What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Aluthin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6000
Aug 7, 2015
United Kingdom

Only had my b6000 for a week and today tackled the fuel filter..... looks like it still has the original in.... new one on order.... luckily all o rings are in good condition.... have ordered the inline filter too.... will be cleaning the system for sure.... can't complain got it for a song... and loving every minute working on it.... thanks to OTT what a great forum and help it has been....

Aluthin :)

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Aluthin,

WELCOME!!! :D

More pics when you get a chance!!!

ItsAndy

Equipment
B6100E, M300 Howse, Woods RM400
Jul 27, 2015
East of Coon Bottom
Brakes today. 55 minutes just on removing and replacing the wheels. 35 minutes to remove and replace the fenders and brakes. That includes a good cleaning. The tires were filled with ballast! What a chore! Total time was 90 minutes.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Aluthin,

What a lucky find! I am thinking that in a year or two you are going to have that little beasty all painted and tricked out. Its truly sad when someone casts out a nice machine like that and lets Mother Nature do its work. My L3800 was left out for 8 months before I got it and the FEL arms are sun faded. Fortunately no corrosion thanks to Arizona weather.

Is there any wire or string left in England? If not, its all wound around your tiller tines. :)

That fuel filter housing looks like it has "gel" in it which is a sign some of that moisture got into the fuel system. Hope not.

Good on you. Keep us posted.

Ray

Skip44

Equipment
Jeeps, L2900, FEL, tiller, brush hog,post hole drill, rock rake
Feb 19, 2014
Alexander, Maine
Well I haven't been here in a while but I have been using my tractor. Sometimes life just gets in the way of doing things you enjoy. Hopefully I'll be here more often now. My grandson has autism and you never know what he will connect with, well he loves the tractor.

Skip

Attachments

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
Well I haven't been here in a while but I have been using my tractor. Sometimes life just gets in the way of doing things you enjoy. Hopefully I'll be here more often now. My grandson has autism and you never know what he will connect with, well he loves the tractor.

Skip
Autism is a tough one, glad he's found something in tractors! More power to you my friend, God Bless.

Black Dog Chainsaw

Aug 19, 2015
Indianola IA
Hey guys,
First post here. I picked up my new to me L2900 this last weekend and had fun running around our 12.5acres of mostly wooded timber. I know everyone always likes pics...

Got a pretty good deal. L2900gst with 481 loader, Landpride blade, fimco 60gal sprayer with wand, booms, and pto pump, John Deere 513 brush cutter, and new tire chains... 2048hrs for $10k

As for work of the day... I'm ordering a new taillight and bolts for the rops. Anyone know what the thread size is? I'll need to buy a tap to clean the axle threads out before installing??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sstrac

Equipment
M9000 Tractor, JBar 7' Rotary Cutter
Jun 3, 2015
berryville, ar US
Bought some new rear tires and had someone to come out and install them. Nice to have tread again. Was almost dark but had to get them dirty!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aluthin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6000
Aug 7, 2015
United Kingdom

Yesterday - Repaired my Headlight holders. The original positive connection in the holder had disintegrated. widened the hole in the non-conductive disc and put my smallest pop rivet through it. Then I soldered a new positive wire onto the back of the rivet. re-assembled and eureka we have light.... saved £30 a light fitting.

Next I replaced the fuel filters, bled the system.... cleaned the air filter and bath, drained the engine oil, cleaned the oil filter foil and magnet and replaced and refilled.....

started the tractor :) and promptly went and moved half a tonne of bricks for my dad.

Today: new grill material arrived, cut it to size, cleaned up the old grill bottom and checked it on the tractor for size and fit... now just have to weld it altogether, but dads welder seems to be faulty :( will try again tomorrow.

redfernclan

Jul 18, 2014
Sweet home, Oregon
Digging a 70 ft curtain drain from the shop. We haven't had rain in a long time so it's hard digging. Forgot about the conduit running out to the street light for the kids buss stop so I need to pull new wire now. :( At least the conduit is still good.

mikes1165

Equipment
L3901DT, LA525FL, King Kutter 6' finishing mower, 5' Bush Hog Squealer,Box blade
Jul 30, 2015
Mulga
bush hogged 3 pastures, then it started raining.

Black Dog Chainsaw

Aug 19, 2015
Indianola IA
Nice guys, I have a rear tail light coming and the 14x1.5 roll bar bolts but think I'll have to drill and re-tap bigger since they are 1/2 stripped and rusted away.

After that I gotta do some 3point work that was neglected by PO and then add some LED lighting. The head lights on a L2900 are so dim!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikes1165

Equipment
L3901DT, LA525FL, King Kutter 6' finishing mower, 5' Bush Hog Squealer,Box blade
Jul 30, 2015
Mulga
Welded on my bucket hay spear mount I'm making.. Should finish it tomorrow and will post pics.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Used my l3400 to get this heavy shed leveled and facing the right way
View attachment 17824
View attachment 17825
I really hope you don't get in any trouble for having a RR equipment shed on your place, they normally frown on anyone owning there equipment, even old and used. ;)
And I'm jealous, those would make really good strong sheds!

Last edited: