What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Got it stuck. Sorry only a picture of after, cause I wasn’t going to get off the seat unless necessary . The hoe pulled me out no problem. I was hoping three nights of below zero would stop the frost, we have had way too quick of a thaw this year.

731C3012-14C7-447F-BB9A-722F8FC619CA.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Nothing wrong with a slope to the door. Makes power washing possible
Agreed, but I gotta put a lotta dirt in there to get a significant slope toward the front and make sure it's high enough that water (rain) doesn't come in and force the washing issue. I'm thinking something along the lines of 1/8" per foot slope toward the doors, and maybe put a small interior ramp at the doors to ensure the ROPS doesn't hit. I'm not real keen on raising and lowering the ROPS every time I want to use the tractor. Gonna do the slab with a broomed finish. It's quicker to do, and also cures a little quicker if the surface has some texture. Grout also stays put if I put something on it permanently. In addition, it'll hopefully prevent me from experimenting with self-inversion techniques if I spill something on it.

If my site wasn't currently a catfish pond, I'd be getting gravel today or tomorrow. Unfortunately, a dump truck may go missing in my yard at the moment, and there is some slope to deal with getting close to the site. I can't think of anything I'd like to see less than a 20 Yard dump truck laying on it's side in my yard.

Gonna lay down a base of crusher run then a 2-3 inch veneer of #57 for grade. A lot easier to rake #57 than crusher run and get a smoother grade with no variation in aggregate size. Also have a rather large pile of rocks 2-10 inches in size that I've picked up over the years, and have been wondering what to do with them. I figure they'll make some pretty good fill, if only a tiny portion of what I need. Great way to get rid of them and not have to move them again. But, gotta wait till it dries up a bit now. Lil' Orange will sink outta sight back there at the moment. Probably need to go drain all the water with a shovel/hoe. Sunny, cool, and VERY windy today, so it should start drying up pretty quick. I'll have a good idea where it's not on grade now, anyway.

Maybe I'll go ahead and get a culvert today and put that in the ditch near the site so I don't get the 'bota quite so nasty crossing the ditch. Might as well use some crusher run to set it.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
:oops: Wowser!!! That is a huge difference. (y)
You guys fare ok down there when all the storms came through last week? Our little town got hammered pretty hard, but fortunately most of the damage was tree damage in a little park next to the creek. A little roof/sheet metal damage here and there, but I don't think any houses were destroyed.

The Kubota dealership in Pelham got gutted. Lifted the roof and made water pour in, but didn't pull it off. The tornado made it to Pelham, and somehow managed to pick up an M series, and toss it over the fence and drop it on it's side. Not a wire bent in the fence. It was one in a long line of tractors parked by the fence for display. That's a pretty tight and weird tornado. Weather Service says EF-3.

The Oak Mountain State park just did a control burn about 2 months ago. Now, they have THOUSANDS of trees blown down or broken off. Park's been closed to hikers and bikers since the storm because of the damage and dangers. This storm is very reminiscent of one that hit the area in 1995. Almost identical path.

FrozenOrange

Equipment
L3901HST, B7100
May 8, 2017
North Pole Alaska
I had pulled off the snowblower and flipped the bird at Mother Nature. She's a mean old B$$$$ and got even.
We woke up to 8" of new snow overnight. NWS put out a winter storm warning for tommorow for additional 9-13". Dang. Mother Nature. You win. I'll put the snowblower back on the tractor. Springtime in Alaska.

Reactions: 2 users

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
I had pulled off the snowblower and flipped the bird at Mother Nature. She's a mean old B$$$$ and got even.
We woke up to 8" of new snow overnight. NWS put out a winter storm warning for tommorow for additional 9-13". Dang. Mother Nature. You win. I'll put the snowblower back on the tractor. Springtime in Alaska.
Now I see where your username comes into play..😊

Reactions: 1 users

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Crash277 ,
You din't really get it stuck, did you?
We're on to you.
You just wanted to do an Easter drawing. right?

face.jpg
face2.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Crash277 ,
You din't really get it stuck, did you?
We're on to you.
You just wanted to do an Easter drawing. right?

View attachment 57348
thats amazing hahaha. It’s funny how you can see exactly when I dug the orange shovel in to pull. What would be awesome would be if the diff lock could be engaged while kneeling on the seat facing backwards and pressing the hst peddle. No marks on the front from the bucket cause I had the grapple on.

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Used the B3200 to pull out an Amazon delivery van from my neighbors drive. Worst part was trying to get the chain around the frame support and not rip up that plastic bumper. Neighbor drives a jacked up F350 so he doesn’t care that his drive sucks. UPS and Fed won’t go down it. Add Amazon to that list now. He got home mid pull and proceeded to rip them about messing up his drive. I just laughed. He asked me what was so funny and I said if they could mess that drive up any more than it was, they sure as hell wouldn’t have gotten stuck. Made him stop chewing them out though. Unhooked, said my goodbyes and left

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
You guys fare ok down there when all the storms came through last week?
Yes stormwise OK but as some of you, WET. 4WD twice yesterday moving and setting the sawmill up. Thankfully sawdust makes good "pavement" around the sawmill while working.
E7E65EAE-5CAF-48B0-8483-7DC19EA485C9.jpeg

A few logs.
DDCB48B2-C895-405B-A21B-A87880B46C7A.jpeg

And 5 hours later a few boards. The customer was happy and I got some jingle in my pocket. (y)

Reactions: 3 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Yes stormwise OK but as some of you, WET. 4WD twice yesterday moving and setting the sawmill up. Thankfully sawdust makes good "pavement" around the sawmill while working.
View attachment 57389
A few logs.
View attachment 57390
And 5 hours later a few boards. The customer was happy and I got some jingle in my pocket. (y)
Well done. Hard to do anything in the mud, but yep, the sawdust will absorb a lot of water. Good looking hardwood. White Oak?

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
No, Red Oak close that we did not saw and Tulip Poplar in the background.

I have to go back later when it dries a bit and he is able to skid some Pine logs out, too wet right now. I will also saw the Red Oak then.

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Chipped up a trailer-full of birch trimmings from firewood today. Ground is still barely frozen enough to drag the trailer load home without messing up the winter trail any worse than it already is. A winter blast the last 2 days assisted with that. Forecast says warmup now, so this is probably it for a while! I'll be using the chipper around the yard after this. Sure enjoying the WC68!!

Reactions: 2 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
It has been between 30-35 degs so far today but I am determined to get all the plantings I had delivered into the ground. Put 4 of the 8 flowering bushes in, staggered in front of the Box plants. My hands were numb or I would have fetched the other 4.

1st 4 flowering shrubs.jpg

Now the big question is what to use to edge it at the driveway after I put down some bark chips (that the boss approves of).

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Box bladed this yesterday, got most of the lumps out....
used to be woods, it's about to become lawn :) I'm excited to be a part of the transition!

But....but....but....but you won't have any leaves left to blow with your new leaf blower!! :cry:

bx tractorjoe

Equipment
kubota l2501 upgraded from a bx23s john deere 670 husquarvana huv 4421 gxp
Jun 3, 2020
loxahatchee flordia
Moved this 4x4 5/16th plate of steel I got for free...brought it in the shop to measure it to get 3 inch c channel cut to fit for legs and cross bracing.. will make a great welding/ work table.. have some sold 5 inch iron casters to put under it I've had laying around for years..

Attachments