What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

johnjk

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B3200 w/loader, Woods RC5 brush hog, 4' box blade, tooth bar, B1700 MMM,
Apr 13, 2017
West Mansfield, OH
Need to change out the starter on the B1700 this evening. Verified all the interlocks again and battery voltage. All are good and working properly. Planning on pulling the original unit apart and cleaning it up and rebuilding as necessary. I’ll throw it on the shelf as a spare

Attachments

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
Started clearing the stand of mostly pine next to the house.
These trees are 70 ft tall and 8"- 16" diameter, are 20 feet from the house and starting to deteriorate enough to be a major concern.
I dropped the largest tree first and it became the first of many logs I will be skidding with the newly acquired Norse winch.
A great tool and along with the grapple, the perfect logging combo(y)

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Unload a load of firewood off the truck and took it down to the shed to be split.

Did a little driveway maintenance while I had the tractor out.

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
Just finished up putting an 8" strip of one-way mirrored tint film around the front and sides of the Cabota.

The AC handles the heat okay, but doesn't do anything for the glare. Hoping this will help, bush-hogging season coming up.

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
After a slow start due to a minor winch cable jam that took a while to unjam, we cut and moved all the pine from next to the house.
It was quite windy with gusts seeming to blow from all directions so I hooked a snatch to a stump and tensioned every tree so they only went where I aimed them.
Probably a ten trees that will yield a few sawlogs and a lot of "biomass".
But it has opened up the view from and feel of our screen porch and more importantly, removed the danger of trees falling on the house.
A few more of the small hardwoods still to go.
The pics really don't show tall and dense it was and how open it now is, those 70 foot tall pines blocked a lot of light.
Just like pick up sticks, but the winch and grapple make it easy

Attachments

Ltk

Equipment
Kubota L2501 HST
Jul 11, 2020
Kentucky
Well I have wanted one for several years and finally pulled the trigger. Got it delivered June 1st, L2501 hst. This was the day I received it. Got the pallet forks, 66" bucket, 66" box scraper, the pd25 auger and a quick hitch for it.

I've since spread about 60 tons of gravel, smoothed up some high spots in the yard, moved some dead trees, dug up about 12 million tons of rock. Can't believe I've owned this 10 acres for 5 years without buying one sooner!

Also added some chain hooks, right grab handle, and a larger toolbox.

8.jpg

3.jpg
4.jpg
6.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
5.jpg

Reactions: 4 users

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
one day i will have a lift! very nice looking setup there friend
Thank you. I just wish it were mine! I am the sole parts replacer for a county recreation and parks agency. Though I did research and choose the lift that would work the best for us.

fj40dave

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LA534, BH77, TPD35, RCF2060, BB1566, RGA1258
Sep 24, 2009
Yelm, WA
Clearing out a friends back yard and access is really tight:
ROPS is folded down due to shed roof
Backhoe is off due to tight working space in back yard and corners
Seatbelt was off due to "level ground"

Not having the counter weight (backhoe) and the ground being soft next to the cement made that chunk of concrete in the bucket a substantial counterweight.

Close call....thought I was going over! 44387[1].jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois

Not having the counter weight (backhoe) and the ground being soft next to the cement made that chunk of concrete in the bucket a substantial counterweight.

Close call....thought I was going over! View attachment 47691
That looks like a fun ride. A little hard on the front axle, but a fun ride.

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
I started digging a wildlife scrape/pond with my L2501 and front loader. This is the first time I have attempted loader work and things are a bit tricky as I use hand controls for the HST forward and reverse. Getting full buckets of soil more often than not after a few hours of practice. I hope to eventually bring in clay to line the pond. The soil berm in the background is a rifle backstop constructed from the excavated soil.
DSC00074.jpeg
IMG_5595.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

greg86z28

Equipment
B2601
May 17, 2020
South Central Wisconsin

Close call....thought I was going over! View attachment 47691
I had this happen last year when I was borrowing my dad's machine. I damn near soiled myself.

It's a quick reminder of how operating equipment can be dangerous. Glad all turned out OK for you!

Garfield

Equipment
L6060, KX033-4
Aug 27, 2020
Ontario, Canada
I'm new here. I just got delivery of a used 2017 L6060 with only 110 hrs on it today. I got some implements with it and I drove it around the property a bit. Need to take out the pole saw and cut some branches down before i drive it around more.

Paul
Kubota L6060 1st day.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

BruceP

Equipment
G5200H
Aug 7, 2016
Richmond, Vermont, USA
Today - I replaced the HST fluid and filter.. also cleaned the intake-strainer.

The old fluid appeared clean but had odor as if it got hot.

The old FILTER was internally damaged. Looking into the center hole, I could see that the metal 'backer plate' for the filter material was crushed in towards the center of the filter. (Yes - it WAS the proper Kubota-branded filter.)

I spent the extra $8 for the "SUPER UDT2" HST fluid over the 'normal' Kubota fluid. (My G5200 only takes 7.5 quarts)

FreezinGator

Equipment
BX1500 LA181 FEL 48MMM Back blade
Jul 10, 2020
Upstate NY
I am planning on taking care of the snow this year with the FEL so I installed a block heater and got some edge tamers for the bucket on my BX1500. I have a 150 ft crushed stone drive way and a detached garage so I figure I can the pull the snow away from the garage with the back blade and get the rest with the bucket. I will probably have to clean up the details/edges with the snowblower but most of the job will be more fun ⛄:)

bx tractorjoe

Equipment
kubota l2501 upgraded from a bx23s john deere 670 husquarvana huv 4421 gxp
Jun 3, 2020
loxahatchee flordia
I ordered 5 gallons of udt and a new oil dipstick for my new to me very well used b7100 with mower deck.. ordered new hst filter and oil and fuel filters, and air filter as well..

Bought from messicks the trans oil with shipping was 10 cheaper then just the oil from my local dealer?? Wth.. Figured I'm paying for shipping for the dipstick might as well buy it from them too.. also love there YouTube vids..

Figured it was time for a oil change on the hst being the last one was done in 2008 at 14xx hours.. tractor now has 2150 hours..

Attachments