What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Used the FSP500 to spread about 800lbs of fertilizer. It was windy but I think it worked well and I'd say I had around a coverage of 15' wide. Waiting on a calm day to spread some grass seed.

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
And SURE glad the 'bota's there to help!

View attachment 59520
And the chickens are trying to help out too. They get to free range for a few months in spring and fall, in the spring until the garden is planted, or when the snow gets too deep in the fall after the garden is in. They always come poke around if I'm digging up, disturbing, or uncovering ANYTHING in the area.

Reactions: 1 user

forky

Equipment
L2501 HST 4X4 8N
Feb 23, 2021
Wisconsin
Yep free ranging chickens is the only way to go! They are happier and provide better eggs with the ability to eat the good stuff they prefer.....collected 10 eggs today and have 20 eggs in the incubator due to hatch next week.....we love having chickens.....since 1971 and still going strong.

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
After my 24-year-old daughter was released from the hospital on Wednesday after 26 days in ICU on a ventilator and 10 in a regular room we are so thankful.

Nothing had been done for over a month so we had a busy day today with the Kubota. Moved downed limbs to the burn pile then expanded my wife’s chicken coop to accommodate her new hens.

Attachments

Reactions: 8 users

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Glad to hear your daughter is on the mend, that must have been rough.

Reactions: 3 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Working outside on any machine, accomplishing something, is a great stress reliever. Glad your daughter is back home and on the mend.

Reactions: 3 users

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Outstanding Ken. Thanks for sharing the pictures of that very worthwhile project and also of your participation.

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
Outstanding Ken. Thanks for sharing the pictures of that very worthwhile project and also of your participation.
Thanks for the kind words.
I was just happy to be able to contribute something to the cause.
I did find out my tractor , with filled rear tires, too much air pressure, made the mile trip down the rough country road pretty darn brutal on this old body! LOL

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I hope I didn't make a bad mistake today :(
The footwells were paint worn and I have tried repainting before. I guess its pretty standard wear but before it starts to rust I tried a bedliner - Herculiner. One more coat later today.

footwell liner.jpg

Reactions: 9 users

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Rather than being a bad mistake, I would say that it was a very worthwhile modification plus touch-up will be easily done.

Reactions: 1 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
lol, finished the second coat. To be truthful I never noticed the drips until I came back to do the 2nd coat :( np it will wear off the floor.

Not so much off my hands tho :) finally googled how to get it off, acetone (nail polish remover).

Bri-Guy-GA

Equipment
Kubota BX1880
Sep 10, 2020
Villa Rica, GA
Pulled a few posts the previous owner set for grape vines or something. Took some work and pushing the poles to loosen them up, but i eventually won. I know I need some hooks on the bucket, but don't have them yet. New 5/16" chain worked great though. 20210508_151151.jpg

20210508_151151.jpg

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Glad to hear your daughter is on the mend, that must have been rough
It was. Thank you and she is doing great now.

Working outside on any machine, accomplishing something, is a great stress reliever. Glad your daughter is back home and on the mend.
Thank you and you are so right. Just driving a tractor and cutting grass is relaxing.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Played around in the mud a little today after I got home from the dentist. The missus has been wanting a mulch/compost pile for a while, so I gathered up all the old used cinder blocks I had and made a 3-sided pit about 5 feet wide and 8 feet long, two blocks high. Got the 'bota VERY muddy again, well, at least the floors and tires. I won't take pictures of the pit, because it's butt ugly. I took a level out there with the best of intentions, but it stood next to a tree the whole time I was moving stuff around. I laced the blocks together so it wouldn't fall over, but it ain't gonna stand up to much impact. The location is temporary for the duration of reclaiming the yard and putting in indigenous flowering plants that are low maintenance, like azaleas, St. John's Wort (it's like crack for bumblebees), and if I can find 'em, some greybeards and dogwoods. I don't normally do ugly work, but I had to keep telling myself, "It's a compost pile, it's a compost pile". Put a few buckets full of the chips from the WC-68 in it (which are already rotting from being wet most of the spring), and now have a much more accessible place to dump my grass clippings seperately from leaf debris. Gonna try to put nothing but veggie waste from the kitchen and mulchable yard waste in it until we find out if it's too close to the house (about 50 yards away). Then maybe some bones and stuff for ammonia to accelerate the composting. I suspect we're going to have some very happy possums and racoons back there. Dumped some peat tailings in it, as well as some potting soil that was little more than crushed bark. Maybe we'll get some stuff to improve the yard out of it. I'll put in a second pit for turning/storage later so we can keep the first pit composting as much as possible. Hopefully, we'll get some stuff to improve our yard with this. The neighbors across the highway have some livestock, so gonna see if they'll let me clean up a few cow cookies to add to it too.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Tomorrow's agenda:

Bottle 5 gallons of home brew Leffe Abbey Blonde Ale, and maybe brew a 5 gallon batch of English Porter and get it on to ferment. Ooops. Wrong forum.

Modify my el cheapo HF Haulmaster QH so that it doesn't hang up so bad on the LP BB1248. Too many bulky square corners that bind up on everything. Not much point in having a QH if I have to keep climbing up and down on the tractor and prying things around so it will actually engage the attachments. The top hook on the QH has to have a completely different angle when I switch from the chipper to the BB, so I have to spin the top link to fix that issue, too. I see a hydraulic top link and remotes in my future. I think I can fix the bulk of the usability issues with my angle grinder by just rounding some of the corners on the hooks and maybe tapering them just a bit. Something else caught my attention too, that being the guides for the lower hook latches. They should fit inside the pin pockets easily, but I noticed that they're tapered outward making them too wide and likely to stick on one side or the other. So, I might have to grind the weld on the pivot of the latch so I can rearrange them to be parallel, and I'll also taper the edges so they don't hang up too. Too many square pegs going into round holes.

My retirement hobbies are a lot more fun than my job ever was. Gonna be real hard to go back to work next month.