What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
And you could too. My neighbor on 160 acres just put the 46 acre section next to me on the market for $925k. It's a lovely spot and I'm sure someone will snap it up. I would love to buy it, but as a single guy on one income it's out of my price range. I've been able to enjoy it for the past 8 years without footing the bill, but it's disappointing that my neighbor, who lives in PA and who certainly doesn't need the money, has decided to sell it.
With interest rates as low as they are these days and real estate prices (values?) doing what they are… a discussion with your neighbor in PA might result in a lowered price and you might find a loan affordable after-all…and have the enjoyment of that addt’l property for your lifetime for very little pain.
(It’d be a nice estate to leave your loved ones to deal with too.) ;)

@Matt Ellerbee : Do those pie pans work? (birds? raccoons? or?)

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
Spread 20 yards of fill, and 40 yards of topsoil today, for a friend nearby.

Our neighbors are sooo-lucky to live where they do…. having us tractor-guys next door looking for something to do with our man-toys…. Heh? :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 3 users

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
@Bmeyers : Max must be a popular name for Rottweilers. My former next-door-neighbor Chuck moved many years ago to his dream-property… a hundred acres with a small brick home and a barn with two ponds… We’d been close next-door-neighbors when we lived in town and shared a beer, tools, kid-watching, whatever for a couple years before he bought his dream-place and moved out about an hour southeast of town.. I did the same the next year…opposite direction an hour from town.
Chuck still worked in town for a microchip mfr’r… but he loved living on his own place and didn’t care how far he had to drive to be there.

Chuck always held a big outdoor Barbeque on the 4th of July, inviting the same crowd each year until we were all just like extended family to each other. Since he lived so far out he bought a Rottweiler puppy with the hopes of raising him to be a good babysitter for his kids and guard dog for the home while he worked 40 miles away in-town. Max grew up to be a big-ol’ friendly lean-against-your-leg friendly dog at those 4th of July celebrations, quickly accepting all of us a “family”>

One day while out driving near the end of a work-day I realized I was only a couple miles from Chucks place and he’d be home in another half-hour or so…. and I knew the ‘fridge on his back porch had cold beer in it…. so figured I’d go sit on the porch and sip a beer while awaiting his return home…and then we’d have a nice visit before I headed home on a 2-hour drive to my place on the other side of town.

When I pulled up to Chucks drive I forgot the combination to his gate-lock… and was about to just hop over the gate and walk the 50 yards to his back porch for that cold beer ….when I saw Max…. sitting upright beside the porch in the middle of the drive…. intently watching me about to climb that gate.

“HEY, MAX! GOOD DOG!”, I called out.

Max didn’t move a muscle.

Whistle-Whistle- Hey Max! Com’-Ere Boy! Whistle-Whistle.

Max remains steady as a rock… staring me down….like he was thinking ..”OK Buddy…. Act like you think it’s OK to come over that gate…. Come On now….Just climb over that gaaate…”

I KNOW THIS DOG! This dog KNOWS ME! We’ve been huggin’ and pettin’ and playin’ Fetch for a couple Years… when Chuck was home… Wha’s that matter with you?

”Whistle-Whistle… HERE MAX!”

Doesn’t even blink. Like a statue Max sits,…. Eyes Intent on my every move.

I ended up sitting in my truck for almost an hour wishing I had a cold beer in my hands, before Chuck drives up to find me blocking his driveway.
The MOMENT Chuck gets out of his car and comes over to shake my hand…. Max BOUNDS up the drive to the gate all excited to have Daddy home and company to PLAY with!

When I told Chuck how his dog had stood-and-Stared-me-down…. He told me, “You know, Max is such a big Ol’ Friendly Dog… I’ve always worried that he wouldn’t make a good guard-dog while I was away. I’m GLAD you finally CONFIRMED he knew what his job was!”

I replied, “Chuck, that dog simply snookered me…. I didn’t know if I could count on him to remember me as a friend….or if I climbed that gate if he’d take my leg-off! … But I wasn’t ABOUT to TRY HIM!”

:ROFLMAO: :p🤣:cool:

• Haha

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
$500-$700 to deliver a machine that size is totally reasonable for your time and trouble. I wouldn't give it a second thought. It's your time, and your equipment, doing a service for him that would be a inconvenience to arrange otherwise. Looking forward to the pictures!
The owner has decided to buy a trailer when he gets out here and pick it up himself which is fine by me. The road up to Polebridge is awful and I wasn't looking forward to that part of the delivery. I guess the MX will be at my place for another month.

Another plus is that I can work on my own projects today such as punching some holes in the ground for sonotubes and steel poles, and cutting seemingly endless acres of knapweed with patches of grass thrown in. Oh yeah, I need to switch out the wheels/tires on the truck since I doubt we'll see any more snow until October or November.

Last edited:

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
That's one of my very favorite places that I've visited. That was back in 1979.
You're very fortunate to have seen the park back then. Like every national park in the country, it's turned into an overcrowded mess. You have to put in some effort to get away from all of the toursists, but when you do it's an incredible place to be.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
View attachment 81262 Played in the garden. Then almost knocked myself out with a post driver.
That's awesome, seeing that MX working the land. I do wish I had good soil out here but it's pulverized rock basically. I bet they have better dirt on Mars! :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

pokey1416

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L4060HSTC, BH92 Backhoe, HLA Snow Pusher, Dirt Dog Tiller, EA DiscHarrow
Jun 24, 2020
SW Michigan
Changing oil in tiller.

32D6F7D2-1814-4375-9D40-B60136A4FF3B.jpeg

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Finally got around to at least partially fixing lower section of driveway. When I regraded it so it pitched to one side a lot of material was removed. My temporary grading job left a lot to be desired as it needs several yds of process to finish. There were several lumpy low spots.
Today the box blade was put on and its a lot smoother now. Not done, but better. When I finish my landscaping projects I'll have 12yds of process brought in to spread.
Before:
lower driveway before 6-4-22.jpg

and after
lower driveway after 6-4-22.jpg

Then the big orange wheelbarrow was put to use moving the last bit of mulch for the last bed.
bed bottom of driveway.jpg

The mailman came and my ss ball head locking pins arrived. Installed them on the lower adjusters.
ss ball head locking pin.jpg

ss ball head locking pin installed.jpg

Finally gave in and washed the tractor. It was so covered with pollen I wanted to sneeze just looking at it!

Reactions: 5 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
You're very fortunate to have seen the park back then. Like every national park in the country, it's turned into an overcrowded mess. You have to put in some effort to get away from all of the toursists, but when you do it's an incredible place to be.
Its an awesome destination for a motorcycle ride, even tho its 2600 miles from here. The first time my son and I rode there (early June) Going to the Sun road wasn't open yet because of the snow :(
The next time I tried there were forest fires and the park was closed / on fire.
Finally made it a couple of times after :)

Reactions: 1 user

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Moving dirt. Tilled it and then pushed as much as I could with the bucket into a pile.
20220604_173601.jpg

20220604_173633.jpg

20220604_181311.jpg

20220604_181318.jpg

Reactions: 11 users

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
@Bmeyers : Max must be a popular name for Rottweilers. My former next-door-neighbor Chuck moved many years ago to his dream-property… a hundred acres with a small brick home and a barn with two ponds… We’d been close next-door-neighbors when we lived in town and shared a beer, tools, kid-watching, whatever for a couple years before he bought his dream-place and moved out about an hour southeast of town.. I did the same the next year…opposite direction an hour from town.
Chuck still worked in town for a microchip mfr’r… but he loved living on his own place and didn’t care how far he had to drive to be there.

Chuck always held a big outdoor Barbeque on the 4th of July, inviting the same crowd each year until we were all just like extended family to each other. Since he lived so far out he bought a Rottweiler puppy with the hopes of raising him to be a good babysitter for his kids and guard dog for the home while he worked 40 miles away in-town. Max grew up to be a big-ol’ friendly lean-against-your-leg friendly dog at those 4th of July celebrations, quickly accepting all of us a “family”>

One day while out driving near the end of a work-day I realized I was only a couple miles from Chucks place and he’d be home in another half-hour or so…. and I knew the ‘fridge on his back porch had cold beer in it…. so figured I’d go sit on the porch and sip a beer while awaiting his return home…and then we’d have a nice visit before I headed home on a 2-hour drive to my place on the other side of town.

When I pulled up to Chucks drive I forgot the combination to his gate-lock… and was about to just hop over the gate and walk the 50 yards to his back porch for that cold beer ….when I saw Max…. sitting upright beside the porch in the middle of the drive…. intently watching me about to climb that gate.

“HEY, MAX! GOOD DOG!”, I called out.

Max didn’t move a muscle.

Whistle-Whistle- Hey Max! Com’-Ere Boy! Whistle-Whistle.

Max remains steady as a rock… staring me down….like he was thinking ..”OK Buddy…. Act like you think it’s OK to come over that gate…. Come On now….Just climb over that gaaate…”

I KNOW THIS DOG! This dog KNOWS ME! We’ve been huggin’ and pettin’ and playin’ Fetch for a couple Years… when Chuck was home… Wha’s that matter with you?

”Whistle-Whistle… HERE MAX!”

Doesn’t even blink. Like a statue Max sits,…. Eyes Intent on my every move.

I ended up sitting in my truck for almost an hour wishing I had a cold beer in my hands, before Chuck drives up to find me blocking his driveway.
The MOMENT Chuck gets out of his car and comes over to shake my hand…. Max BOUNDS up the drive to the gate all excited to have Daddy home and company to PLAY with!

When I told Chuck how his dog had stood-and-Stared-me-down…. He told me, “You know, Max is such a big Ol’ Friendly Dog… I’ve always worried that he wouldn’t make a good guard-dog while I was away. I’m GLAD you finally CONFIRMED he knew what his job was!”

I replied, “Chuck, that dog simply snookered me…. I didn’t know if I could count on him to remember me as a friend….or if I climbed that gate if he’d take my leg-off! … But I wasn’t ABOUT to TRY HIM!”

:ROFLMAO: :p🤣:cool:
Yes, Max is a very popular name and I have know doubt that our Max would keep the girls safe. Now he may leave me hanging, because I don't get him ice cream like the ladies do. He knows where his treats come from.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Went out to the farm today and final had a perfect day to burn most of the brush pile.
20220604_074204.jpg

Had to separate the pile out because it was to big to burn all at once. So we made a smaller pile to the side.

Resized_20220604_075605.jpeg

Resized_20220604_075657.jpeg

Resized_20220604_092517.jpeg

The best part of the day wasn't getting the pile burnt, but was having my dad with us at the farm.
Resized_20220604_095858.jpeg

Dad is currently undergoing radiation treatment for cancer. He has three more weeks of treatments and then he will be complete. The reports have all been coming back positive, but this is the first time in the last seven weeks that he has felt good enough to come and spend the day at the farm with us while we worked. We made sure he stayed supervising, I assigned my wife to watch over him. I think he had a great day being able to boss the grandsons and myself around. It was wonderful having him out there.

20220604_142339.jpg

This is what the pile looks like now. We still have a little more work to go, but it was a very wonderful and productive day.

Reactions: 12 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
A bit bigger than a lake😉 It's Malpeque Bay. The Gulf of Saint Lawrence is above it.
Oh wow! A beautiful part of the world.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
It was a mostly a mowing day. Mowed the yard, then Dad’s yard, then the unoccupied house yard with the Cub ZTR. The Kubota came out after for the heavy stuff. The numerous trees make it more challenging than I would like at times but they’re staying.
B274AC1C-686F-4E61-911F-74C810E9DCF1.jpeg

Front field in process.
F0D02364-9AEC-4845-9EB6-EFD9A8F24FAC.jpeg

Off with the loader and in with the brush hog.
1D47E59C-C615-41A8-B34B-EBFF8F3B08F7.jpeg

Small field across the driveway before.
F300E45C-A163-4FF0-9B68-F3DD7E15B34E.jpeg

Same area after. The un-mowed part of the field isn’t ours. The owner normally leases it for tobacco but it’s fallow this year.