What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Looked at my snowblower today. I think it's calling for the tractor......:unsure:

Lorenz Waiting.JPG

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Changed the oil in the L3901DT Sunday. Took the loader off to make it a little easier to do. These tractors look some much different without the loader.

Took a piece of flashing and cut it so not to get oil all over the frame and front axle. I had made one before, but I couldn't find it. Put it somewhere where I wouldn't loose it, so it is safe somewhere.

oil_funnel.jpg

Went to grease the loaded, got two pumps out of it and ran out of grease. At least I knew where the new tube of grease was.

Reactions: 9 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I wasn't going to post this, but, maybe you'll get a laugh.

This was a new sewer line connection. The ground was really wet so I knew it would get torn up.

Start:
H4DIN201_1.JPG

The dig. found an old foundation. After hammering, used the 1 foot bucket to break it out.

H4DIN201_6.JPG

Street connection made. Test plugs installed for the inspector (who came 2.5 hours late).

H4DIN201_10.JPG

That made us start backfilling around dark...and those results speak for themselves :(

H4DIN201_11.JPG

H4DIN201_16.JPG

Still going...

H4DIN201_19.JPG

After loading up, I was afraid of what it would look like in the morning. I asked the guys to send me a pic the next day so I could see how bad it was. I wasn't disappointed. The image is pretty much what I expected to see. The proverbial "bomb" went off in the front yard!

H4DIN201_20.JPG

I'll have to go back and clean it up. Sucks.

5 Stars for the EZ binders! they were much easier to cinch up in the dark too!

EZ Binders.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
I wasn't going to post this, but, maybe you'll get a laugh.

This was a new sewer line connection. The ground was really wet so I knew it would get torn up.

Start:
View attachment 69808

The dig. found an old foundation. After hammering, used the 1 foot bucket to break it out.

View attachment 69810

Street connection made. Test plugs installed for the inspector (who came 2.5 hours late).

View attachment 69821

That made us start backfilling around dark...and those results speak for themselves :(

View attachment 69811

View attachment 69812

Still going...

View attachment 69813

After loading up, I was afraid of what it would look like in the morning. I asked the guys to send me a pic the next day so I could see how bad it was. I wasn't disappointed. The image is pretty much what I expected to see. The proverbial "bomb" went off in the front yard!

View attachment 69814

I'll have to go back and clean it up. Sucks.

5 Stars for the EZ binders! they were much easier to cinch up in the dark too!

View attachment 69819
Have thought about retiring my old lever binders in favor of ratchet binders (only every time I load the tractor which is infrequent). Those EZ binders looked really sweet until I looked at the price. 😳 I know you’re loading and unloading constantly so I’m sure they make sense but for my infrequent use I got some bad sticker shock on those things. I’m up off the floor now but still recovering.

Reactions: 1 user

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
the EZ binders are the biz!! you are going to love those things
that was quite the dig! There is no mini-ex mess a tractor couldnt clean up ;)

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Have thought about retiring my old lever binders in favor of ratchet binders (only every time I load the tractor which is infrequent). Those EZ binders looked really sweet until I looked at the price. 😳 I know you’re loading and unloading constantly so I’m sure they make sense but for my infrequent use I got some bad sticker shock on those things. I’m up off the floor now but still recovering.
I would agree. They weren't inexpensive at $118. I have other types of binders (lever and ratchet binders) and find that I typically overtighten the ratchet type. If you like the ratchet style, I'd recommend the "peerless ratchet" with folding handle. They are reasonably built and priced.

Reactions: 1 users

Jill Daley

Equipment
Kabota zero turn and a Bx4200
Nov 16, 2021
Canfield ohio
If you did something to or on you're tractor today and you don't want to start a new thread then post it here :D

I installed a horn I took from a tiny Toyota and then installed a decompression cable on mine today. Was going to do a little grading on the drive but got tired :(
Gurn
I tried to install a steel discharge chute on my zero turn rider but couldn’t figure out how the spring works…if you or anyone knows how please explain…I see no grooves or anything to keep tension on the spring.

• Wow

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
I 've been real concerned about the 30 to 50% higher home heating costs for this winter I've been hearing about, until I remembered I heat for free, and have for 40 years! I dragged this deadfall quaky about 1/4 mile from where I dragged it out across the creek, then the tractor's FEL was handy for holding it while I cut it into shorter lengths, and for moving the finished product into the shop near the wood boiler. The snowblower provided some extra rear counterweight, and it may be needed any day.
IMG_20211118_144307225~2.jpg
IMG_20211118_143933922_HDR~2.jpg
IMG_20211118_121310322_HDR.jpg

Reactions: 10 users

Rzims

Equipment
B7800
Apr 28, 2021
California
I 've been real concerned about the 30 to 50% higher home heating costs for this winter I've been hearing about, until I remembered I heat for free, and have for 40 years! I dragged this deadfall quaky about 1/4 mile from where I dragged it out across the creek, then the tractor's FEL was handy for holding it while I cut it into shorter lengths, and for moving the finished product into the shop near the wood boiler. The snowblower provided some extra rear counterweight, and it may be needed any day. View attachment 70017 View attachment 70016 View attachment 70015
beautiful country you live in!

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
This spring we had a little straight line wind one night that took down an apparently healthy white oak about 30” or so at the base. It took down and/or busted up a bunch of little stuff when it came down so it was a pretty good tangle from top to bottom. Tried taking a before picture and never could get anything that looked like much more than a brush pile. Access is creek bottom so dry ground is somewhat rare, but necessary. Been putting off getting it up waiting on the tree to dry, ground to dry, and enough chill to stop the chiggers in the beech trees that surround the downed tree.

Son is visiting this weekend and, apparently tired of apartment life in the city, wanted to do something involving physical labor. Definitely not passing up that offer. I ran the saw while he untangled the mess to get down to the firewood worthy stuff. Cut it into 7’ sections since that’s the max width for the trails.
C83A6D4B-7F01-4567-87CD-3FCD36FEA255.jpeg

93256B1F-109F-4D72-BBA7-09D04580A4E2.jpeg
17F893E8-D706-4C26-9D74-27C2B17A4A94.jpeg

Decision time. I can get to the wood lot the shorter way by taking the left fork through the permanent mud hole created by the spring at the bottom of the hill, or take the longer route to the right headed up the hill which gets a good bit steeper than that lower section a little further up. Up the hill we go. Would have a pic of the steep part but at that point I’m driving, not taking pics.

We left off working on the tree in favor of deer hunting now that it’s down to just spending a couple hours to drive back and forth to bring in the rest of the tree. I’m sure there are more efficient means to get the tree back to the wood lot but this one tree is enough for a year for us. Not like we’re a high volume operation.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
Hauled some firewood to the house and hoped it would snow enough to try my new plow, but it didn't.

Not cold enough yet anyway. I wait until the ground is froze so I don't plow all kinds of dirt into my lawns.
"A man who cuts his own firewood is twice warmed" Ben Franklin I believe said that, true story. I can actually heat for free using just my electric boiler, which ties in with the wood boiler system, because I have a large surplus of KWH's with my utility thanks to my grid tied wind, solar, and hydro electric systems. But I like keeping my little stretch of "forest" looking tidy, and a half tipped over deadfall (on new trees especially) offends me, so I may as well burn them for heat, and the L3301 is an invaluable helper.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
"A man who cuts his own firewood is twice warmed" Ben Franklin I believe said that, true story. I can actually heat for free using just my electric boiler, which ties in with the wood boiler system, because I have a large surplus of KWH's with my utility thanks to my grid tied wind, solar, and hydro electric systems. But I like keeping my little stretch of "forest" looking tidy, and a half tipped over deadfall (on new trees especially) offends me, so I may as well burn them for heat, and the L3301 is an invaluable helper.
You got it made it sounds like. I once looked into solar power here but in my area all the research I did came back saying I would not break even on investment for 30 years.
People I know here that did go solar told me the only way it works out is if you had to install poles and line to get electricity. Then the cost evens out.
For me I have oil forced air and my wood stove. And I do like you. I have yet to cut a good tree down on my property. Except for ones my retired forester friend tells me I need to cut, such as diseased ones. I just clean up the dead fall. I'm fortunate to have a lot of hardwood maple.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
"A man who cuts his own firewood is twice warmed"

The first time is when you are sweating cutting and splitting it! LOL

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
We're supposed to get high winds and a lot of rain so I put the forks on moved some lumber odds and ends on a pallet. Loaded up some patio stones on another pallet and put the out of the way for the winter. Next up is my 200 hour service that's two hours late.