What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

L35

Equipment
L35/TL720/BT900/York rake/Valby chipper
Jun 13, 2010
CT
Cleaned up some remaining snow. Next time we get 1’+, the BH needs to be on. A lot of traction issues without the rear weight.

1608305165285.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
^^^ I did the same using my EA back blade. The #1 critic told me yesterday that I didn't make the plowing wide enough :(

Using the offset I was able to really widen it today. It's a good day to do it as the temps now are just above freezing so a lot of the driveway will be down to the gravel.

I have to say the 1st and only things I have purchased from Duluth
Trading Co (on holiday discounts) were a really nice insulated jacket and pants. Today I didn't bother putting my insulated bib overalls on and was really comfortable in them.

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
As promised, a few pics.
They don't do justice to the scale of snow depth when you are actually standing in it.
1- Shot through the french door, it is 37 inches to the center of the door knob and the deck is at least and inch below the house floor.
2- Looking back at the house, and where the aforementioned deck resides
3- Standing on the front porch looking towards the shop
4- Looking at the house from the shop
5- Looking up the driveway
6- Fueling up with the HF battery pump...it failed moments after the pic was taken

No pic of the barn damage, but I did cob it all back together and got busy with cleanup and didn't get the chains on. There's always tomorrow:)

Attachments

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I filled the BX back up with fuel after yesterday’s snow work.

Took about 3+ gallons to top it off. That’s probably the most fuel I’ve run through it in a day.

That thing did a lot of work on just 3 gallons of diesel.

Reactions: 1 users

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
I finished installing my orange colored homemade "Pope Mobile" cab. :LOL:Lights, heater, and controls all hooked up. Detail cleaned the cab's operator station and installed my winter front covers. Greased all fittings & blower driveshaft, checked the gear box and oiled the chain. Snow pusher blade is on blocks and sits ready to go. Even cleaned the windows! We haven't even had enough snow to pack the gravel down with but at least everything is ready now.
Orange PopeMobile Cab installed.jpg Winter Front Covers.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
The new Thumb got used today:
IMG_8786.JPG

This Eastern Red Cedar log looks big because it is. That is a 26" top end. A neighbor had given this tree/log to me several months ago but it was still standing. The power company crew dropped it today so now the log is in my back yard waiting for me to sawmill it after I decide what it needs to be.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Nice rig and results. What type of tire chains are you using and how do they work preventing side slippage?
Frank - sorry it took a while to get back.

My chains were ordered from my local hardware store, but many use www.tirechains.com. They're simple 2-link ladder chains.

They do help with sliding sideways for the rears. I cannot function without them in the winter. I have a set for the fronts, but haven't put them on yet. My fronts do slide quite a bit also.

I don't need them outside snowblower work.

Sometimes, I do slide in the summer months on steep ground without them on.

That manageable for me.

Last edited:

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Oddly enough there still isn't any snow here but I picked up my pallet forks that I had a SSQA bracket welded on to it and had some hooks added to the loader bucket. I also went to the dealer to pick up a grapple but they had none in stock. Could be another six weeks before it comes in.

gmbc

Equipment
B2650HSDC ,bucket, Forks, Front Snow blower, MMM, Tiller, Land Rake
Mar 11, 2016
Dundurn, Saskatchewan, Canada
Had to troubleshoot tractor stalled and no start. The treadle pedal switch is bad. Got bypassed for now till order replacement. Cleared some snow with bucket. Moved wagon seat from pallet to wagon. Removed loader and installed snowblower. Cleared snow with blower.
Whew

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I had to get the Zero Turn out yesterday and mow the lawn. Hopefully maybe one more time and I can park it for the Winter.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
We did more brush and tree cleaning.
20201219_115335.jpg

20201219_115111.jpg

20201219_122557.jpg

Roosters2250

Equipment
L2250
Dec 19, 2020
Reedley, California
Im helping a friend with his l2250.. It was free to him by me asking about it. I recycle pallets and my motto is the phrase that it never hurts to ask. I have seen this kubota l2250 sitting still in a corner of a fenced lot where I get pallets from. The previous owner said that it ran and but when other machines needed bolts it was starting to get stripped.
So I got it for free and I am trying to help my friend who isn't the most mechanically capable person .

Reactions: 3 users

gmbc

Equipment
B2650HSDC ,bucket, Forks, Front Snow blower, MMM, Tiller, Land Rake
Mar 11, 2016
Dundurn, Saskatchewan, Canada
Today I decided to remove the treadle pedal switch in preparation for new one. while I had it out I decided to check it and now it works fine. I used a multrimeter and checks out good. No more blowing the fuse. Installed back into the tractor if goes will have to replace it. Maybe intermittent issue just seems weird. Oh well that is how it goes. Greased her up and also noticed that there is a small hydraulic type cylinder for the pedals may be for centering assit?? =It seems to be seeping oil will have to look into getting one. PITA to change for sure. Guess will just have to clean her up now and wait for more snow :LOL:

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
Pushed and piled the snow banks back as far as possible from around the shop and house
in preparation for the predicted [hah] rain event that is headed our way.
One year we had accumulated a large frozen snowpack that was piled high against
the outside wall of the shop.
It rained hard one night and that snowpack funneled the rain into the shop at the wall shoe level
and put a couple of inches of water over the entire shop floor😔
I keep them cleared out now.

BX23S-1

May 29, 2017
No where Special
Pushed and piled the snow banks back as far as possible from around the shop and house
in preparation for the predicted [hah] rain event that is headed our way.
One year we had accumulated a large frozen snowpack that was piled high against
the outside wall of the shop.
It rained hard one night and that snowpack funneled the rain into the shop at the wall shoe level
and put a couple of inches of water over the entire shop floor😔
I keep them cleared out now.
Been there an done that when we had our new shop built. Now we keep all snow cleared away from the shop.