What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

powersrp

Equipment
B3350
Apr 2, 2017
Indian River MI
I cleaned up my FEL, also the spindles and wheel axles on the 3 point mower, the grease mess was getting to me, and hooking up the mower always ended with grease on my clothes, i dont know if there is a messier task on a tractor than trying to get the old grease out of those FEL joints.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I cleaned up my FEL, also the spindles and wheel axles on the 3 point mower, the grease mess was getting to me, and hooking up the mower always ended with grease on my clothes, i dont know if there is a messier task on a tractor than trying to get the old grease out of those FEL joints.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Spray WD40 is a fantastic grease/tar remover (also Mineral Spirits does a good job for less money)

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
With lawn mowing season beginning, I pulled another 1/2 dozen boulders out of my lawn.
Thankfully, I have a gravel/dirt pit so refilling the monster holes is easy

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Amongst other projects, I was able to pull my old Cockshutt corn planter out of the muck to get it ready for planting. But that's a big IF this year as it just doesn't want to dry up around here.

Cockshutt Corn Planter.jpg

RCW, this old 1930's planter would be a perfect match behind your Minneapolis Moline! :D It does draw a few onlookers when out planting along the highway.
Sheesh! You'd think nobody has ever seen manual row markers in use before!! :D I should mount a revolving old dish TV antenna on it just to really make them stop and think!!

David

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Amongst other projects, I was able to pull my old Cockshutt corn planter out of the muck to get it ready for planting. But that's a big IF this year as it just doesn't want to dry up around here.

View attachment 49528

RCW, this old 1930's planter would be a perfect match behind your Minneapolis Moline! :D It does draw a few onlookers when out planting along the highway.
Sheesh! You'd think nobody has ever seen manual row markers in use before!! :D I should mount a revolving old dish TV antenna on it just to really make them stop and think!!

David
I would love to see that in action. Post it up on YouTube!

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
I would love to see that in action. Post it up on YouTube!
Hi BigG, I don't know if I'll be able to take any videos but I'll either find or take some pics for you. :) This planter and the 2 1/2 acre sweet corn patch put both our boys through college. They started selling sweet corn out of a stand at the end of our driveway since they were in 2nd or 3rd grade. They had quite the business and reputation around here.....the corn patch has become a local landmark being about 2 miles out of town. LOL But after 18 years of it, I'm not sure what's going to give out first: The old planter, the ground, or me! We might have to finally rotate the crop to marijuana to ease my aches and pains!:D the boys are gone to their own jobs and life. I'd like to quit, but loyal customers keep begging me to keep planting.

david

Gearman

Jul 9, 2018
Woods Cross
It is so easy to click on "Preview Post" and view your post before Submitting.

It has blown the entire topic. Maybe an Admin/Mod will fix it.

Yep, did that
But as others have mentioned, this forum is ran on old software. Everything looked good on my device prior to posting

Bark at the webmaster, or forum mods....
to prevent in the future, i will not post photos and disrupt group
My apologies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BigG

Equipment
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
David,

My memories often go back to helping my folks work in the garden. Make a movie and send it to your boys. They will love the memories long after you are gone because you made them into good men.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Yep, did that
But as others have mentioned, this forum is ran on old software. Everything looked good on my device prior to posting

Bark at the webmaster, or forum mods....
My apologies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Unfortunately, there are many others that don't bother as well.

Don't complain about the 13 year old forum software or you will be asked to leave. For some reason they are really defensive about this 13 year old version.

Not just pictures would be fixed. All mobile devices would work well also. Mobile devices are another sore spot here for some reason.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I don't agree that you need to not post pictures. With today's technology virtually all phones take pictures that are crazy large but there are apps available to resize pictures. I have one on my phone that seems to work very well.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I don't agree that you need to not post pictures. With today's technology virtually all phones take pictures that are crazy large but there are apps available to resize pictures. I have one on my phone that seems to work very well.
In many cases, all you have to do is email them to yourselves before you post them. Most email programs automatically re-size the pic (or so I am told.)

The old forums software switch to a new version is a BIG DEAL if you care at all about keeping the old threads/posts. The newer versions don’t always preserve the existing threads and pics. I just went thru this for over a year with a Forum I moderate and the new host did indeed update the hosting software...but the Forums portion was kept in the old software because 15 years of information was LOST when it was transferred. Fortunately we’d kept a copy and restored it.

Learn to post pics is the answer until upgrades are more reliable.

BruceP

Equipment
G5200H
Aug 7, 2016
Richmond, Vermont, USA
How, pray tell, do propose those of us WITHOUT a cellular device (and no camera) post photos?

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
Spray WD40 is a fantastic grease/tar remover (also Mineral Spirits does a good job for less money)
I'll try it on my 30 ton boom truck's joints, like a tractor after a while it get's pretty messy near the greased joints. I've got a gallon container of WD, plus a big sprayer. Thanks for the tip!

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
...The old forums software switch to a new version is a BIG DEAL if you care at all about keeping the old threads/posts. The newer versions don’t always preserve the existing threads and pics. ...
No need to scare everyone. If you upgrade to the current version of this forum, NOTHING WILL BE LOST.

Don't be spreading fear for no reason.

Even going to a completely new product is no problem for a competent programmer, again, no need to fear an upgrade.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
You guys probably were REALLY pizzed when your telegraphs didn’t work on the new telephone systems... :D
Maybe this snarky comment reveals that guys like me with our "telegraphs" are able to resize photos as the site requires but you folks with "modern" mobile devices can't.

BigG

Equipment
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Could we get off of the topic any further? I would like to see the one or two postings about what people did today. If you want to argue about the format of the forum start another thread.

There are some people on here that want to hijack every other thread and promote their own agenda. It is getting old. If you are so anti OTT why do you keep coming back?

Now back to the regularly scheduled program.

What did you do on your Kubota today?