What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

edritchey

Lifetime Member

Equipment
A bunch of cute little Kubotas
Jul 19, 2014
Wellsville, PA
I hope you were able to find fertilizer at a decent price? It's so costly in my area I just had to put it off, waiting for the price to go down
We were luck enough to have some in storage so didn't have to buy this year

Reactions: 1 user

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I mowed over the hill dust, seeds and pollen, and an N95, tomorrow I ll hose the B down and clean the rad and air filter, if that N95 is any indication of all the crap I was breathing in, the filter must be ugly

Reactions: 1 users

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny
Mowed grass two days earlier than planned because the weather dart thrower is predicting three days of heavy rain. As I was finishing I noticed some clumping out of the rear discharge so I'm going to clean the deck and change the blades this weekend.
I like the dart thrower comment. My brother calls them the weather buffoons. Sure could use a little rain here in upstate NY, our lawn is burned up already. I have some work to do with the kubota but putting it off because it is so dry and dusty. If I cross the grass where I need to it is going to grind it down to nothing.

Bill

Reactions: 2 users

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I mowed over the hill dust, seeds and pollen, and an N95, tomorrow I ll hose the B down and clean the rad and air filter, if that N95 is any indication of all the crap I was breathing in, the filter must be ugly
I know what you mean by all the dirt and debris being stirred up mowing. After I was done, I had to take my cabin air conditioner filter out and blow it out due to all the dust. Air conditioner works much better now on the tractor once everything was blown off.

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
"No Mow May" just finished here in NB so I mowed 2acres of dandelions grass today with the ol' TG1860 (it;s roughly 1999-2000?vintage<who knows> with now 961hrs on it).

You can't see it in the photo but I have a kids t-shirt taped over the radiator inlet vent screen (down by my knees) to prevent a million dandelion seeds getting stuck in there.

This trick Works very well! (much better than stopping literally every 10-mins to pick those white fluffy things out of the screen). (yes, still had to stop around the 45min mark/halfway point) to clean the engine bays removable rad screen)
20230602_124027.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
Having another 10 yards of sand/compost mix delivered tomorrow to finish off some additional areas I've cleared and need to grade/fill. Swapped the BH77 for the box blade this evening, 20 minute job because I had to adjust my lower pin to get my 3pt arms on. I love these equipment dollies I've built, I can remove the BH77 in under 3 minutes.
IMG_20230602_210000_02~2.jpg
IMG_20230602_210000_01~2.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
A few trail cam pictures pulling the light duty 6 foot LP cutter behind my L2501. It was a dust bowl! We really need rain here in Central Wi. Had a few spotty showers in the area 2 days ago but my land had none.

IMG_8604.jpeg
IMG_8603.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users

Mowbizz

Equipment
Bx25d
Aug 19, 2021
New Hampshire
I like the dart thrower comment. My brother calls them the weather buffoons. Sure could use a little rain here in upstate NY, our lawn is burned up already. I have some work to do with the kubota but putting it off because it is so dry and dusty. If I cross the grass where I need to it is going to grind it down to nothing.

Bill
Same here in central NH…mowed my property yesterday and places that were not dust bowls in the past were very bad. Sandy soil to begin with and the aftermath of sand and dust all over the Zero turn (and me)! Used my leaf blower to clear the sand/dust then a hose down for both me and the mower.
Looks like a wetter week ahead though…and speaking of “weather buffoons” I love my local weather buffoon ladies! (The only reason to watch local news stations) some very voluptuous, weather “balloons” 🥰😉

Snowmansimon

Dec 31, 2015
Canada
Started to loosely assemble my garden hiller/row builder. I got the hitch from heavy hitch but had a local shop make the crossbar tube and got 6' of tubing from them as well. Freight from Heavy Hitch and duty was going to be more than what I spent on these parts. If I get home early enough tomorrow I'll give it a test run.

View attachment 103730
View attachment 103731
View attachment 103732
I am in NB and would like to build one for myself. Where did you source the disk and tines?

trial and error

Equipment
B7100dt manual trans. homemade FEL, 4 way hydraulic dozer blade
Feb 16, 2023
NY
Started moving wood front the front "seasoning pile" to the woodshed in the back. My father has my 4x8 trailer, so just used the bucket to transport. It's slower then loading up the trailer but I can put the FEL right at waist height for loading and unloading so not nearly as much bending over as it would be with the trailer.

Attachments

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Started moving wood front the front "seasoning pile" to the woodshed in the back. My father has my 4x8 trailer, so just used the bucket to transport. It's slower then loading up the trailer but I can put the FEL right at waist height for loading and unloading so not nearly as much bending over as it would be with the trailer.
Nice looking woodshed. You guys living up in cold regions take your firewood seriously. By necessity I suppose. Where I live a fire in the fireplace is for ambiance or BBQ. :)

So we don't need very much.

trial and error

Equipment
B7100dt manual trans. homemade FEL, 4 way hydraulic dozer blade
Feb 16, 2023
NY
Nice looking woodshed. You guys living up in cold regions take your firewood seriously. By necessity I suppose. Where I live a fire in the fireplace is for ambiance or BBQ. :)

So we don't need very much.
Thanks, that was one of my first projects when we bought the place and I learned quickly its a tad too small, but way better then nothing like I grew up with. I've got more hardwood then I know what to do with at the moment, as a guy down the road was building a house last year and I got cords and cords of unprocessed wood from him. I also have more pine then I know what to do with but that is reserved for the outdoor fire pit so I go through it much slower. I wish I could heat primarily with wood but we only have a large open fireplace which gets used a ton and being that it's a small house it's does alright. we keep the thermostat at 58 in the winter.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
I took a shower with my tractor today. I took a load of burnable items down to the next brush pile area and on the way down the hill I saw it was raining east of us about 10 miles away. The radar was showing things moving south/east so I didn't thing any thing of it. Guess what hit just after pushing the load in to the pile. DOWN POUR. It takes about 5 minuets in the truck and about 15 on the tractor to get to the house from this location. The only thing that was not soaked was my phone, the business' cards soaked up the water running off my belt and the outer side is water tight. 4 10ths of an inch in 20 minuets.
You call .4 inches in 20 minutes a down pour? We just call that a slight increase in humidity in Alabama. Golf ball size rain drops actually hurt a bit when they hit. DEAFENING under a metal roof. We had 1.5 inches in one hour once last summer. I started researching Noah’s plans for the ark. I don’t mind heavy rain as long as it’s falling straight down. When it goes horizontal is when I get a little nervous.