What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

AGMartin

Equipment
2021 L2501HST with LA525 FEL and BH77 backhoe
Aug 29, 2021
Bainbridge Island WA
Fall is quickly closing the weather window to move firewood so I made the most of a classic “partly whatever” PNW day. The rain started while I was wrapping up my day having a cold malt beverage with my tractor coach, 92 year old Neighbor Bob. Bob’s got his own Kubota (L245DT) that he’s been very generous with, helping me on my property for the last 8 years. His Vermeer backhoe blocks use of the PTO so I gave him a key to my new L2501 today so he can use it anytime he wants. He’s excited about power steering and HST plus using the box scraper and pallet forks on his ranch. He gave me his 3 point post hole auger and tiller so perhaps after not being able to mount them on his tractor for over 20 years, he‘ll use those too.

Attachments

Reactions: 6 users

L35

Equipment
L35/TL720/BT900/York rake/Valby chipper
Jun 13, 2010
CT
Yep, cold weather moving on in, firewood moving on out towards the house. No sweating while working today that for sure... a nice mix of red and white oak for stove chow.
466A5F85-06DF-4D0C-A7F3-962276BAA96C.jpeg
D3948C09-675E-41D1-9ADB-EE8C704F5EB0.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
The corn is out, so it was time to start the clean up along the fence line.

20211106_091151.jpg

Opened up a path along the fence line that went to the top of the hill.
20211106_100148.jpg

20211106_100152.jpg

Had several large limbs to move. Unfortunately I left the chainsaw at home, so i had to take it as a whole piece.
20211106_111612.jpg

It was a nice day and get lots of work accomplished. Yet as always, there is more work to do.

Reactions: 2 users

SAR Tracker

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, FEL, LX2963 Snowblower, BH77 Backhoe, forks
Nov 17, 2020
Central Oregon
My 6' Pine Needle Rake from Titan Attachments came in last night. Sure am glad it's all made out of steel, cause the cardboard box looked like it came thru WW 3! No packing slip, no instructions, no paperwork of any kind. Good thing there's U-Tube and got the manual off the mfr's website. Got a text from FedEx that the package was delayed in Troutdale (near Portland, OR) because the barcode was not legible, so they put a new one on. Not sure who banded and wrapped the entire box in shrinkwrap plastic, but it was nice of them.

RichardAaronlx2610

Equipment
Lx2610 Cab, Fel, Backhoe, Grapple, Box Grader, Forks
Aug 3, 2021
New Jersey
Moving rocks I’ve found to be my top use for the grapple, certainly opens up a lot of jobs for these machines. Expanding my parking area wouldn’t have been possible with out building a retaining wall of sourced boulders & rocks.
View attachment 69110 View attachment 69112
my favorite thing to do with the grapple, aside from crush my kids old power wheels haha

Reactions: 1 user

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
No action shots, but I moved a little Rockwell knee mill for my Dad today. I think it weighed about 8-900 pounds. Used a strap and the forks to lift it from its head. For ballast I had the box blade and weights on the back. The machine made short work of unloading it, and moving it into its new home. Such a beautiful autumn day.

Reactions: 7 users

Outnumbered

Equipment
Kubota L3901, FEL, BB1260, RCF2060, FDR2572, Titan Forks, Caryall, 5' Tiller
Oct 26, 2019
Moseley, VA
Changed the blades on my zero-turn with the help of Miss K and then hit a regen at 549 hours while moving firewood from the barn to the rack. Chilly but good day to work outside,

Attachments

Reactions: 1 users

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Went to move the log splitter to split some wood and found a flat tire. So I had to "move" it up to the garage to put some air in the tire. After that my wife and I split 6 or 7 bucket loads.
splitter.jpg

eastvt

Equipment
BX1880
Sep 13, 2021
Vermont
So I got my new BX 1880 about two weeks ago (but I traveled for my daughter’s wedding for one of those weeks). I enjoyed putting about 5 hours on it so far. I moved an awful lot of heavy stuff that has been piling up around here. Got an amazing amount of work done in those 5 hours. I‘ve had, still have, a fair amount of logs and stumps on the ground, combination of a back injury in recent years and taking down some junk wood. In Vermont it’s hard to get motivated to wheelbarrow big poplar or basswood rounds to split and stack when I can buy hardwood cut, split and delivered next to the woodshed for under $300/cord. So those big junk wood logs have been rotting in place, some in the way, all ugly.

I wasn’t expecting the new tractor to come in until Jan 1 ‘21 or so, but it came in early October. It took them a couple of weeks to get around to putting it together. I wasn’t going to bug them about it, but when I finally called after they had it in a crate for 3 weeks, they put it right together. They did not install the block heater they had promised, haven’t gotten around to asking about that. The mower deck hasn’t come in yet, but I asked if they wouldn’t mid delivering the tractor without it. Done mowing, and I would have taken it off for this period anyway. Lucky I didn’t have it one now, maybe.

So yesterday late afternoon I moved some slabs of stone that had been cluttering the front of the driveway, and then some logs, and I did a sweep to pick up some poplar logs that were rotting in the ferns by my little pond. Oops. It turns out the ground is soft even a couple of feet away from the water. One front wheel is mired about as deep as the depth of the wheel in the mud. It was getting dark, and then it got dark as I tried to winch it forward with the hook they welded onto the front bucket. That didn’t work, and there she still sits, as it seemed better to wait tit light and a cool head. Did not have a cool head all night, thinking about it.

I’ve had a Kubota 2WD for about 20 years, but I’m new at 4WD and a bucket. The weight of the bucket was a factor, of course, and I think using 4WD was a mistake there by the pond, as the front wheel was the one digging itself in. Differential lock didn’t help either. I think my next step is to unhook the winch from the front bucket, float the bucket, 2WD, and back up with the rear wheels still on pretty solid ground. Also maybe see if I can unweight the front wheels pushing down on the bucket and stick something under the bogged wheel. We’ll see. Otherwise I’ll try winching from the rear, trickier, as the closest tree is farther, my winch isn’t very long, and I don’t have any attachment points I can see in the rear — 3 point hitch is bare.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
So I got my new BX 1880 about two weeks ago (but I traveled for my daughter’s wedding for one of those weeks). I enjoyed putting about 5 hours on it so far. I moved an awful lot of heavy stuff that has been piling up around here. Got an amazing amount of work done in those 5 hours. I‘ve had, still have, a fair amount of logs and stumps on the ground, combination of a back injury in recent years and taking down some junk wood. In Vermont it’s hard to get motivated to wheelbarrow big poplar or basswood rounds to split and stack when I can buy hardwood cut, split and delivered next to the woodshed for under $300/cord. So those big junk wood logs have been rotting in place, some in the way, all ugly.

I wasn’t expecting the new tractor to come in until Jan 1 ‘21 or so, but it came in early October. It took them a couple of weeks to get around to putting it together. I wasn’t going to bug them about it, but when I finally called after they had it in a crate for 3 weeks, they put it right together. They did not install the block heater they had promised, haven’t gotten around to asking about that. The mower deck hasn’t come in yet, but I asked if they wouldn’t mid delivering the tractor without it. Done mowing, and I would have taken it off for this period anyway. Lucky I didn’t have it one now, maybe.

So yesterday late afternoon I moved some slabs of stone that had been cluttering the front of the driveway, and then some logs, and I did a sweep to pick up some poplar logs that were rotting in the ferns by my little pond. Oops. It turns out the ground is soft even a couple of feet away from the water. One front wheel is mired about as deep as the depth of the wheel in the mud. It was getting dark, and then it got dark as I tried to winch it forward with the hook they welded onto the front bucket. That didn’t work, and there she still sits, as it seemed better to wait tit light and a cool head. Did not have a cool head all night, thinking about it.

I’ve had a Kubota 2WD for about 20 years, but I’m new at 4WD and a bucket. The weight of the bucket was a factor, of course, and I think using 4WD was a mistake there by the pond, as the front wheel was the one digging itself in. Differential lock didn’t help either. I think my next step is to unhook the winch from the front bucket, float the bucket, 2WD, and back up with the rear wheels still on pretty solid ground. Also maybe see if I can unweight the front wheels pushing down on the bucket and stick something under the bogged wheel. We’ll see. Otherwise I’ll try winching from the rear, trickier, as the closest tree is farther, my winch isn’t very long, and I don’t have any attachment points I can see in the rear — 3 point hitch is bare.
Use the bucket to push the tractor backwards to get it unstuck.

Lift it up a bit and dump the bucket all the way, then lower bucket into the ground, curl the bucket back while also using reverse and you can get it to push itself out.

eastvt

Equipment
BX1880
Sep 13, 2021
Vermont
Use the bucket to push the tractor backwards to get it unstuck.

Lift it up a bit and dump the bucket all the way, then lower bucket into the ground, curl the bucket back while also using reverse and you can get it to push itself out.
Thank you! Sounds like a good trick!

eastvt

Equipment
BX1880
Sep 13, 2021
Vermont
Worked! Though I backed up to a tree, still close to the pond, so I had to go forward and do the same kind of trick in reverse to pull myself forward to a spot where I could pull away from the pond. I had some plans for this tractor close to the pond, but I think I will cancel them unless it’s a very dry spell.

Reactions: 2 users

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Nothing.....I checked the battery maintainer. :unsure:

Hope it stays that way until April.

Now that is has it's "winter clothes" on, it's not too handy for other work. The ground clearance for the blower is real low, and the underside is very open to damage from sticks, limbs, etc.

857ECB0C-0B13-4AA8-9C6B-A2A19585674F.jpeg

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
Now that logging is finished for the season, it was time to how out the woodchips, dust and mud that accumulated in the cab over these past couple of months.
Vacuumed and cleaned the interior and pulled the cabin filter [see photos for before and after shots]
Which lead to a prewinter check.
Hydro was down 1 gallon.
Engine oil, and coolant all good.
Blew out the air filter, a bit dusty.
Still have to pull the roof:oops: and check out the radio as it quit a while back.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
It was time for the rest of the 400 hour servicing. I had completed everything except the hydraulic oil n filters change. Did that today - not without some tension. I thought I had plenty of udt2. Did a quick check just as I was about to tip the 1st gallon in. DOH! Kubota motor oil, containers look deceivingly close. Short 2 gallons to finish.
Waiting on a delivery from Coleman now.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
50 hour service today, also changed HST fluid.
it didnt look as bad as my B2601 did at 50 hours but still a little gnarly.

someone on this site suggested this little piece that fits under the engine filter to stop the oil from dribbling down everywhere and it worked quite well

48 Hour old HST fluid:

Last edited: