it off,it got jammed around the axle,went to take the wheel off and discovered that its heavier than it looks (weighted),bugger of a time getting it back on o_Oo_Oo_O

hope to float

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450
Feb 18, 2018
Ireland
Used mine as scaffolding. Set myself and the welder on the roof to reach an I-beam. Just beat the rain by minutes

memtb

Equipment
Kubota M6040
Jun 6, 2017
Winchester, Wyoming
I failed to mention an unusual occurrence that confronted me the other day when I was busy clearing riverbank and putting very heavy rears back on after a flat!

I started out with a full fuel tank, and noticed that I seemed to be using a lot of fuel.I blamed it on the fairly heavy workload placed on the tractor. After a while, not being very attentive to the gauges, I noticed that I had used a lot of fuel! I immediately went into “panic mode”, thinking the worst after a punctured radiator, and 2 flats......my mind immediately went to a ruptured fuel tank! There was fuel running off of the rear of the engine......well above the fuel tank. Thankfully, it wasn’t the tank.....but what! Raising the hood, allowed me to see that a small low pressure fuel line (I presume a tank return line) had become disconnected at a tee! Why....How....but, an easy fix! Seems there’s always a new or unusual challenge! memtb

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Broken waste line repair today. House is sold, closing Dec 6th. Municipal sewer inspection failed it due to break in line. It appeared that the joint wasn't glued, or perhaps, not primed.

Easy-peasy job for a cold/windy Black Friday.

Dig:

H4-FUL1.JPG

broken fitting:

H4-FUL2.JPG

smells like money...or yesterdays thanksgiving dinner :(

H4-FUL3.JPG

the fix:

H4-FUL4.JPG

backfill:

H4-FUL5.JPG

H4-FUL8.JPG

done.

H4-FUL9.JPG

Is that Aunt Edna under there??? :oops:

aunt edna.JPG

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
I failed to mention an unusual occurrence that confronted me the other day when I was busy clearing riverbank and putting very heavy rears back on after a flat!

I started out with a full fuel tank, and noticed that I seemed to be using a lot of fuel.I blamed it on the fairly heavy workload placed on the tractor. After a while, not being very attentive to the gauges, I noticed that I had used a lot of fuel! I immediately went into “panic mode”, thinking the worst after a punctured radiator, and 2 flats......my mind immediately went to a ruptured fuel tank! There was fuel running off of the rear of the engine......well above the fuel tank. Thankfully, it wasn’t the tank.....but what! Raising the hood, allowed me to see that a small low pressure fuel line (I presume a tank return line) had become disconnected at a tee! Why....How....but, an easy fix! Seems there’s always a new or unusual challenge! memtb
I had a similar occurence a couple of months back.
Finishing up logging for the day, I returned to the M to find it sitting in a widening puddle of fuel.
I went into hyper drive and hopped in the cab and gunned it for all it was worth towards home which was about a half mile away.
Luckily, or unluckily, the fuel tank holds 23+ gals and was over half full so I made it back with fuel to spare.
I dropped the tank; which entails removing a number of other components too while lying under the tractor.
The return line had been popped off its fitting at the bottom of the tank; probably while skidding logs through slash strewn logging trails.
Had I made a more thorough initial look-see, I likely could have reinstalled the line with out dropping the tank.
Still beats a ruptured tank