What brand of jeans do you wear?

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I usually buy Key brand jeans. They had a factory not too far away and had good prices and jeans fit me OK. I also have some Carhartt.

Seems like every brand I wear always begin to break down in the same place. Above the left knee a few inches the threads just wear sooner. After further washes they look about like those $425 wore out dirty, manure covered things that made the news a few weeks ago!

I get the 100% cotton, but am considering the duck material, hoping to get better wear. There must be something I'm unaware of that will last longer and not be too hot in the summer.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
I just get blue ones that are of a thicker DENIM material. Denim is a cotton material with specific weave. If it says 100% cotton.. does not mean it is Denim!!!

Any of them last longer if you do not wash them. Seriously. If you got no stains... just put them in the freezer to kill all the Germs. This is actually recommended by Levi Strauss.

Last edited:

xmikew

Equipment
L1500DT
Apr 15, 2017
Charleston
I'm not tall and the wife can get gap jeans that have a good fit that are 32 x 28 when they are on sale for about 40 dollars. I feel guilty because I'm imagining some little kid making them in Vietnam but I can't find responsibly made jeans that have a good fit and I'm very rough on jeans. Every pair eventually has the knees ripped out from playing with my kid or just working around the property. I have not tried key will have to take a look.

I only wash jeans when they get so loose I get annoyed at having to keep
Tightening belt or they get unbearably dirty. Germs? Pfft. :)

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
What ever ones fit
Same here :eek: Lately, I'm in the tweaner size. Apparently stores cater to tall and skinny, and short and fat. Not tall and fat :rolleyes:

Len, best jeans I've had were actually supplied by the uniform service at work. They were "Dickies" blue jeans. When they switched us to cargo pants, I kept a couple pair since they were gonna be tossed out anyway. They are pretty much a whitish blue now. Do have a couple holes in them. But they were my go to pants for yard work and wood. They were worn every weekend from fall through spring for several years :D

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
if im in "jeans" or jeans style pants...

its always a carpenter pant & then since it has to be FR for work anyway....

its either carhartt or Rasco's...... they both have a tighter weave for the FR part & seem to last longer for the money.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I always buy the carpenter jeans, no matter what brand. I use the pliers pockets for "storage"!

I hate switching brands because they all fit differently, and I hate shopping especially trying on clothes. But even the same brands are different in the same size! Bought two pairs of Dickies, brought them home and neither one fit good enough to keep.

And jeans have different descriptions of how they are suppose to fit. Carhartt has Traditional, Relaxed, Loose and Work dungarees. All have a description of how they are cut and how they fit your thigh and leg bottom. But those words seem to mean different to different manufactures. Also waist and inseam numbers printed on labels are inconsistent with "real" numbers. Might be quality control in Mexico, China, Bangladesh and other places of origin.

I think it's just try and hope!

Bunker Buster

Equipment
2015 L2501DT
I prefer Wranglers, been wearing them for 30+/- years (not the same pair). ;)

They always wear out right above the knee or in the crotch/thigh, but I get a lot of life out of them, till it's time to move to the next waist size up. They are pretty resilient when it comes to when I am welding, grinding or brush cutting.

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
I normally wear Wranglers carpenter jeans because I can carry my hammer, carpenter pencil, etc. when working around the house and barn and the big pockets allow me to carry a lot of other items also.

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
Wranglers, they fit right and are cheap, $16 - $17 bucks at Walmart. Tried other brands and they just don't feel right; Levis, Dickie, Cabelas, Menards (can't remember their brand).

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Carhartt is my choice, carpenter style.

Hard to find my size so I am limited, 32x36 few stores have them.

Ortimber

Sep 27, 2016
Oregon
Carhartt double knee loggers. Best ones I’ve found. Add suspenders and you’ll never have to pull your pants up no matter how loose they get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2458n

Jun 21, 2010
covington ohio
Rural King has jeans that were priced at 8.99. Bought a pair for painting. Fit like wrangler relax fit. Went back and bought 4 additional pairs. If I really wanted to be cool I would take my Carhart leather tag and have mom sew on the pocket. To old to be cool.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Been wearing the Schmidt's at Tractor Supply last few years - carpenter type. I can usually find some that fit, which can be tough at 38x36 or 34....

Not as heavy as Carhartt's, but ~ half the price.

Was trying to buy a pair of Carhartt bib overalls last week - just nothing for tall "beer-gut" guys - if I had shorter legs, I would have been golden!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I got a pair of Duluth trading company ball room jeans,, worst pair I ever owned they bind cut and dont fit right any place and they were the relaxed fit too. Back to the cheap ones

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Was happily getting the Real as Wrangler brand at TSC and now they don't have them :mad:

Was going to try Duluth, got all those glossy ads in the mail, but maybe I won't bother now.