What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Trimley

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23SLSB-R-1 plus additions
Jul 25, 2023
PNW-WA
Last mowing of the season was today. Wet wet WET. Tractor got washed, deck removed, cleaned and stored, FEL put on its new cart and all implements rolled out of the way.

Snow Plow and Box Blade installed. House and property ready for Winter. Bring on the snow baby!!

Reactions: 2 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Took the loader off for the first time. Probably was over thinking it so it took a whopping 3 minutes

20231029_140443.jpg

It's going to the dealer for a recall campaign. Something to do with exhaust fumes getting in the cab. I never noticed fumes but it's getting done because I dont want to go for a dirt nap using it. I'll post a number for it when I see the paperwork. While it's there they are going to install the K-Connect and front blower.

Reactions: 4 users

Bearcatrp

Equipment
BX1880
Mar 28, 2023
Minnesota
Put gel additive in a few days ago. Today I fired it up and drove it around to slosh the fuel around in hopes some got into the fuel line. Tested one hand operation since shoulder surgery has me gimping it. Worked fairly well. Just takes a little more time to do things. Hoping snow holds off a month so i'll be a month into rehab to use my right arm.

Reactions: 3 users

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Took off the FEL and put a ball on drawbar so I can pull trailer full of kids on Halloween.

IMG_2023-10-29-175944.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Couple of small jobs today that would have probably taken a good bit longer but for the Piranha toothbar and hydraulic top/tilt on the 3 point.
IMG_1391.jpeg
IMG_1394.jpeg

Leveled off a little spot for a ground blind. Started with the box scrape but it was hitting roots longways and just wanted to slide down them without digging in. The Pirahna sliced through the roots and dry clay like a cold knife through cold butter. Took some pressure but made a crisp, clean cut roots and all.
IMG_1409.jpeg
Toward the middle of the sewer line, which we mow a couple times a year and use as a de facto trail, we have this mildly irritating short stretch that’s maybe 60 or 70 feet long. You have to cross the slope sideways, which is no problem if it’s dry. If it’s wet, the Mule crab walks it in 4WD so best to hit that spot going about 20 to 25 mph so by the time you’ve slid halfway down the slope your past the steepest part. Only reasons to go through it with the tractor is to mow it, which would only be when sufficiently dry, or to recover a deer, in which case I’ll just crab the tractor through it same as the Mule, albeit a bit slower, and to heck with tearing up the hill. Bottom of the slope is a creek just past a briar patch and about 40’ strip of trees; top of the slope… maybe we’ll have a road up there someday but that’s a bigger long term project. Today it was dry as dust, I was there, the tractor was there with box scrape and loader, so I decided to take a flyer on flattening out a dirt path through the slopiest of the slope. Some dude working on the sewer tore the area all to pieces earlier this year sliding all over it with a CTL. I had already smoothed up that damage about a month ago but it was a bit too wet to do something this controlled then as there was a bit too much spinning and sliding in the wet.

Anyway, I’d never tried to use a box blade on an area covered in grass and weeds. Blade cut the grass nicely… for about 4’; at which point it plugged up with a ball of grass. I’m pretty dumb so I had to do that three times in a row before diverting to the Plan B I didn’t have. Disc harrow came to mind first, but that’s behind about 50 big heavy things in the shed and the Pirahna was riding around on the front of the tractor relaxing after it’s earlier 30 seconds in the spotlight. With one small exception attributable to operator error, was able to surgically shave off the grass/native fauna and relocate it to a nearby hole. Underlying clay was so hard, actually used the rippers for the first couple passes after the grass was gone. I’m reasonably confident I’ll be touching this up every few rains for a bit until it stabilizes. Will keep an eye on how/if it washes and may put a ditch on the uphill side if needed. But there’s also a decent chance I nicked a Sweet Gum root in there somewhere. If I did, I’ll have it stabilized by at least 4,572 tiny Sweet Gum saplings by lunchtime tomorrow.
IMG_1407.jpeg

Top/tilt earned its keep on this one, particularly tilt. Only had to adjust it about 24 times. But it was easy: just start the run with the tractor listing off to X degrees, tilt the blade until it looks level, proceed forward while keeping the blade level as the angle of the slope changes, flatten and raise slightly to disperse dirt toward the end of the pass. Repeat until it’s an acceptable pig path fit for a Kawasaki Mule and/or a small tractor. Turning a turnbuckle would have been a quite slow process (BTDT).

Had to cross both creeks to get to the sewer line, so cleaned up those crossings a little on the way by.

Reactions: 8 users

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Have you ever considered buying a grille guard?
Yes I've been putting it off, which is a mistake. I don't have a grapple but I do move wood with my forks.

Reactions: 1 user

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Headed to the dealer for a recall campaign and for K-Connect and front blower install.
20231031_073147.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Not that I use it at night, but I decided to do the $20 upgrade to LED headlights.
Too bad Kubota cheaped out on doing this themselves. I did mine a couple weeks ago and think they will be beneficial with the front blower.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Put air in the tires. One front was 13 psi and increased to 22. The other was still at 22 from the summer. Rear tires were 12 & 13 respectively, and I increased them to 20. Th inflation numbers were in very small print, and had to just about lay on my side to read them!

RMS

Equipment
LX2610HSDC, RCR1260, PFL1242, LX2963, RB1684, WC-68 Chipper,Flail Mower
Sep 26, 2021
Buckfield Maine
Too bad Kubota cheaped out on doing this themselves. I did mine a couple weeks ago and think they will be beneficial with the front blower.
I put led's in my lx2610 and they didn't really help with the blower. Your front work lights are your friend using the blower.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
I put led's in my lx2610 and they didn't really help with the blower. Your front work lights are your friend using the blower.
well then, they will match the worklights😄

John D 2

Equipment
B2601 54inch MMM, carry all, boom pole, fertilizer spreader.
Jun 6, 2023
Texas
The instrument panel lamps on the B 2601 needs an LED upgrade.

Depending on the difficulty, I'm going to replace them with some LEDs.

There are 9 bulbs in there.