What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

Jasonized

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3902, LA526, box scraper, grapple, pallet forks, tree ripper, lane shark 3
May 16, 2023
California coast
Almost finished adding a lane shark to mine. By almost I mean I need to remake a hose.
but I tied it down, and then drove off to try it out! A number of annoying sap suckers don’t annoy me anymore…
🤭

Reactions: 1 user

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Evening 2 on additional parking pad.

Getting it cleaned up:

Driveway 9.JPG

Driveway 10.JPG

Installation of road fabric with assistance from my favorite helper (and chief inspector):

Driveway 12.JPG

It looks like it passed inspection. All good he says ! 😁

Driveway 13.JPG

funny, this morning there was a hen turkey taking an hour long dirt bath in the dry dirt dust. I guess she had some fleas or ticks. She flopped around in the dust so much that she made a hole. It was pretty funny to watch.

Reactions: 11 users

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
While we had the hoe on yesterday we dug up a stump in the front.

View attachment 104178
And he had to use his “tractor” to pull it out and drag it to the burn pile 😂

View attachment 104179
Kids can be amazing, there is a place outside of Houston, TX that has small equipment that they rent out mini equpment for kids that are 3 years and up. It's like a big sandbox for kids and it's surprising how quickly they learn and how good they are running stuff. Don't know if it's up and running, but there was a place that used that same concept, except it was for adults running full sized equipment.

• Love

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Evening 2 on additional parking pad.

Getting it cleaned up:

View attachment 104246

View attachment 104247

Installation of road fabric with assistance from my favorite helper (and chief inspector):

View attachment 104248

It looks like it passed inspection. All good he says ! 😁

View attachment 104249

funny, this morning there was a hen turkey taking an hour long dirt bath in the dry dirt dust. I guess she had some fleas or ticks. She flopped around in the dust so much that she made a hole. It was pretty funny to watch.
I have an exact (nearly pure white) match to your Lab helper.
My Sadie will be 4 next month.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
"henrietta" is back again looking for her favorite dust bowl. She's looking really confused now that I covered her day spa with road fabric. 😄

Henrietta.JPG

Reactions: 7 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
I see you have the Piranha bar. Makes a huge difference on the LX2610.

Been stirring dust for a week with mine, so maybe spa day tomorrow in the new parking area we just finished today. Spread 7 yards of #57, finished the grading around the driveway where I used up every bit of the fill I
dug outta parking area. Seeded the backfill and spread straw. Gotta go move the sprinklers.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
That's awesome, you've got me looking at old Case and Deere tractors for my kid now LOL
Could I interest you in a lightly used Pennsylvania Panzer?
IMG_9837.jpeg

Ran when parked.
IMG_9835.jpeg

Or was it next to last time it was parked…🤔

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 8 users

will721

Equipment
LX2610, Ford 2n, Ferguson TO20
Jun 6, 2023
Quad Cities Area
I see you have the Piranha bar. Makes a huge difference on the LX2610.

Been stirring dust for a week with mine, so maybe spa day tomorrow in the new parking area we just finished today. Spread 7 yards of #57, finished the grading around the driveway where I used up every bit of the fill I
dug outta parking area. Seeded the backfill and spread straw. Gotta go move the sprinklers.
Yeah there hasn't been rain here in weeks. The grass is all but burnt. The tractors been used on just about every day off I have on dirt work so the dust was unreal. Then it decided to sprinkle, just enough glue it to the tractor and not enough to rinse anything off or even keep the dust down. The dirty picture really didn't do it justice to how nasty it was. Now its about to be a spa day for me. Got dirt everywhere including my teeth.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Yeah there hasn't been rain here in weeks. The grass is all but burnt. The tractors been used on just about every day off I have on dirt work so the dust was unreal. Then it decided to sprinkle, just enough glue it to the tractor and not enough to rinse anything off or even keep the dust down. The dirty picture really didn't do it justice to how nasty it was. Now its about to be a spa day for me. Got dirt everywhere including my teeth.
Yep, been ‘gritting’ my teeth too. Dryer than a popcorn fart here. The centipede is still going ok, but the normal later spring/ early summer clover has taken a hit. We’re having a very odd year. We had a late hard freeze that had some curious effects on a lot of different plants. I have a lot of clay, so it retains water pretty well. But once it gets dry, may as well be spraying watwr on bricks. No Mow May was a real thing, though it had very little to do with carbon footprint. I don’t cut the grass when it’s dry until the weeds get at least knee high. Centipede doesn’t tolerate cutting in dry spells very much, and centipede is what I have, like it or not.
Let you in on a little secret. I had to remove nearly 18 inches of soil/fill. I used a subsoiler to cut the area I wanted to excavate down to about 14”, then again to break up the high spots. Between that and the Piranha, I dug out enough for 3 parking spaces that could actually accommodate 4 cars in an afternoon. Hard red clay soil. Gonna post Before/After photos tomorrow.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
After doing a bit of grass management with the MX and flail earlier this evening I got the disc hooked up to the M and chipped away a bit at the second driveway. I bought the disc locally last year for $1,150 and thought it might be useful. It's a beast and I like the hydraulic lift/lower feature.

Over the weekend I drained all of the oil out of the hydraulic cylinder and inordinately long hoses, which was a good thing given how dark and dirty it looked. The tires are good enough for now but I'll have to do something about the very worn pintle type coupler on the disc. It's an articulating type in need of attention, and there are some other features on the disc I need to figure out. Overall it was a good first run up and down a couple of times. I'll get the rock bucket on the MX and pick out the larger rocks before loading dirt out and into one of the dump trailers to be relocated. Eventually I'll bring in some 3" minus or something, and then cover that with typical 3/4" crush driveway gravel.

This additional 175 yards of driveway will add to snow plowing in the winter, but it'll be great to have a loop on the property both for pulling trailers up to the house, and in the winter months to avoid the hairpin turn at the top of the common driveway that my truck struggles with in 4WD.

m6060_disc_1.jpg

m6060_disc_2.jpg

m6060_disc_3.jpg

m6060_disc_5.jpg

m6060_disc_4.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

GrizBota

Equipment
L3830HST/LA724, B2601/LA435/RCK54-32, RCR1872, CDI 66”grapple, pallet forks
Apr 26, 2023
Oregon
The B2601 got the 50 hour service. Engine oil and filter, hydraulic and HST filters (spilled 2.5 quarts in that venture, from the hydraulic filter on the right side). The brake zerk greased (and saw another half dozen places underneath where there should be zerks that there are not). The mower deck got the 50 hour service too. 5 zerks on the deck, 3 on the drive line and the gear box oil changed (it came out looking new). The outer air filter was just too dirty for me to put back in even after blowing it off, so I replaced it. Checked the front axle oil level, it was fine. Gave it a small drink of antifreeze to top off the overflow bottle.

Tell you what, that guy was slow (and kind of sweaty and oily). I drank three iced mochas in my air conditioned truck waiting for him to finish. I didn’t tip him when I pulled off. And I noticed he didn’t even run it though the complimentary wash, something about doing it next time. He might have filled the fuel tank, but so what!?

Last edited:

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
Could I interest you in a lightly used Pennsylvania Panzer? View attachment 104403
Ran when parked. View attachment 104404
Or was it next to last time it was parked…🤔
I like that little tractor. Reminds me of a bolens my uncle had 55 yrs ago that I used to mow with for him while he worked on Saturday morning. Was built like a tank with a cast front axle too and you drove over the deck to put it on.

Great memory, thanks for posting this! Wouldn't mind adding it to my bunch.

Bill

Reactions: 1 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Why didn’t you dust that off for momma instead of the new Bota? 😂

I would love that!
I tried, but she was not interested at all. 🤷‍♂️

I mowed with that as a kid and it has pulled trailers here for many years. I do plan to get it running but haven’t put any time into figuring out what’s wrong with it. It sounds like it has good compression so it will most likely run again at some point.

Reactions: 3 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
found a way to get to my pile of millings...

millings.JPG

Reactions: 4 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Pulled the FEL off the LX2610SU for a deep cleaning and inspection of all the pins and bushings. I’m just over 250 hours on it, and I’ve been pretty rough with it. Amazing how much grease builds up with normal lubrcation. I think I may be greasing a little too often, but that’s a lot better than the alternative. Zero wear on pins or bushings, nothing cracked, broken or bent. A bit of paint rubbed off and that’s about it for wear. Gonna give the LX a bath while I’m in the mood to wash off some of dirt accumulation of the past few months. Maybe even use a little spray on wax while drying it off. I’ve worked it pretty hard the last couple weeks, so it deserves a little TLC. Will post a photo when it’s clean again.

BTW, doing it the hard way with engine degreaser and a whole roll of paper towels. It’s almost like cleaning up a baby with a dirty diaper, but doesn’t smell as bad.

Reactions: 1 users