What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

UnEasyRider

Equipment
L3302 LA 526 loader, Box Scraper, Grappler, Forks, Rotary mower, Big Tool Rack.
Apr 14, 2023
Florida
View attachment 112395 Dropped the BH and as I started to put 3PH on I thought I’d drill out the drawbar so a 1” Clevis will fit. I think Kubota needs to step up and do this at the factory. Tried a 1” bit in pops ole’ trusty drill press - man is that some hard steel. Switched to a step drill which would have been 1-1/8”. No luck there either. Drank a couple liquid brain improvers, smoked the bit and squealed the press. Gave up gonna take it to fab guy.

Still a positive as I didn’t start a fire.

View attachment 112396

View attachment 112397

View attachment 112398
"Liquid brain improvers"...blahahahaha!

Reactions: 4 users

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
IMG_4664.JPG

I am still enjoying/appreciating the 50 gallon Diesel transfer tank that I added last year. It's no problem to dump a couple of 5 gallon jugs into it when the payback is not having to lift them up and onto the tractor hood.
IMG_4667.JPG

The M4900 and 3008 Bush Hog doing their job.
IMG_4668.JPG

Pulling the single tooth subsoiler through and hoping for some rain/moisture. I need to disc and plant abound mid-October.

We have not had any measurable rain since May. :(

Reactions: 7 users

Siesta Sundance

Equipment
L305DT, MX 5200, SVL 75-2, (Sold M7060))
Oct 23, 2022
youtube.com
View attachment 112544
I am still enjoying/appreciating the 50 gallon Diesel transfer tank that I added last year. It's no problem to dump a couple of 5 gallon jugs into it when the payback is not having to lift them up and onto the tractor hood.
View attachment 112546
View attachment 112547
Pulling the single tooth subsoiler through and hoping for some rain/moisture. I need to disc and plant abound mid-October.

Oh I know, everyone needs rain!!!!!
It's becoming a desert here, I probably should start a Tequila farm, cull off the cattle and begin planting blue agave plants/Cactus.

2 weeks ago, I planted 8 acres with Bermuda grass seed cause we had like 5+ forecasted days of some good rain potential, NEVER received a drop, most likely $600 wasted.

I've had the cows on hay since July, I bought 10 months worth of hay in June, I anticipated a very dry summer/fall with seeing the summer starting off with June temperatures 9 degrees above normal. I'm going to disc up another atleast another 8 to 10 acres, I want my soil to absorb as much moisture as it can if we will ever get the rain. The agricultural termites have pretty much eaten up all the native grass forage, it's unreal. I'm just glad I started over with a new and younger herd(1 bull, 6 cows) this year, and with 6 less cows compared to last year.

Even the damn barometer bush became a liar, it can't even get the weather right, never received a drop after making this video. It did rain about 1in approx 3 miles west of me that next day after the video.

Reactions: 1 users

hoot owl

Equipment
L2501 with loader and backhoe
Nov 13, 2022
Yesterday was the a busy and fun day. My son picked up 2 more mowing jobs that have not bin touched all summer. The city was going to fine the owners because the grass was so tall. He wanted to use the tractor and bushhog.
He was going to drive a half hour out here to get it and have to bring it back. On The way home from church I thought I need to mow the bee yards one more time why not just do it the same day and saves him a trip out here.
I mowed the 2 locations that needed mowed and the field we are trying to clean up at the church. I was finished before he was planning to pick up the tractor. He was going to load it back on the trailer to drive 1/4 mile to the first job and another 1/4 mile to the second one. I told him just put it in high gear and drive it down the road. He did not like that idea until I reminded him that that bright ORANGE tractor, FEL and bush hog are a lot easer to see than the ATV he drives for the city.
He is in the sewer department and is using a VERY expensive camera to map all of the sewer lines. because a lot of them are not correct on the map.
Just before he left I was getting ready to drop the trailer to go to the bank and he walks over and hands me the keys to his car??? He has a NEW 2023 Dodge Challenger that is a limited edition that he parks way out buy it's self even at church and he is letting me drive it. In my younger days I built several street race cars so this brought back a lot of memories. It is very nice but I had trouble getting out of it. These joints don't flex as good any more.
Got home with the tractor and it took me a half hour to get the bush hog off and another half hour to put the backhoe on.
No pictures, but I will try to remember to take some when I rebuild the well pit in to a well house next week. I am 1/4 of the way through replacing all of the windows and siding on our house this HOT fall, first. Time to start removing siding on the front wall.

Reactions: 3 users

g_man

Equipment
L3010DT, M5640SUD, Dresser TD7G
Feb 3, 2023
NE Vermont
View attachment 112544
View attachment 112546
View attachment 112547

MagicMan, do you put algaecide or other treatment in your tank. Seems like a good idea to have more than 5 or 10 gallons of fuel around. Never know when you will need it with the unpredictable weather lately.

gg

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Spreading some topsoil between our two lots. There is a dip from the field being farmed so I'm leveling it off.

20230926_145831.jpg

20230926_145941.jpg
20230926_151503.jpg

And I hit 250 hours at 17 months of ownership.
20230926_164628.jpg

Reactions: 11 users

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
Added sliding links to replace the turn buckles on my BX23 3PT lift arms :)

IMG_3619.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
It's a simple matter for me to add it to the 5 gallon jugs when I fill them. It's not gonna hurt anything if it is not needed.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Is algaecide mostly a summer thing? Or should I be adding that all year round even if it gets cold in the winter?
I use biocide year round. My choice and cheap insurance in my estimation. Can be a real hassle if you get the system plugged up with microbial growth.

Reactions: 1 users

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
You gotta remember that I am in South Central Mississippi so "Winter" has a very different definition here.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Added sliding links to replace the turn buckles on my BX23 3PT lift arms :)

View attachment 112684
I predict that these stabilizers will not coincide with (at least some) Landpride implements. Some of them have very large link pin mounts, which come very close to the lift arm ears. Those stabilizers will interfere with some implements- if you consider buying these stabilizers, check that your implements will clear them.

Reactions: 1 user