What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Working on my driveway expansion and the front right is flat again. I think I’m done with these R4s on the front.
I feel your pain :(

I have been really lucky and only had one flat on all the tractors I've had. Came up against a rock in the woods and didn't realize it until I popped the bead on the rear. No matter what I tried I couldn't get it to seal. 1-800-call-tireguy

If nothing else came from it, now I am even more careful

Reactions: 1 user

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
New cable trenching attachment. I’m going to bury over 1000’ of dog fence. Figured. Why dig by hand...

D5AF430B-A46F-43D8-81DF-C880113289A3.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users

JoeBabbs

Equipment
L3800, FEL, BH, box blade, front tine bucket, hydraulic front angle blade
Jan 20, 2020
Ithaca, NY USA
Might not be the correct place, but tried out my new Box blade on the driveway of our vacation getaway to try and smooth out one rough area. Definitely made it worse, too many big rocks. Driveway is 1/4 mile easy with 100 ft bad spot from washout.
Box blade and tractor worked great. Broke one of the four scarifier blades in half after first hour.lol

Have to give a shout out to Messicks. I ordered a new scarifier yesterday morning and it hit my front porch at 0945 this morning. Very impressive. There is a dealer I go to about 40 minutes each way but I will not be up there for a week.
With fuel prices $14 shipping is nothing.
Cheers J
You may need more gravel over the big rocks. Unless you want to dig them out.

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Finished the driveway/yard separation. It was extremely hot…has anyone else drank so much water you cannot force another drop down?

Attachments

Reactions: 2 users

Ikc1990

Equipment
Kubota m125x, m9000, b2710, and other equiptment
Dec 2, 2020
Vermont
Today I moved my pile about 80 20 foot sticks of 4" PVC we use for slip pipes and odds and ends stuff I got a deal on a truck load few years back when was doing a job. Anyways moved that to it's new holding cell between some cedar posts behind the wood shop, then scraped the brush that grew up around the sugar house before it got any worse, looks good cleaned out shed behind it now to cut another door in that shed. Expanding the wood shed into the pipe shed for this year until lumber prices drop then will be adding on again lol. Expanding the home farm more beef more chicken more sugar maples for REAL VERMONT MAPLE SYRUP you can keep your ant jemima in your house not mine lol. Then fed another round bale in barn for small calves that haven't been out to pasture yet.

Reactions: 2 users

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Finished the driveway/yard separation. It was extremely hot…has anyone else drank so much water you cannot force another drop down?
Nice!

Yes, the fine art of drinking enough water at the correct intervals to stay properly hydrated while not drinking enough to become bloated or having to pee while losing several gallons of water via sweat: it’s a skill proudly passed from sweaty old generation to sweaty young generation in the maximum humidity southern US summers.

Last edited:

NCL4701

Equipment
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Did a little bush hogging this morning. First time mowing with the hydraulic top and side link. It wasn’t a lot of mowing but it was a pretty good test as it started in a mostly flat field beside the state road in a corner where saplings were trying to take over. Next it was off to shorten the grass on the part of trails where the Japanese stilt grass thrives. It was worth every penny spent on the hydraulic top & side link to be able to float the top link, adjust it along with the lift arms to mow over obstacles, or flip the deck up for transport across rough terrain; all very quickly without leaving the seat.

6DDADFC3-9619-4317-9757-60E12A346A17.jpeg
4995CD3B-07F1-4032-84C2-B509A69C67F5.jpeg
FB0881F7-FEF1-4E64-BFC6-8DE8DE947156.jpeg
D98D0585-467D-4D1A-B0EF-FBD2642DB681.jpeg
AD770463-7F3D-45E4-A2BF-31D28C8A16D9.jpeg
7FF00A95-F991-429F-BF67-9D53B5D7110E.jpeg
85F6456D-07A0-4283-A06F-5A7B19B510DD.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Working on my driveway expansion and the front right is flat again. I think I’m done with these R4s on the front.
Crash regardless of what tire you put on the front they all have a thin wall. The plug on my BX's front tire would leak very slowly! I put in (IIRC) 32oz of a Kubota branded tire sealer with the plug left in the tire and its been holding for a year now!

lerxstland

Equipment
MX5400 , New Holland 4630, LP BoxBlade, land plane, Grapple, rake, rear blade,
Mar 7, 2016
McHenry, MD
Did a little bush hogging this morning. First time mowing with the hydraulic top and side link. It wasn’t a lot of mowing but it was a pretty good test as it started in a mostly flat field beside the state road in a corner where saplings were trying to take over. Next it was off to shorten the grass on the part of trails where the Japanese stilt grass thrives. It was worth every penny spent on the hydraulic top & side link to be able to float the top link, adjust it along with the lift arms to mow over obstacles, or flip the deck up for transport across rough terrain; all very quickly without leaving the seat.

View attachment 63216 View attachment 63217 View attachment 63218 View attachment 63219 View attachment 63220 View attachment 63221 View attachment 63222
Purchasing a new tractor and I want that setup on mine, how many rear remotes do you need?

NCL4701

Equipment
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Purchasing a new tractor and I want that setup on mine, how many rear remotes do you need?
2. One for the top link, one for the side link. “Standard” is center return (up/down/off). If you want one or more to have the ability to float or run constantly (to run a hydraulic motor, etc.) be sure to spec the functions the way you want them. Personally I have no use for a constant flow. I do really like the float option.

I have three sets of remotes on mine. Have to pull the right rear wheel and fender to put on one so from a labor standpoint installing 3 isn’t much more than installing 1. Needed 2 and the third was just the additional part cost so went ahead and had it done.

I know there are some really good A/M options for rear remotes, some which may better than or cheaper than OEM. However, my whole setup, cylinders and valves, was done by the dealer. I couldn’t source the cylinders cheaper than the dealer quoted.

Pic of the remotes on the back of tractor and valve handle location below. I like the valve handles being in easy reach while driving and like them all being different height so no confusion which one I’m grabbing.
BA4B51F3-BCCD-48D5-8F24-2CBE3074E72E.jpeg
9A0A3F23-25A5-4598-8808-1C094B12EC9B.jpeg

L35

Equipment
L35/TL720/BT900/York rake/Valby chipper
Jun 13, 2010
CT
Been there, done that. Right shoulder, complete rupture, repaired in June last year. Left shoulder, arthritis, and spurs, and a small tear, repaired in October last year. If you had a cuff repaired, count on a 10 month healing process. Do EVERYTHING the doc and therapists tell you to. Some of the seemingly redundant exercises are very necessary to restore range of motion. Strength takes a long time to get back, and that ain’t gonna happen if you don’t have full range mobility back. The last surgery on my right shoulder was the second rupture. First time was in 2013. I’d just really gotten back to full strength and then fell on my front porch in 2018 and ripped it again. If I tear it again I’ll have to have a complete reconstruction which is longer healing time than a cuff surgery. I’ll probably become homicidal by the time that’s done. Gotta love the Immobilizer 2000. Get a wrist brace if you have to wear the sling at night. You’ll thank me later.
Thanks for the advice, OP, I have been doing all my “homework” as well as making all of my PT appointments. I’m doing as well as I can to keep up with my end of the bargain so I can get back to 100% as possible.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Nice!

Yes, the fine art of drinking enough water at the correct intervals to stay properly hydrated while not drinking enough to become bloated or having to pee while losing several gallons of water via sweat: it’s a skill proudly passed from sweaty old generation to sweaty young generation in the maximum humidity southern US summers.
1 Gatorade, 2 waters. Be careful with either. Strangely enough, too much water can be like poison. Ask any long distance runner or bicyclist.

But, yes, sometimes I feel like more has come outta me than I put in, but I still can't drink another drop. That's a good time to go sit in front of a fan for a few minutes. If you start getting a headache, best get cooled down post haste. Heat stroke ain't no joke.

Yall tractor safe out there. Somethin' tells me our paradise like summer down here in the (not so) sunny south is about to come to an abrupt end. It's been extremely muggy with record setting rain fall, but not really super hot yet. I don't think we've hit 90+ more than a couple days this year. We've normally had several 100+ degree days by now. I just got a bad feelin' about August, though.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Back to the job that we got poured/hailed on to do some much needed cleanup. Truck fixed, so hopefully won't be running out of fuel any more.

Before:

Glouster Before 1.JPG

and
Glouster Before 2.JPG

After:

Glouster After 1.JPG

Glouster After 2.JPG

Reactions: 5 users

Goz63

Equipment
Kubota L2501, LA525 loader, QH15,Land Pride RCR1860, BB2560, SGC0660, forks
Jun 19, 2021
Mississippi
2. One for the top link, one for the side link. “Standard” is center return (up/down/off). If you want one or more to have the ability to float or run constantly (to run a hydraulic motor, etc.) be sure to spec the functions the way you want them. Personally I have no use for a constant flow. I do really like the float option.

I have three sets of remotes on mine. Have to pull the right rear wheel and fender to put on one so from a labor standpoint installing 3 isn’t much more than installing 1. Needed 2 and the third was just the additional part cost so went ahead and had it done.

I know there are some really good A/M options for rear remotes, some which may better than or cheaper than OEM. However, my whole setup, cylinders and valves, was done by the dealer. I couldn’t source the cylinders cheaper than the dealer quoted.

Pic of the remotes on the back of tractor and valve handle location below. I like the valve handles being in easy reach while driving and like them all being different height so no confusion which one I’m grabbing. View attachment 63230 View attachment 63231
Would you mind letting me know what the dealer charged for the rear remotes? Am interested in looking into that. Cost is a factor for me though.

Goz63

Equipment
Kubota L2501, LA525 loader, QH15,Land Pride RCR1860, BB2560, SGC0660, forks
Jun 19, 2021
Mississippi
1 Gatorade, 2 waters. Be careful with either. Strangely enough, too much water can be like poison. Ask any long distance runner or bicyclist.

But, yes, sometimes I feel like more has come outta me than I put in, but I still can't drink another drop. That's a good time to go sit in front of a fan for a few minutes. If you start getting a headache, best get cooled down post haste. Heat stroke ain't no joke.

Yall tractor safe out there. Somethin' tells me our paradise like summer down here in the (not so) sunny south is about to come to an abrupt end. It's been extremely muggy with record setting rain fall, but not really super hot yet. I don't think we've hit 90+ more than a couple days this year. We've normally had several 100+ degree days by now. I just got a bad feelin' about August, though.
Paint we have been getting slammed with rain here in the Deep South. We have had more yam year to date than we get in a complete year. Just hope we don’t get any hurricanes with the ground super saturated. Trees will just fall over.

NCL4701

Equipment
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
Would you mind letting me know what the dealer charged for the rear remotes? Am interested in looking into that. Cost is a factor for me though.
$1000 for first remote. $550 each for the next two. About $150 extra for the float detent remote so that put it at $2250 for the remotes. Another $500 for the top link and sidelink plus $150 shipping in those (since they’re not Kubota) pushed it to $2900. Then another $150 for all the fittings and lines to go from the remotes to the cylinders. Pretax total $3050. NC tax is now on both materials and labor so added $228.75 for that. All in, $3278.75.

BTW, some top links have check valves on the cylinder to ensure it only moves when you move the valve to apply pressure to one side or the other. Mine doesn’t because obviously you can’t float a cylinder with check valves. If you don’t want float check valves may be swell.

If you’re concerned about cost you might want to check out some of the threads here on adding remotes. There are some after market options for valves, diverters, re-routing of loader lines if you don’t use the loader and rear remotes at the same time (I use them both when doing much of any kind of gravel work). No real limit on how many diverter type remotes you can add if for some reason you need 6 or 14 or something more than your tractor will allegedly support.

So if someone wants to weigh in that they got rear remotes a lot cheaper, yeah you probably did. Part of what I paid for was rear remotes and cylinders. Part was for Matt at the dealership specifying the right stuff with zero time on my part, and James at the dealership (who has been doing this stuff several decades) putting all this together. That was all worth something to me and if I did it again I’d do the same again. Someone with more hydraulic expertise or time, maybe it isn’t worth having the dealer do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Got my cable layer finished today. Got the bracket for the scarificer built yesterday. Then thanks to FB I realized I could be even lazier and add The spool to it. Gonna test it out tomorrow.
EA2C2532-432C-4734-B0AC-6E93000833B3.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Just hope we don’t get any hurricanes with the ground super saturated. Trees will just fall over.
IMG_0312.JPG

Didn't even need much wind for this one to tip over.
The take down.
IMG_0366.JPG

And then the stump/rootball fell back into the hole.

Reactions: 4 users