What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
I planted 3 acres of Safflower for the dove , they will fly 3 counties for Safflower.

Attachments

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
And if you have a pond near by they might even make it in from LA

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Worked on cutting up some fire wood using the pallet forks and bucket. Then went out on the private road and used the box blade to take out some really BIG washboards the neighbors created on one of the hills.

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
Moved some road base at my crane yard for the first time with the new dump bed trailer, which has a 6600 lb payload. I told the lady at the gravel yard to give me a couple yards, that would be a bit less then 6K more or less. She radios the info outside, and after the guy in the yard in the loader (a BIG loader) stopped after partially emptying his bucket and eyeballed me, I figured it must be his first day or something, a new guy, and to help him out I made the motion "curl your bucket" to him, and he dumped the rest in.

Going back over the scales, I started to realize that maybe he knew what the hell he was doing after all, I had 8540 lbs. in there.:rolleyes: 60 lbs of air in the tires, 65 is max, and they looked OK. Nothing to do (don't think they take it out, just put it in) but make the drive across town, about 5 miles, mostly 35 with some 45 MPH. Once at the crane yard I felt the tires and they were warmish....interesting. The hydraulics didn't have quite the needed grunt to lift the bed, so I drug out what I could with the bucket, but that was only at the rear of the trailer, I needed it out of the front of it. Nonetheless, the second time I tried it dumped it just fine. So now I know I have a good trailer, and that the loader guy is King. I would have been just right where he stopped, when I go back in tomorrow to get more, I'm going to tell the office lady to tell him to just load me up as he sees fit and ignore me.

5' box blade coming in this week from Titan. probably could have gone 6' with the L 3301, but it's a bit cheaper plus I see Kubota lists 5' as the recommended size, and I never over do things.

I already have a 5' scraper blade but after seeing how a neighbors gravel driveway looks after he hits it with his box blade, I saw the beauty of the design. I'll wait until mine comes in and then break it in. I have a couple pics but they are in transit in the ether, later for those.

Last edited:

Rosher18

Equipment
L185DT (1977)
Aug 2, 2016
Salem, Oregon
Put 8 hours on the clock yesterday while it was nice and sunny in Oregon, 4 hours of that with Seafoam in the motor oil prior to the change I plan on completing tonight.
I started to move composted manure into its own pile (prepping to give it to neighbors) and then started on ripping up some grass to expand the arena parking lot (people can't get large trailers turned around without going into the grass, so up it comes!)

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
Decided to move the firewood area away from the house a bit,
the previous owners had it so close that using a ladder was precarious
at best, due the steep angle

So, since most of the wood has been burned for the season,
seemed like a good time to do it.

First had to remove the small pallets and fence posts that were in the ground.
had a couple of stubborn ones,
seems the ground is still a bit frozen at the 6" point! :eek:

Let the tractor sit a bit and they slowly came up. :D

Graded out the area to make it a bit more level and cut a drainage ditch.
Still needs more work, but we are at the "frozen ground" level now.

Made a berm with all the removed dirt in the area where we generally get water flowing
during the bad storms, this should help keep it from flowing through the backyard.

Attachments

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Love your Chinked log home. Is that all log or a siding? I've got a small 4" thick x 8" wide) construction Micro log cabin unit that is chinked on my property. Want to side the home on the same property with something that looks the same as the cabin. Is your's all log or is some of it sided? Rear shot looks almost sided?

[Decided to move the firewood area away from the house a bit....

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
Spread 9 tons of road base/gravel around my crane yard, the first real work with the new L3301 and it's new box scraper. It's still pretty surprising how fast the work goes with the larger tractor, it really kicks butt, plus it's significantly quieter also.

BUT, the safety cutoff that shuts off the engine if you raise up out of the seat for a better look, has to go! Sorry Kubota safety engineers and liability attorneys, I'll take my chances without that lame feature.

Dchemphill1

Equipment
L3901
Jun 9, 2016
Fort Calhoun, NE, USA
Placing landscaping rocks. My L3901 was stretching its muscles. Some of the heaviest could only be lifted just off the ground. The hooks I installed on the bucket were invaluable for wrapping the boulder with log chain.

Attachments

David Page

Equipment
1974 L260, 6" bush hog, subsoiler, spring tooth harrow, boom pole, 2 bottom plow
Jun 25, 2013
Dexter, ME
Workhorse, When using the log tongs did you hook it on the log by hand and how well did they stay attached. Thanks