What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Started a project... Trying to make a clear line between my lawn and gravel drive. Sick of rocks in the yard and yard in the rocks. Ill try to smooth everything out, put down sod and add gravel this weekend.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 users

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
Started a project... Trying to make a clear line between my lawn and gravel drive. Sick of rocks in the yard and yard in the rocks. Ill try to smooth everything out, put down sod and add gravel this weekend.
that is going to turn out great, and help with your OCD.

I did a similar project (for same reasons) with 6x6 PT ties to create a border. Using a stump bucket I dug the 'slots' for the ties, lifted them in, and finished around.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

Motronic

Equipment
B2650, Z421
Jun 3, 2021
PA
Got the new rake out to finish cleaning up after a 100+ ft ash I had to take down a few weeks ago. Made quick work of it on a hot and humid day.

Next up is planting natives down there. It's too wet to mow regularly so it just gets hit with the rotary cutter a few times a year. Figured some local varieties that like wet will look better than just....whatever leftover grass mix has been growing there.

PXL_20210712_172615378.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

aaluck

Equipment
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
that is going to turn out great, and help with your OCD.

I did a similar project (for same reasons) with 6x6 PT ties to create a boarder. Using a stump bucket I dug the 'slots' for the ties, lifted them in, and finished around.

That's exactly what Im going for right there. Thats excellent.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
400 hour service yesterday. not much drama other than the owners/operator manual has some miss prints failing to show (truly) where the drain plugs are for the hydraulic oil. Intuition told me that there should be a drainplug on the lower halves of the gear case housing. I found them. Book doesn't specify where they are.

Fresh SUDT2 does seem to have quieted the HST whine a bit. Maybe wishful thinking and possibly too early to tell for sure.

Picked up some fresh orange spray paint from TSC and touched up a spot on the deck. All good to go now.

Reactions: 1 user

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Today I cobbled together a pressure gauge setup for the hydraulics. Measured my max pressure at just over 2300psi. I have some shims and want to get it closer to 2500psi.
Does anyone know the approximate increase by adding .1 (mm? in?) Kubota shim?

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Been a while since I’ve got to post. Been crazy busy. Not on the bota though. Lent it to a friend, getting it back at the end of the week so I can finally finish my driveway extension.

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
B19BC113-3498-4563-8401-07DA4D1C5F9D.jpeg

Sorted out the good from bad wood in a semi-rotten trellis/swing thing mother-in-law wanted gone. Bad wood went to the back of the pickup to be hauled off. Good wood went to the shed rafters. Usually that involves stepladder and throwing it up board by board. Was kind of nice to put a bucket of lumber just enough under the joists to allow unloading, climb up in the rafters once (instead of 50 times), and pick the pieces out of the bucket without leaving the rafters until done.

Reactions: 5 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Got my Sicma tiller in from EA. Still have a month or so before I can redo the lawn with it. So for now it's resting in the basement.

20210713_160409_resized.jpg

20210713_164117_resized.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Another soil line replacement with power mole pull. Not a very informative pic taken from the cab of the excavator. I didn't really have time to fool around taking any interesting pictures with the ladder leaning up against the road while traffic whizzed by 🤬. The sides of the hole were collapsing and a utility pole was 3 feet to the left of the hole. 😰

2022 mill creek.JPG

Reactions: 2 users

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
400 hour service yesterday. not much drama other than the owners/operator manual has some miss prints failing to show (truly) where the drain plugs are for the hydraulic oil. Intuition told me that there should be a drainplug on the lower halves of the gear case housing. I found them. Book doesn't specify where they are.

Fresh SUDT2 does seem to have quieted the HST whine a bit. Maybe wishful thinking and possibly too early to tell for sure.

Picked up some fresh orange spray paint from TSC and touched up a spot on the deck. All good to go now.
I noticed the same. I do my hydro and oil at the same time on the 200's and you can hear the motor is quieter and the HST is quieter afterward. I'm not sure at what point it reverts back but it does - lol.

L35

Equipment
L35/TL720/BT900/York rake/Valby chipper
Jun 13, 2010
CT
I walked past mine, looked at it stuffed into the corner of the garage sitting on its battery tender. Haven’t used it since the beginning of April, screwed up my shoulder and needed surgery. Surgery was 6 weeks ago so I gave it a pat on the fender to let it know I haven’t forgotten about er. :)

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
swapped my forks for the bucket (I love quick attach!).

Also was able to get the pto hooked up to the post hole digger. Another pia job. Same story as last time the freakin balls weren't retracting fully when the collar was pulled back.

Maybe my storage plan for the phd isn't so great after all. I hang it from the deck with the auger just touching the ground. I grease the hell out of the coupler every time I put it away.
I had to repeat the same process as last time - soak with Mouse Milk, leave overnight, this morning soak with WD40 and it slid right on . . .

I have to drill 10 more holes for short 4X4 posts along part of the driveway. They are going to hold small led 12v lights. Its too hot n humid right now to do it but if it cools down I'll do it this evening.

As far as the phd goes I think I'm going to remove the entire shaft after each use and store inside. It is definitely my least favorite attachment to hook up especially as my 75th birthday is approaching. That's when I become old :(

Last edited:

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I noticed the same. I do my hydro and oil at the same time on the 200's and you can hear the motor is quieter and the HST is quieter afterward. I'm not sure at what point it reverts back but it does - lol.
Great. I'll plan now for the disappointment to come. ;)

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
swapped my forks for the bucket (I love quick attach!).

Also was able to get the pto hooked up to the post hole digger. Another pia job. Same story as last time the freakin balls weren't retracting fully when the collar was pulled back.

Maybe my storage plan for the phd is so great after all. I hang it from the deck with the auger just touching the ground. I grease the hell out of the coupler every time I put it away.
I had to repeat the same process as last time - soak with Mouse Milk, leave overnight, this morning soak with WD40 and it slid right on . . .

I have to drill 10 more holes for short 4X4 posts along part of the driveway. They are going to hold small led 12v lights. Its too hot n humid right now to do it but if it cools down I'll do it this evening.

As far as the phd goes I think I'm going to remove the entire shaft after each use and store inside. It is definitely my least favorite attachment to hook up especially as my 75th birthday is approaching. That's when I become old :(
It was about 80 for my dad. He was running along like he was still 50 until he hit about 80. Slow but steady decline after 80 and a couple health problems that would have been minor in prior years really knocked him in the dirt in his early 80’s. Keep running until you can’t. None of us have forever.

aaluck

Equipment
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
As far as the phd goes I think I'm going to remove the entire shaft after each use and store inside. It is definitely my least favorite attachment to hook up especially as my 75th birthday is approaching.
Great idea. I learned this when I purchased a used one on the shaft stuck, no slide. Took 3 days of soaking and strapping one end to a 4x4 and the other to the bucket (pulling it apart) to get it unstuck. Sanded and have never left it outside since.