What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Burt

Equipment
L3700SU, box blade, 6 foot rhino blade, 1 bottom plow, 3 point receiver hitch.
Mar 24, 2012
Goldendale, WA USA
We got firewood! Big time! Neighbor 1/4 mile away had cleared out some very large old Oak trees. He asked if I wanted the firewood. I spent one day cutting into logs and then pulled our trailer with the 4WD truck into the field, staging it for loading. Then, drove the L3700SU over and out into the field. It loaded everything neatly and easily for us. Then, we moved some more of the larger logs on top of each other. We drove the tractor and trailer back, unloaded (using the loader), came back, cut up the rest, loaded it and took it back. Unloaded using the loader again.

Sure does save your back!

Like they say about firewood. It warms you several times.

Burt, Laura the White Tornado and Buddy the Wonder Dog:)

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
I think you guys are rubbing off on me. I washed and "WAXED" her today :D

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yeah Burt it do,, but what better way to waste a day than playing with chainsaws and tractors :D

luc1253

Equipment
mowers forklift rtvs
Mar 27, 2013
Falher Alberta Canada
I pushed snow all day with my R420 forklift cleaned culverts made ditches expecting major flooding this spring with thick snow pack . my Kubota ran good all day , forklift has multi attachments , I move beehives with it on pallets, has a snow blade 3 foot trencher, grapple for trees and stumps , post hole digger, and has a backhoe attachment for back .

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I'd like to see pictures of a forklift that can do that. Down here in the U.S this is what a forklift looks like and pretty much does one job. lifting and moving pallets of stuff.

freewheel3

Equipment
MX5000DT LA852, BX1800D, B6000DT, B6200HSTD, B7100HSTD, L185, T1700HX, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2013
Alberta
Heres a couple pics I found on the net. I know a guy that has one of these, he uses it for everything. Its very versatile and there are lots of attachments available.

Attachments

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Yep I was confused on that one. Down here and on Kubotas website they are known as wheel loaders, some even call them articulated loaders.

orangemen1

Equipment
t1770/t2740
Jan 28, 2012
marlboro Mass
I mounted a linear actuator on the snowblower, took delivery in early

Jam. first chance i got was today, tomorrow if the weather holds

i'll wire it up. I took it off the tractor i traded. We had some pretty

good snow storms, missed the actuator, but nice to have a diesel.

Blkvoodoo

Equipment
B2400, LA352, RC60, Cammond Box Blade
Mar 27, 2010
Zebulon NC
replaced the caster wheel stays, new wheels, new bushings, sharpened the blades then commenced mowing the onions.

this was after replacing the rear driveshaft in my 4Runner AGAIN, one day I'll find some place that actually cares and does a decent job on rebuild....... ( sorry, had to vent )

fogobum

Equipment
B2920
Mar 30, 2013
Seattle, WA USA
I did an Evil Thing. I have a beat-up old utilility trailer for use with the tractor (it's a beat-up old utility trailer because I _did_ use it with the tractor, and several trees re-arranged the lights). I had a bunch of scrub I needed to move. I hooked the safety chains together and grabbed them with the backhoe, so I could haul the trailer and use the backhoe to load and unload the trailer. OSHA would disapprove. I will likely do it again.

Eventually, I'll figure out how to hang a hitch off the back wrist of the backhoe. Or, I'll rig something out of wood that the backhoe can grab easily, so I don't have to get off the tractor to pick up the trailer.

Blkvoodoo

Equipment
B2400, LA352, RC60, Cammond Box Blade
Mar 27, 2010
Zebulon NC
truck has 180k on it, original driveshaft worn out due to joint caps spinning in yokes.

the shaft has a double cardan CV joint on one end and a slip yoke on the other, bought a shaft from salvage yard, took to driveshaft shop to have rebuilt and balanced.

first shop ( 130 miles away ) said the CV end was worn and replaced it with another, had a small vibe @ 70, but very livable, lasted 2yrs or approx 10k miles ( I don't drive the truck much ) pulling 3500lb camper, and then it spit a cap.

next driveshaft shop ( 20 miles away ) rebuilt it again, caught that the end wasn't straight, cut and rewelded, replaced all joints and center pivot ball in CV joint. returned to me, it wasn't straight, I returned it, they reworked it again, I installed it Friday drove into town, on the way home it spit a cap at 55mph ( that was exciting ) no vibe up til that point.

put the original shaft back in the truck, it works, but it has vibes and the whole point was to get rid of the vibes and not have to worry about it while towing camper.

just frustraiting more than anything, on top of all the other crap to fret about

Last edited:

Burt

Equipment
L3700SU, box blade, 6 foot rhino blade, 1 bottom plow, 3 point receiver hitch.
Mar 24, 2012
Goldendale, WA USA
Well, I followed Kubota Man's example of a few days ago. The weather is nice here and so I pulled out the Kubota, washed it real good. Trouble is, I couldn't find any tractor wax at the dealer or any windshield washer fluid for it.

It sure is shiny though.

Then I washed our truck and the ATV but the Kubota got washed first.

Burt

Gundoctor

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota M7040 4x4/ BX2230 4x4/ JD MX 8/ Ford 101 Moldboard 3 bottom Plows -
It was a great Easter day. The temp. hit 52' so I took the Snow Plow off my M7040 and put the Forts on. Then took the Snow Blower off the L3400 this after noon. If that doesn"t make it again I will see.

David Pidgeon

New Haven, Vermont

Attachments

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Been building fence for about a week now. Got the PHD on the 3000 drilling holes and planting some cedar corner post. Clearing brush with the forks and carrying fence post where they are needed. All I can say for sure is my back hurts and my arms feel like jello. Hot shower, cold beer and get ready to do it all over again tomorrow.

Al/Lindley

Jan 26, 2013
Lindley New York
I changes two of the pins and bushings in the font loader arms of my L35. Also I bought the dealer cables for the battery and replaced them. Previous owner had some NAPA cables that were way too long onit for cables.