What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

workhorse

Jan 14, 2016
Alden, franklinville, boston
Workhorse, When using the log tongs did you hook it on the log by hand and how well did they stay attached. Thanks
Most were by hand, but out of the 10 or so I dragged out I was able to hook up to a couple with some finesse without getting off tractor. Once they are hooked on they are NOT gonna fall off. The tongs have pretty sharp points. Both pole and tongs are from tractor supply. I couldn't really find any reviews of that specific setup and I was a bit Leary on weights as some of the logs I need to skid are giant. The log in the pics is a shagbark hickory, over 20" wide and around 15' long. I was able to pull out the whole log (30'+) as the spot I bucked still had bark attached. Dragged it for 100yrds and it finally broke free. I guess total weight of that log was well over 1000#. I am beyond impressed with the 200$ setup. I was choking logs with chains off my quick hitch hook that was a pain in the butt and I couldn't get the height to keep logs out of the mud. I recommend that setup to anybody. That is also the "medium duty" pole, 1000# at middle hook and 500# at end. TSC has a heavy duty gat will lift 2000# at middle and 1000# at end. It's also 300$. I see no need for what I'm doing. Also, haven't had any issue with front end getting light with a heavy log on back.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Mowed the yard for the first time with the new kubota zero turn mower :D Should have pulled the trigger years ago on one :rolleyes: Was taking about 3 hours to mow the two acres with a 60" finish mower and l1501. Plus a couple hours weed eating and trimming. Took around an hour with the zero turn. Thats with picking up downed limbs I missed and chopping up the rest of the leaves. Should get it down a little quicker now that the yards cleaned up. Then spent a half hour with the push mower doing the ditch, and blowing everything off.

Spent about 2 hours total in the yard with blowing the leaves off the fence and out of the flower beds before I Mowed :D

Last edited:

afret

Equipment
L3901, MX5800, U55-4
May 7, 2015
North Idaho
Was a nice day and found a good size branch that fell from one of the douglas firs so decided to finally test the wood chipper. Still waiting for all the snow to clear from around my big pile of branches you can see in the background.

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
IMG_5680.jpg With all the rain we've had in Ca this year I've been busy discing for hire more than usual . I'm booked up solid for the next 3 1/2 weeks , driving tractor is what I call open air therapy I love it.

workhorse

Jan 14, 2016
Alden, franklinville, boston
Decided to grab a heavy, heavy duty bush hog back blade from Craigslist. I was surprised at the heft of this thing! My old one was nice, this is the cats butt ! Tilt/angle/offset. Replaceable cutting edge, kickstand etc. Plowed the wet n heavy white stuff off the driveway last week and smoothed out some paths today. Went for a walk in the north 40 too. Wasn't really trying to accomplish any major tasks other than burn some fuel with the tractor head of the family...(can be seen pushing his john Deere through "the mud" in second pic) Quality time !

Last edited:

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
Was a nice day and found a good size branch that fell from one of the douglas firs so decided to finally test the wood chipper. Still waiting for all the snow to clear from around my big pile of branches you can see in the background.

Yeah, that looks like Idaho! Yard work, with snow still on the ground, some years I have to take off the mower deck and put the snow blower back on........, I'm at a bit less then 6,000' elevation.

afret

Equipment
L3901, MX5800, U55-4
May 7, 2015
North Idaho
Yeah, that looks like Idaho! Yard work, with snow still on the ground, some years I have to take off the mower deck and put the snow blower back on........, I'm at a bit less then 6,000' elevation.
Yup, you can definitely stay busy here with all the yard work. I'm less than an hour north of CdA and a little under 3000' elevation. Nice sunny first day of spring!

kckndrgn

Equipment
BX2370 w/ 60" MMM and FEL, Box Blade, Bush Hog, Carry All & Tiller
Mar 17, 2016
Somerville, TN
Mowed the yard today, greased all the fittings on the mower deck, FEL and HST peddle. Also sharpened the mower blades and did a fluid check. Yup , ready for summer :)

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
I put the landscape rake on the L 3301 and ran it up and down my 400' runway, (I fly out of my property, a RANS S7-S kitplane) plus a few trails I use to get around the 40 acre property. I do this every spring while the ground is still somewhat soft. It evens things out a bit and just seems like a good thing to do, kind of like scratching a dog.

Keeping in mind I had my B 2105 for 11 years or so, it's been interesting doing the same chores with the bigger 3301. I am finding that many of the same things the smaller tractor handled easily, the bigger tractor can't do any better or faster, like this raking. But then....I am also finding that I can now do things really easy that before were a bit of a struggle. I'm really liking the higher capacity of the FEL, and equally important, the bit higher lift in feet it raises my loads. And, I can also do things that the smaller tractor couldn't do at all, no regrets so far on the trade up.

I did away with the "raise your butt off the seat, even a little, while moving, and the engine quits" safety feature. It took about 5 seconds to zip tie down the little lever under the seat. I found it a huge PITA, now I can once again get off the tractor, and (carefully of course) and use my hand on the GO pedals to back up to an implement or hook up a trailer. Not to mention when using the forks I can stand up to see better what I'm doing.

Next to go is, most likely, is the ROPS. I have had it folded since buying the tractor, and it STILL gets in the way too often. Yes I live on a mountain side, but being a crane operator I have a pretty good sense of the whole "center of gravity getting out of whack" thing. My old tractor had the ROPS cut off when I bought it, and I never needed it in 1200 hours of operation. I have come very close to hitting things with it, I am too used to NOT having one.

Attachments

8upbowhunter

Equipment
L4701 FEL, Cutter, Discs and Land Plane
Dec 15, 2016
S/E Louisiana
I did away with the "raise your butt off the seat, even a little, while moving, and the engine quits" safety feature.

I am not too far from doing away with mine also. If I even try to lean a little to the right to see my loader when it is down low the engine quits. I think they are set a tad too sensitive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mike9

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Oct 9, 2015
Ghent, NY
Last Tuesday we got 24" of snow and I spent half a day back blading I started at a foot and kept at it. Wednesday morning we had another 6", but it only took two hours to clean that up. Yeah - we have a lot to plow. Tell you what - my tractor loves that block heater. 30 minutes and it fired right up with a good clean burn. 4hrs in and it only used a 1/4 tank of fuel at WOT . . . and it only has a 3-1/2 gal. tank!!! :D

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 w/loader, finish mower, tiller, auger, rake. BX24 w/loader, backhoe
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
Gundoctor,
I understand the the use of the snow pusher in the first photo.
What is the reason or use in the position in the second photo?
It looks like the skid plates are for use in both positions.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
What is the reason or use in the position in the second photo?
It looks like the skid plates are for use in both positions.
If i may, It's used to pull snow back away from something like a building or in front of a doorway. ;)

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I just tryed to push more bamboo over and make the patch smaller,, makes me wish I had a bigger tractor with a flail

jmf78

Equipment
BX23S W/ Factory Deluxe Cab, 60" MMM, 60" BX-2612 Snow Blade & BX-2816 Blower
Nov 5, 2015
Edinboro, PA, USA
Sent my BX2670 to the dealer. [emoji45]
BX23S should be delivered Thursday. [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk