What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

RIDETOEAT

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4600, LA764, LP Blade,
Dec 26, 2014
Southern Indiana
Mine is just named Boata, kind of a blend of boat which I have had and done my entire life and Kubota. I ordered a FEL bucket roll indicator rod kit from the dealer and Evaluated pulling the floor board for Line-X which looks as simple as can be and will be done soon. I also picked up some proper 7/8" hitch pins for the bottom of the HF quick Hitch and found my 7/8" drill bit so I can open the holes up for the proper pins. I find it retarded that they sell you a Cat 1 QH setup with 3/4" pins where 7/8" should be on every Cat 1. I have a GREAT dealer in "Browns Implement " in Moorefield In. I also ordered a WSM this week.

redfernclan

Jul 18, 2014
Sweet home, Oregon
I pulled the front bucket off. I am going to weld wear strips to the bottom of the bucket where all of the paint is gone from back bladeing. I may never wear it out, but it's a whole lot easier to weld wear strips on when the metal isn't worn thin. Just a little preventative modification.

aerosport

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with loader
Dec 27, 2014
Charleston, IL
B2400 Hazard Unit replaced with automotive flasher???

I have a B2400HSD. The hazard unit (KUBOTA HAZARD UNIT (PART#: 6C040-55520) has died... it just buzzes and flashes intermittently if I tap on the little black box. I priced this part at Kubota and it is almost $50 with shipping.

So, today I bought a stock two prong (turn signal) flasher at the local Rural King for $4.00, and wired it to the harness. It works. The original harness has three contacts, I hooked up one prong to positive voltage, and the other prong to one of the other two contacts, leaving the other contact in the harness empty. The switch works in both positions, and the lights flash normally.

Here is my question: I know that the original Kubota part is more sophisticated. It has a printed circuit board, etc. The little "can" flasher unit is a standard car part and is basically a mechanical bimetallic contact strip. Does anyone know if there is any reason why my "solution" would damage any other part in the electrical system of my tractor?
Thanks,

RIDETOEAT

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4600, LA764, LP Blade,
Dec 26, 2014
Southern Indiana
ridetoeat do you have a part number for the "roll indicator kit"
Sorry i do not, he just ordered it out of his kubota book for me, if can wait for a few days before you want to order it, PM me when you get a chance and I will send it to you when it comes in. Surly will be on a box of some kind. Might be easier than finding this thread again and you remembering to do the same.

GaryL

Equipment
2003 BX2200 - loader, mower, blower, grss collection system
Nov 22, 2014
Holden, MA
Re: B2400 Hazard Unit replaced with automotive flasher???

I have a B2400HSD. The hazard unit (KUBOTA HAZARD UNIT (PART#: 6C040-55520) has died... it just buzzes and flashes intermittently if I tap on the little black box. I priced this part at Kubota and it is almost $50 with shipping.

Here is my question: I know that the original Kubota part is more sophisticated. It has a printed circuit board, etc. The little "can" flasher unit is a standard car part and is basically a mechanical bimetallic contact strip. Does anyone know if there is any reason why my "solution" would damage any other part in the electrical system of my tractor?
Thanks,
I would imagine that the circuit board is just a controller for the blinker override system on the hazards. I couldn't see why it would damage anything. 12v is 12v. Add turn signal 12v to the existing hazard 12v will still be the same 12v. probably won't blink correctly with the blinkers on though, but only testing will prove that.

aerosport

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with loader
Dec 27, 2014
Charleston, IL

I would imagine that the circuit board is just a controller for the blinker override system on the hazards. I couldn't see why it would damage anything. 12v is 12v. Add turn signal 12v to the existing hazard 12v will still be the same 12v. probably won't blink correctly with the blinkers on though, but only testing will prove that.
Gary, Thanks for commenting on my post/question.
Help me clarify your response: The hazards flash/blink like they did before the Kubota unit died. My B2400 has a 2 position hazard switch, and both positions do the same thing (by design--I don't quite understand why Kubota designed the switch that way, but they did). There is no "turn signal" blinker function if that is what you mean. I am not sure what you meant by "...probably won't blink correctly with the blinkers on though..." since the hazards do flash correctly with the cheap flasher unit wired in.
Thanks so much for responding to my question.
Roger

RIDETOEAT

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4600, LA764, LP Blade,
Dec 26, 2014
Southern Indiana

Help me clarify your response: The hazards flash/blink like they did before the Kubota unit died. My B2400 has a 2 position hazard switch, and both positions do the same thing (by design--I don't quite understand why Kubota designed the switch that way, but they did). There is no "turn signal" blinker function if that is what you mean. I am not sure what you meant by "...probably won't blink correctly with the blinkers on though..." since the hazards do flash correctly with the cheap flasher unit wired in.
Roger
I think !! ( dangerous I know )he is thinking that the two positions that it does the same thing could be left and right turn signals if all was back to original. ?? it is what I am think anyway. Just guessing though.

Skip44

Equipment
Jeeps, L2900, FEL, tiller, brush hog,post hole drill, rock rake
Feb 19, 2014
Alexander, Maine
Mine is just named Boata, kind of a blend of boat which I have had and done my entire life and Kubota. I ordered a FEL bucket roll indicator rod kit from the dealer and Evaluated pulling the floor board for Line-X which looks as simple as can be and will be done soon. I also picked up some proper 7/8" hitch pins for the bottom of the HF quick Hitch and found my 7/8" drill bit so I can open the holes up for the proper pins. I find it retarded that they sell you a Cat 1 QH setup with 3/4" pins where 7/8" should be on every Cat 1. I have a GREAT dealer in "Browns Implement " in Moorefield In. I also ordered a WSM this week.
I have not used Line-x, I have used Upol Raptor a number of times. I have found it easy to use and clean up works great on my Jeeps.

Skip

aerosport

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with loader
Dec 27, 2014
Charleston, IL

I think !! ( dangerous I know )he is thinking that the two positions that it does the same thing could be left and right turn signals if all was back to original. ?? it is what I am think anyway. Just guessing though.
Actually, your "thinking" makes all the sense in the world. The Hazard switch has an up and down position, just like a turn signal switch. But the B2400 factory manual clearly states that both positions turn the hazard lights on, and nowhere in the manual does it suggest that there are turn signals.

It is a really weird setup. My guess is that they probably use the same switch in a setup on another model of Kubota that has both turn signals and hazard lights, and it is probably just cheaper to use the same two position switch and wire it up only as a hazard flasher.

When I bought the tractor (used) I told the dealer that my "turn signal switch doesn't work--it flashes both sides"). The service manager told me that is the quirk of the B2400. No turn signals, but a hazard switch that works in two positions.

I just want to be sure that replacing the "Hazard Unit" with a simple thermal type flasher doesn't have any negative side effects... like frying my wiring or burning up my tractor.

I really appreciate your input. I am surprised there hasn't been more chat online about this "hazard unit" considering how much Kubota charges for something that ONLY flashes your hazard lights. Anyway, my shade tree mechanic skills have left me with hazard lights that work the way they should, for just 4 bucks instead of almost 50 bucks. It is a good deal if I don't mess some other on board electronics up by doing this.

Thanks for your time and your insight.
Roger

GaryL

Equipment
2003 BX2200 - loader, mower, blower, grss collection system
Nov 22, 2014
Holden, MA

Roger
I thought Kubota used the same system on most of their tractors, but apparently not. I have a hazard switch which blinks the hazards. I have a turn signal switch which turns left or right blinkers. When hazards are on, the circuit board overides the hazards and solids one side while blinking the other for the turn signal. Seems like you are working for the way yours is designed to be then. Always good saving money.

Alexisferos

Equipment
L-1501 DT
Oct 24, 2013
Greece
we went to till a garden and the ground was very muddy but the small beast continues to amaze me every time.
no mud can hold it down.

a far away photo but you can see the mud in the depth wheels.

Attachments

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2620, fel, RB1560, Piranha Tooth Bar
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA
In the north country there is a term for spring thaw, obviously "Mud Time" and just a little south it is called Palouse juice. In my youth we went and got stuck for the fun of it. You have to love it Wolfman. and when certain friends visit "hang on Nellie we are headed for the rhubarb"!
okay not orange but does this count?

Attachments

Last edited: