What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
not sure if planning on using it today counts... I have move my BH about 4' over from where its currently sitting, think its possible to do that with the loader?? counter weight would be my BB on the 3pt. Pretty flat ground and the rear tires on the tractor wont even me leaving the gravel driveway.
Four feet? Just be careful thet BH weighs about 600 pounds!

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Four feet? Just be careful thet BH weighs about 600 pounds!

literally lift; drive back, and then drive forward 4' to the right of where its currently sitting. it doesnt need to be lifted high up. Just a few inches. maybe I will be the first one to attempt this on a 23s... i will report back if i survive!!

Reactions: 1 user

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
Is it on a pallet and do you have forks? That should be doable as long as your properly ballasted and your only lifting it up a few inches. Just make sure it's strapped down so it doesn't tip over and keep it low and slow. I wouldn't try rigging it to hooks on the bucket though. Not sure you'd even be able to get it off the ground like that and if it starts swaying or something slips it could end poorly.

Last edited:

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
It was a busy weekend, snow has finally gone, first task was to pick up the L3200 from the local dealer where it was having a set of rear remotes fitted. This tractor does not have a loader and as a result it was a very expensive bill to fit the remotes, the remotes also mounted very differently from either my L3901 or MX5800. I closed my eyes and paid the bill!

Got the L3200 home and it was time to hook up the dump trailer to it, things did not go well as the dealer did not read my written work order of fitting 1/2" diameter connectors, removed the 3/8" connectors, drove back to the dealer for correct parts, most annoying when people cannot follow very basic instructions or just don't even check.

Then it was fresh fuel for all, I took my 58 gallon transfer tank to get off road diesel along with an extra 5 gallon tank. Just about emptied the tanks between three tractors, skid loader and excavator, it's good to have them all full with fresh gas, time to get to work.

Fitted a new MTL Attachments grapple to the LA525 on my L3901, it fit well, just had to change out the couplings to 1/2" ag females rather than the flat face couplers it arrived with. Too many couplers for one day!

Did a lot of clearing roots and brush to burn piles and larger timber to log pile. Quickly got the hang of my new compact grapple and the dump trailer is going to be a big asset. 2 of us made a good start to spring cleanup.

Attachments

Reactions: 7 users

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Is it on a pallet and do you have forks? That should be doable as long as your properly ballasted and your only lifting it up a few inches. Just make sure it's strapped down so it doesn't tip over and keep it low and slow. I wouldn't try rigging it to hooks on the bucket though. Not sure you'd even be able to get it off the ground like that and if it starts swaying or something slips it could end poorly.
No pallet or forks. Decided against lifting it. Ended up moving everything else then hooking up the backhoe and digging the end of my culvert and started on a tree stump. Figured if I put it to work moving it isn’t a big deal.

angrymatt

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, SCR1860, BX42 Chipper, Grade Scraper, PL1242 Forks, 60" Pusher
Sep 4, 2020
NH
5AD278E0-0345-49B1-9D61-F3C96C8BDAD2.jpeg

Got some drywall loaded into the sunroom. Even by my standards that was a bit shady in 50mph wing gusts.

Reactions: 2 users

je1279

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610 w/ 60" MMM, LP 72" Snow Plow, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, and Woods 60" BB
Dec 6, 2020
Upstate NY
View attachment 57133
Got some drywall loaded into the sunroom. Even by my standards that was a bit shady in 50mph wing gusts.
Haha I too live dangerously but that's a bold strategy. Also, after a few drinks I would have meandered outside of your sunroom and found myself in pain roughly 7' below moments later.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

angrymatt

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Sep 4, 2020
NH
Haha I too live dangerously but that's a bold strategy. Also, after a few drinks I would have meandered outside of your sunroom and found myself in pain roughly 7 feet below moments later.
I like you style. Lol Until today its been boarded off to prevent me from doing the exact same thing. It was either try this “route” or tear the railings off the deck. Im in no rush to try it again.

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
It was a busy weekend, snow has finally gone, first task was to pick up the L3200 from the local dealer where it was having a set of rear remotes fitted. This tractor does not have a loader and as a result it was a very expensive bill to fit the remotes, the remotes also mounted very differently from either my L3901 or MX5800. I closed my eyes and paid the bill!

Got the L3200 home and it was time to hook up the dump trailer to it, things did not go well as the dealer did not read my written work order of fitting 1/2" diameter connectors, removed the 3/8" connectors, drove back to the dealer for correct parts, most annoying when people cannot follow very basic instructions or just don't even check.

Then it was fresh fuel for all, I took my 58 gallon transfer tank to get off road diesel along with an extra 5 gallon tank. Just about emptied the tanks between three tractors, skid loader and excavator, it's good to have them all full with fresh gas, time to get to work.

Fitted a new MTL Attachments grapple to the LA525 on my L3901, it fit well, just had to change out the couplings to 1/2" ag females rather than the flat face couplers it arrived with. Too many couplers for one day!

Did a lot of clearing roots and brush to burn piles and larger timber to log pile. Quickly got the hang of my new compact grapple and the dump trailer is going to be a big asset. 2 of us made a good start to spring cleanup.
Nice setup there.. really like the trailer!

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Got the possibly last load this spring of tamarack for fence posts and rails hauled out of the forest. It's still frozen an inch or 2 under the surface here, but it will be impassable back there in a week with the thawing. I'll put the chipper on and get back there tomorrow and clean up all the tops and branches. Then as soon as the topsoil softens enough around the yard I have a new fence to auger holes for, for our new Great Pyrenees puppy's yard.
IMG_20210328_132500119_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210328_132307334_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210328_132352383_HDR.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

nbryan

Equipment
Jan 3, 2019
Big dogs! Hope you are giving them plenty of room!
We have 119 acres. About 35 acres is on the river side of the main road. There's room, it's the fencing needs that will take the time. Her yard fenced area (Pyr-proof) for this year will be about 2500 sq ft area beside our home. But we have lots of territory for her to manage! Depending on her temperament, she may not be a big wanderer but not counting on it so invested in a gps collar tracker called Tractive. Works very well, battery charges last at least 3 days, and you can set up a virtual fence so if she leaves the area, and/or returns, the app notifies you.
The big LGD breed attracts me as there's lots of chicken predators around. Need her help! And I'm hoping she's good enough that the fire sticks can be left locked up during bad predator season, which will kick in soon. Next year!

nbryan

Equipment
Jan 3, 2019
Looking good nbryan. Your wodlot is quite different from mine, but those Poplars fascinate me.
In the area that these photos show I took a bunch of fire-injured paper birch for firewood this winter. And yes, there's a lot of (over)mature quaking aspen here! I'm trying to get my neighbor with his brand new Woodland Mills portable bandsaw mill back there and put some of those big aspen through it. The tamarack is about 200 yards away and I dragged the whole tree bunches to this site for processing for posts and rails.
There's lots of nice white spruce in the mix here, too!

angrymatt

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Sep 4, 2020
NH
Maybe I missed it but what are your plans for that looong first step? :oops:
I tore the old ones out just before winter to pour concrete. Going to build a deck and a new set of stairs. Just havent had a chance to do yet.

Reactions: 1 users

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I'm trying to get my neighbor with his brand new Woodland Mills portable bandsaw mill back there and put some of those big aspen through it.
Woodland Mills makes a very good manual sawmill and they turn out some lumber. Share some pictures when/if you get some sawn. Ask if he knows me from a sawmilling forum. ??