What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

kckndrgn

Equipment
BX2370 w/ 60" MMM and FEL, Box Blade, Bush Hog, Carry All & Tiller
Mar 17, 2016
Somerville, TN
Did some bush hogging and mowing at our hunting property yesterday. Been about 3 months since we have been there so the grass was quite tall.
Nothing like driving through 8' tall weeds mixed in with black berry canes.

Not kubota related, but also got to do some shootin' with the wife and kids. Both kids (9 & 13) want to go deer hunting this year, so I need to find something they can handle and hold. I think we've settled on them using my Rossi M92 44 mag rifle. They loved shooting it and they both operated it well. Just need to work on their iron sights skills (can't say much though, I don't really like iron sights).

Loner16

Equipment
B-7800
Spent the last week pulling rocks from the front meadow with the new Heavy Hitch and single shank ripper attachment. I had a feeling it would pick rocks from the ground easily, but I was surprised at the size of the rocks it would effortlessly roll out. These rocks are just emerging (every year there's new ones) and just starting to interfere with the brush hog.
Picking rocks means filling holes, which entails a trip down the old road in the woods for buckets full of dirt .. Then the rocks need to be added to the wall I'm building ..

P1010235.jpg

P1010256.jpg

P1010257.jpg

P1010254.jpg

P1010245.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

jryser

Jun 7, 2017
Plainfield
Cut several new trails on the 40 acre family playground for the grandkids - we have a beefed up golf cart they LOVE to cruise around on. The new toothbar makes bushhogging a dream. 6-8' bush and tangles pulled up as I went forward, the landpride cut everything behind me. Slick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
DRIVEWAY FUN - REDUX
They say " You Earn The Right To Live In The Mountains"
Payin My Dues !

Here we go again, more seat time :mad:.....

This is where it all goes.....

Half way there ....., Could be watching the Formula 1 Race? :mad:

Finally AGAIN ! .....:)

I love my tractor, but, come on weather! :D

Lets see what tonight brings. :rolleyes:

Attachments

Last edited:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Bush hogged over at my in-laws today. Grass was taller then the tractor in spots. Then got the tractor home for the first time in a couple months :D

Ryansweatt2004

Equipment
2017 kubota L3901HST
Jul 2, 2015
West gardiner maine, USA
DRIVEWAY FUN - REDUX
They say " You Earn The Right To Live In The Mountains"
Payin My Dues !

Here we go again, more seat time :mad:.....

This is where it all goes.....

Half way there ....., Could be watching the Formula 1 Race? :mad:

Finally AGAIN ! .....:)

I love my tractor, but, come on weather! :D

Lets see what tonight brings. :rolleyes:
Dang that's a lot of work! Looks like you could use a deeper ditch lined with some stone or something. I love getting seat time but repairing that more than once would get old fast. Still it looks like fun though lol.

billrigsby

Equipment
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
Your in serious need of some cloth and some rock! ;)
That would possibly work for the ditch but when the water runs down the driveway your about screwed because you can get no compaction. What I'm really in need of is about 2 feet of DG, (decomposed granite) disappearing, and a nice layer of road base put down. It's pretty solid 2 feet down.

Within the next week, at the County we're going to have our lab set up. So I'll probably dig down and get a good sample and do a proctor, a sand cone test and a sieve test, to see what I really have. But right now it's pretty obvious what I have on the top, junk.

Last edited:

billrigsby

Equipment
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
Dang that's a lot of work! Looks like you could use a deeper ditch lined with some stone or something.
With the top two feet being DG (decomposed granite) and if you get two plus inches of rain in less than an hour even with stone and geotextile fabric it's all going to end up down in the street. The ideal fix is to get rid of all that 2 feet of granite and put an nice road base down compacted to 95% or better.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
decomposed granite :rolleyes: Might be worth while crushing some of it up and running it through the sluice... Just a thought :D

Vidiot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2680 & several implements
Apr 28, 2017
Purcellville, VA, USA
Bought a new rear scraper blade that was delivered to my office and finally got around to bringing it home. Had to also buy a pair of clamp on bucket forks to get the dang thing out of the van but I've got to say; they worked perfectly and the BX didn't even break a sweat unloading the pallet from the van.

geoff

Equipment
b2410 tractor, FM90 topper,RS1200 cultivator,bearcat 4 inch chipper,b1610.
Jul 7, 2017
essex uk.
I took time to change the trans fluid,engine oil, and filters, now I'm on top of that I just want to do the coolant and I'm on top of the wet maintenance.
The machine is new to me and I wanted to get up to scratch with the more important bits.

Flienlow

Equipment
Kubota BX25D, Kubota U25 mini EX, SVL75,Landpride Grapple,Landpride grading scra
Mar 9, 2015
snohomish
Installing a footing drain.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

BX25D KY

Equipment
BX25D
Sep 26, 2015
Ky.
Much needed sidewalk!!

Here is a project that we did last fall. This was the first half. Finished the second part to the driveway a few weeks later.

I tilled the ground first and then the FEL made easy work of the rest.

Could not have done it without the BX25D :)

Attachments

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Well the OL decided she was going to mow,, not a good idea to my way of thinking but what do I know,,,, yeah not a good idea!!! How she mnaged to rip the molding from around the man door on the side of the garage which has a 3 foot cement pad around, and says I didnt do that, it I ll never know,,,
Now the lamp post along the drive way,,,, looks like she center tapped it dead center with the front of the BX,,, SO what do ya do?
Ya say ok Ill fix it,,,and bite your tongue till it bleeds

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Awright skeets but don't rush into the repair stuff, if your hernia is not well enough for you to mow on the Kubota, it's probably not well enough to start in on carpentry....