What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Got it delivered!
You're gonna love it. For a "little" tractor, it's got some serious grunt. Got mine in November. Was still in the crate when I bought it. It's got all the attitude of a much larger machine, especially with loaded oversize R14's. You'll find that your box blade is gonna come off the ground a lot, and it'll be hard to knock off crowns over a hill because the lift bottoms out all the way down. If the front is lower than the back, the blade may not even touch. The big tires pretty much require that you move the lift links to the closest holes in the arms. That lets the arms go up and down a bit farther. You'll lose a little lift capacity, but I have an 850 lb chipper that it lifts with no problem.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Didn't get any photos before it got dark, but got notified today my building permit was approved, so I started on the pad for the concrete slab that will be my lil' Orange feller's new abode. When I started, I was nearly 18 inches off grade from the NW corner to the SE corner, and generally speaking a 6" drop east to west. When I knocked off for dinner, I had the south corners within a quarter inch, and was down to about 8" of slope front to back. Still got about 3 inches drop west to east across the front. Having to take my time with it because the soil is REALLY wet. Can see it bubblegumming up to 5 feet away from the tractor as I go across it. Hard to pack anything in those conditions. I'm moving a few inches of dirt, then packing it down with the LX, then go get a few more inches. If I can get it under 2 inches drop front to back, I'll get the gravel and fines to get it ready for a slab. Will take some snaps tomorrow and post. Set up a construction corner and grade reference before I started so I can pull up the markers while I'm diggin. Was box blading some and wasn't watching what I was doing out front. Poked a hole in the old red shed at the corner with the Piranha. Didn't even feel it make contact on the aluminum siding on that thing.

Reactions: 1 user

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Box bladed this yesterday, got most of the lumps out....
used to be woods, it's about to become lawn :) I'm excited to be a part of the transition!

Reactions: 10 users

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
used to be woods, it's about to become lawn :) I'm excited to be a part of the transition!

That's a really great looking job there! Says a lot about what a little 26hp Orange CUT and a box blade can accomplish. I'll be really busy with mine this year! When it stops snowing, blowing, and re-freezing the ground here, that is.

Reactions: 1 users

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy

Looks really good.. that’s s pretty good size area and since it was wooded.. I’m sure that was a job!

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Great leveling job!! Im doing the opposite at the back of my property. Letting Mother Nature grow the forest into my yard a bit more.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL

Very nice work. Dunno how rough it was, but that looks great. When you say forest, are we talking large trees, or scrub? Don't see any significant stump removal signs. If that's the case, very well done covering subsoil with topsoil.

Are you going to till it before you sod/seed it, or just drag it? Looks like fairly decent soil. Get a soil test done before you try to put anything down on it. Take several scattered about the area. Generally speaking, forested ground can be pretty low pH, and nothing will grow on it. Might want some lime on it before planting to bring the pH up a little.

Good to have maneuvering room to learn/use a BB. BTW, if you need some rain to water it, come get some of mine so I can get back to my new shed project. The pad I started excavating last night is now a large mudhole. Won't be able to touch it for a week again. We get a couple days of sun, then a frog-stranglin-gully-washin-turd-floater. Anything stirred up takes forever to dry back out because of the clay content. Broken up, the water goes in, but doesn't come out. Undisturbed, the clay is like a seal and the water just runs off. I disturbed a lot of clay last night.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Learned yesterday (the hard way) why the BB1260 would be so much better behind the LX2610SU. Getting into corners and close to tight spaces is next to impossible when your tires are wider than the blade. It's nigh on impossible to widen a dig because the tires have to ride on the edge and tilt the tractor. I should have paid closer attention when the dealer made the BB1248 part of my package. Wouldn't have cost more than about a hundred bucks more to have the 1260. So, I gotta learn better digging techniques with the bucket to make up for the narrow BB, or get a wider BB and sell this one to someone with a smaller tractor. I'm having NO problems ripping 3 inch roots out of the ground with the BB1248 behind the LX, so I figure a BB1260 won't be much more of a problem. More rippers might be just what the doctor ordered.

Here's what yesterday's progress on the new shed looks like this morning.
IMG_2628[1].JPG

I have a swimming pool instead. That was all dry (well, sort of) last night at dinner time. I do like what I see with how the water's standing, other than the fact the water is standing. Says I've done a lot of dirt moving and I'm headed in the right direction. I lowered the corner nearest the tractor about 8 inches, pushed to the back, and then packed it. Did this in about an hour just by eyeballing it from the seat. still need to raise the back edge about 6 more inches and then I'll fill in with 8910 fines before forming. The slope was nearly a 16 inch fall front to back.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Very nice work. Dunno how rough it was, but that looks great. When you say forest, are we talking large trees, or scrub? Don't see any significant stump removal signs. If that's the case, very well done covering subsoil with topsoil.
This is what it looked like beforehand. No material has been added yet. Next week. I was just getting things to flow a little better with the blade after the tree company made a disaster of it.

General grade was not too bad. Just needed to be smoothed out. There are a few pronounced high spots that are raised a bit with large 4-6 roots and big stumps. We are going to add some fill, and top with 4" of screened topsoil. There will be some settling over time but we're not going for golf course, just green. prob looking at 200 tons of material coming. Shoulda got 2650 :ROFLMAO:

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Not as ambitious as B737 but last evening I put the last 2 (of 8) Box bushes in at the top of the driveway. This morning I used the PHD to drill 8 holes for the butterfly bushes and got them in the ground. This is New England and we are right on a Glacial Till. The PHD did a lot of dancing around as it pulled out a load of potatoes. It would have taken me 'never' to dig those holes by hand.

The forecast is for rain starting any minute and really raining tonight. As is was the ground in the backyard was still soft and the R14's were unkind to it. If I waited until after the rains it would probably be another 4-5 days to dry out.

angrymatt

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, SCR1860, BX42 Chipper, Grade Scraper, PL1242 Forks, 60" Pusher
Sep 4, 2020
NH
C73B12D2-C413-428B-AB25-92E930249021.jpeg
E02CE1F0-F7DF-4232-9925-70AE45D8F458.jpeg

Loaded it up to bring to the dealer to have a third function installed. Sadly im still about 2 months from the grapple showing up.

• Love

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
View attachment 57277 View attachment 57278
Loaded it up to bring to the dealer to have a third function installed. Sadly im still about 2 months from the grapple showing up.
Dat's some big ol' fat turfies on dat tractor!

I'm diggin on the dovetail trailer too. Kinda interesting if that tailgate is gonna hold up under the weight of a Big B, but nothing a little reinforcement can't fix. I see a pretty nice firewood stockpile in the background, too. Lotta work waiting to be done there.

angrymatt

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Sep 4, 2020
NH
Dat's some big ol' fat turfies on dat tractor!

I'm diggin on the dovetail trailer too. Kinda interesting if that tailgate is gonna hold up under the weight of a Big B, but nothing a little reinforcement can't fix. I see a pretty nice firewood stockpile in the background, too. Lotta work waiting to be done there.
Yeah those tires look like balloons! Believe it or not the ramps dont even flex and those tires are loaded plus a loaded heavy hitch. The ramps are made out of rugged square tubing (1x2 i think) instead of angle iron. Ive got a set of ramps rated at 12k i need to use if there is something on the back of the tractor. That pile is just whats remaining. Trying to wait on the grapple but that plan isnt going so well. Lol.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
This is what it looked like beforehand. No material has been added yet. Next week. I was just getting things to flow a little better with the blade after the tree company made a disaster of it.

General grade was not too bad. Just needed to be smoothed out. There are a few pronounced high spots that are raised a bit with large 4-6 roots and big stumps. We are going to add some fill, and top with 4" of screened topsoil. There will be some settling over time but we're not going for golf course, just green. prob looking at 200 tons of material coming. Shoulda got 2650 :ROFLMAO:

But, if you had a bigger tractor, you'd finish quicker and be needing a new project sooner.

That's pretty much the same kinda stuff I'm scratching out and removing, but what I have is a lot thicker. And I mean A LOT THICKER, on much rougher terrain. There are also three rather deep ditches to contend with that drain the whole neighborhood. About half the tops are laced together with muscadine/scuppernong vines (wild ones), or completely wrapped in poison ivy (I'm not allergic [yet]). Tons and tons of useless underbrush too small for firewood, and what can be is crap stuff that won't burn unless you use propane under it (defeating the whole purpose). This house was built in 1975, and I think the timber was cut a few years before that off the entire parcel that was divided into lots for this neighborhood. No one before me was interested in trying to landscape or use the property, so it's been feral 50+ years. Imagine the mess after all the storms that topple shallow root trees and pestilence (beetles) that takes out pines in dryer times.

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Hooked up the disk and cut in the oats in the garden. Ready to run the rows soon as the rain gets out of here.

My over wintered taters should peak out soon.

Asparagus is coming up, time to start cutting it.

angrymatt

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Sep 4, 2020
NH

That came out looking great! That was a lot of work.

hope to float

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450
Feb 18, 2018
Ireland
Learned yesterday (the hard way) why the BB1260 would be so much better behind the LX2610SU. Getting into corners and close to tight spaces is next to impossible when your tires are wider than the blade. It's nigh on impossible to widen a dig because the tires have to ride on the edge and tilt the tractor. I should have paid closer attention when the dealer made the BB1248 part of my package. Wouldn't have cost more than about a hundred bucks more to have the 1260. So, I gotta learn better digging techniques with the bucket to make up for the narrow BB, or get a wider BB and sell this one to someone with a smaller tractor. I'm having NO problems ripping 3 inch roots out of the ground with the BB1248 behind the LX, so I figure a BB1260 won't be much more of a problem. More rippers might be just what the doctor ordered.

Here's what yesterday's progress on the new shed looks like this morning. View attachment 57255
I have a swimming pool instead. That was all dry (well, sort of) last night at dinner time. I do like what I see with how the water's standing, other than the fact the water is standing. Says I've done a lot of dirt moving and I'm headed in the right direction. I lowered the corner nearest the tractor about 8 inches, pushed to the back, and then packed it. Did this in about an hour just by eyeballing it from the seat. still need to raise the back edge about 6 more inches and then I'll fill in with 8910 fines before forming. The slope was nearly a 16 inch fall front to back.
Nothing wrong with a slope to the door. Makes power washing possible

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Used the box blade to level off the driveway. It turned out well but we're going to have a lot of rain this weekend so I don't expect it to hold up for very long.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
What I did today, can't hold a candle to the work that others have been doing with their tractors. I changed the bulbs in my directional lamps from incandescent to LED's. First picture is the comparison of the incandescent to the LED... Second picture is both LED's. The front bulbs are 1157, and the rears, which haven't been delivered yet are 1156 bulbs. I got these on eBay and the specification for them " 2 Amber 1157 BAY15D LED 144 SMD Canbus No Error P21/5W Car Brake Reverse Lamp Tail Light Bulb." $10 for the pair with free shipping. I found the rears 4 pieces for $13.99 with free shipping.

Attachments