What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
Tree cutting day in the woods with the girls (the Kimber and the Kubota)and hauled logs with the forks up to the wood rack, did a regen and celebrated a Happy Rebellion Day, then put the orange monster up for a nap.

Reactions: 1 user

Mak65

Equipment
L2501 HST
Apr 25, 2019
TX
Moved 350 gallons of water from my well to the two troughs I have out for wildlife. We are going through major drought No measurable rain on my property in over a month and none in forecast for the upcoming week . The seasonal pond I have dried up two weeks back and does with little fawns, and everything else, need water.

Neighbors have ponds but even those are long walks.

Reactions: 1 users

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Moved 350 gallons of water from my well to the two troughs I have out for wildlife. We are going through major drought No measurable rain on my property in over a month and none in forecast for the upcoming week . The seasonal pond I have dried up two weeks back and does with little fawns, and everything else, need water.

Neighbors have ponds but even those are long walks.
Be carefull! Wells can dry up too!

bikerdib

Equipment
L4701 with FEL, BH92 backhoe
Oct 5, 2010
Wallis, Texas
Every 2 days I've been having to use my FEL with forklift attachment to carry a 35 gallon drum to water pine tree seedlings. Back around the beginning of May I planted 110 trees surrounding 3 sides of my pond for aesthetics and also for wintertime light block for my astronomy hobby. Of course, since I planted the trees we are in an exceptional drought in my area. I have cracks in the ground 2" to 3" wide. I have a hosebib in the drum, lift the drum high with the FEL and use a 50 foot hose to water as many as I can reach then move the tractor to the next bunch (after lowering the FEL of course) i need to find a 55 gallon drum because I have to make 4 trips with the 35 gallon.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I need to seed grass at our farm, about an acre, but I'm waiting til Fall. With the current pricing for weed / grass killer, seed and fertilizer, I can't afford to do it too early and risk losing it to the summer heat and drought. This is a recreational property so we're not there all the time to water it and move sprinklers around on a daily basis. Good luck with your grass.
Good plan!
Depending on where you are in the USA, mid to late Sept. is usually a good time

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Every 2 days I've been having to use my FEL with forklift attachment to carry a 35 gallon drum to water pine tree seedlings. Back around the beginning of May I planted 110 trees surrounding 3 sides of my pond for aesthetics and also for wintertime light block for my astronomy hobby. Of course, since I planted the trees we are in an exceptional drought in my area. I have cracks in the ground 2" to 3" wide. I have a hosebib in the drum, lift the drum high with the FEL and use a 50 foot hose to water as many as I can reach then move the tractor to the next bunch (after lowering the FEL of course) i need to find a 55 gallon drum because I have to make 4 trips with the 35 gallon.
My father did something similar for many years with a 250 gallon tank set in an off-road trailer. He had a siphon setup he hooked to the pond and would pull the tank to the bottom of the dam each night. By morning it was full and he’d plug the bottom end of the siphon and pull the loaded tank 1/4 mile to the garden where he’d let it gravity drain to various areas until evening and repeat. It was a 24 hour a day process but he only spent maybe an hour a day to keep everything well watered. Bigger tanks make the job much easier.

Mak65

Equipment
L2501 HST
Apr 25, 2019
TX
I have two 50 gallon (plastic) troughs buried so that lip is about 2 in. above ground level. Each trough has a 275 gal IBC tote off to the side as a supply reservoir w/ small screened funnel (screen prevents mosquito breeding in tote) to capture rain. More for laughs, especially now, as the well is main water source. I put mosquito dunks in troughs to control that area (harmless to animals and birds).

I use forks on tractor to haul a 55 gal barrel of water to IBC. I lift it so spout is above funnel and dump it. The IBC rests on 8” cinder blocks and is tied to a float supply valve (metal) using washer hoses (metal flex hose). The metal keeps raccoons and other critters from destroying or gnawing on plastic ones. The water is gravity fed (hence the blocks).

The trough has a board with hardware cloth tacked to it that gently angles down into the water with rocks on each end to weight it down. If a small animal falls in they instinctively swim along the wall eventually encountering the board. The hardware cloth gives them footing and the “weight” rocks allow them to get back over the edge. I also have rocks at this area so animals can crawl over wall onto board to drink Along with several areas with rocks outside of trough for smaller animals to stand on and reach over to get a drink.

I keep game cams at each to capture game. The drought has allowed for several photos of various animals sharing the trough at once.

Reactions: 2 users

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
I have two 50 gallon (plastic) troughs buried so that lip is about 2 in. above ground level. Each trough has a 275 gal IBC tote off to the side as a supply reservoir w/ small screened funnel (screen prevents mosquito breeding in tote) to capture rain. More for laughs, especially now, as the well is main water source. I put mosquito dunks in troughs to control that area (harmless to animals and birds).

I use forks on tractor to haul a 55 gal barrel of water to IBC. I lift it so spout is above funnel and dump it. The IBC rests on 8” cinder blocks and is tied to a float supply valve (metal) using washer hoses (metal flex hose). The metal keeps raccoons and other critters from destroying or gnawing on plastic ones. The water is gravity fed (hence the blocks).

The trough has a board with hardware cloth tacked to it that gently angles down into the water with rocks on each end to weight it down. If a small animal falls in they instinctively swim along the wall eventually encountering the board. The hardware cloth gives them footing and the “weight” rocks allow them to get back over the edge. I also have rocks at this area so animals can crawl over wall onto board to drink Along with several areas with rocks outside of trough for smaller animals to stand on and reach over to get a drink.

I keep game cams at each to capture game. The drought has allowed for several photos of various animals sharing the trough at once.
Great! So, where are these pictures? :)

Reactions: 1 users

Mak65

Equipment
L2501 HST
Apr 25, 2019
TX
I’ll have to find some that show the whole rigging and a game shot or two - and figure out how to load them. 🙃

bmblank

Equipment
2020 L3901HST, LA525 Loader, 66" Q/A Bucket, PFL2042 Forks, Meteor SB68PT Blower
Mar 4, 2015
Cadillac, MI
I did 100hr service on my tractor. Still need to enter it into my records. I'm glad to have it done.

radas

Equipment
2022 LX2610HST, 3rd Function, Rear Remotes, BH77
Mar 21, 2022
Michigan
I carry a pair of needlenose pliers in my toolbox to make quick work of the clips for when I’m wearing gloves. It’s a bit tight where they are. I don’t adjust them enough where the slight inconvenience bothers me at all. If I’m leveling a fresh area I’ll drop the tines to bust the ground up then put them back out of the way for leveling. The weight of the box blade is usually enough for my needs. View attachment 82804 View attachment 82807 View attachment 82809
I think I'm going to grab a set of these for the rippers.

In Utopia

Equipment
L175 FEL
Apr 21, 2013
Utopia,Tx/Pasadena,TX
You might consider a stock tank set on a pallet. More volume of water and possible other uses.

But 2"-3" cracks in the ground !! Don't drop your keys.

I've got 3 totes 330 gallons each that feed into 2 old bathtubs with floats that furnish water to the deer on my property in Utopia. We are in a severe drought, only 3.30" rain this year. I fill them up every 2 weeks from my well using a garden hose. My well in only 196' deep and is a low producer, so I have 3 800 gallon holding tanks. There is a pump saver on my submersible pump. It pumps until it senses no water, then it shuts off for 30 minutes, then it comes back on.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
If you have totes, tractor with forks, just load to totes to the limit of your tractor and you're in business. But you have to have water to put in them.

Can't imagine it being that dry. We have a lot of clay in our soil and have had 3/4"-1" surface cracks in the yard from time to time, but then we get rain. Just on 7/2 we got 2.5" overnight. I was grateful for some moisture to reduce the chance of fires from fire works.

In Texas you guys have "tanks" (which we call ponds). Are they dried up like Lake Mead? If you had a cattle herd how would you keep them in water?

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Shoes off and feet up at the moment but I’ll get some photos soon. Been redirecting some runoff from the neighboring property that has to cross mine. This project really let me know how badly undersized my box blade is behind the LX. But I have put in a second culvert and can now access the property all the way to the back line. Let the clean up operation continue. I see a grapple in my future.

Reactions: 2 users

dan_m

Equipment
BX2380
Jul 9, 2020
Georgia
I carry a pair of needlenose pliers in my toolbox to make quick work of the clips for when I’m wearing gloves. It’s a bit tight where they are. I don’t adjust them enough where the slight inconvenience bothers me at all. If I’m leveling a fresh area I’ll drop the tines to bust the ground up then put them back out of the way for leveling. The weight of the box blade is usually enough for my needs.
Can you use lynch pins instead of clips?

Dan

DeepWoods

Equipment
B2650HSDC Woodland Mills WC68 Wood Chipper
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
Yeah the tine pins. I haven't picked up my unit yet (picking it up in a couple weeks when I pick up my truck from the dealer). I'm sure there's a better alternative out there.
Here is what I did to make it easy to remove the pins. Cheap Fix. Easy to grab.
71F6F253-8447-415A-BFB8-617F1C3F4A7F.jpeg

Reactions: 5 users

lakehouse_dreaming

Equipment
L3901HST, LA525 FEL, RGA1258 tiller, RCR1860 rotary cutter
Nov 2, 2021
Graded off an area where the in laws will be putting a pool. My buddy brought up his mini ex to do the digging and breaking up the ground. I used the L3901 with the loader and box blade to move and level the dirt. We had to cut it down around 20" on the high side and build up the low side.

Also we found the gas line by accident which caused a delay until the gas authority could come out and cap it off. We had the locator come out and mark everything but he missed this line. After he capped it off we came back and dug up the old steel gas line so they can replace it with plastic.

IMG_6122[1].JPG IMG_6123[1].JPG IMG_6124[1].JPG IMG_6126[1].JPG IMG_6127[1].JPG IMG_6128[1].JPG IMG_6129[1].JPG

Reactions: 3 users