What Attachment?

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
hmm, I'd call that a cultivator not a plow. To me a plow, has a moldboard that turns over the soil.
Farmers call them chisel plows, as differentiated from a moldboard plow. A true cultivator is for shallow weeding, not deep ripping.

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
check local farmers, ask around..since 'no-till' became the thing to do ,odds are there's a LOT of 'cultivators' looking for a new home !

MRudy86

Equipment
L4701
Jan 24, 2023
check local farmers, ask around..since 'no-till' became the thing to do ,odds are there's a LOT of 'cultivators' looking for a new home !
Unfortunately, I don't live in a farm-dense area. I am kind of an outlier. I check FB marketplace and CL all the time, but that's basically what I have to work with.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
hmm, I'd call that a cultivator not a plow. To me a plow, has a moldboard that turns over the soil.
The manufacturer calls it an "All-Purpose plow"!
You obviously have the right to call it a toothbrush if you so choose.;)

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Unfortunately, I don't live in a farm-dense area. I am kind of an outlier. I check FB marketplace and CL all the time, but that's basically what I have to work with.
We likely live within 100 miles of each other.
I strongly suspect you will not ever find what you are looking for, anywhere close by.

It looks like Wade Tractor, in Griffin, GA. has all sizes of the Bush Hog All Purpose plows available
sales@wadetractor.com
1-770-227-2021

Shipping to RI. will certainly be an issue, but I may be able to offer a shipping suggestion.
There are 6 Bush Hog dealers listed in NH, and no sales tax.

Last edited:

ddavis83864

Equipment
Kubota Grand L6060
Mar 3, 2021
Here is what I use to till our property. Just depends on how I angle the disks. Leaves a fairly smooth surface.

Enjoy!

Disk Harrow trailed by a drag harrow.
IMG_6727.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
S
We likely live within 100 miles of each other.
I strongly suspect you will not ever find what you are looking for, anywhere close by.

It looks like Wade Tractor, in Griffin, GA. has all sizes of the Bush Hog All Purpose plows available
sales@wadetractor.com
1-770-227-2021

Shipping to RI. will certainly be an issue, but I may be able to offer a shipping suggestion.
There are 6 Bush Hog dealers listed in NH, and no sales tax.
hipping isn’t an issue. When I bought my plow from EA in NC, they shipped it to me in NM though FedEx freight. It arrived at their local freight depot strapped to a pallet and I had to go pick it up. They loaded it into my truck and I unloaded it with my pallet forks. I remember freight costs only being a little over $100.

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I have that same chain harrow. I was thinking of doing that with the Cultivator.
It will takeover passes with the plow first because the rippers do have some distance between them.

MRudy86

Equipment
L4701
Jan 24, 2023
S

hipping isn’t an issue. When I bought my plow from EA in NC, they shipped it to me in NM though FedEx freight. It arrived at their local freight depot strapped to a pallet and I had to go pick it up. They loaded it into my truck and I unloaded it with my pallet forks. I remember freight costs only being a little over $100.
The place in PA that has the FC 9T cultivator is $425 shipping and the NC place is $485

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
S

Shipping rates are NOT the same for all sellers.

MRudy86

Equipment
L4701
Jan 24, 2023
Anyone wanna weigh in on if a flail mower is worth the up charge from your standard rotary mower? Gonna try and rent one of them but if that’s not possible I may pick one up.

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Anyone wanna weigh in on if a flail mower is worth the up charge from your standard rotary mower? Gonna try and rent one of them but if that’s not possible I may pick one up.
I have an offset hydraulic flail mower and a rotary cutter and they're very different animals. I would say that the rotary cutter is a one-trick pony whereas the flail is more versatile and more maneuverable. The flail will leave a better finish than the rotary cutter too, but ground speed with a flail can be slower.

Reactions: 1 users

MRudy86

Equipment
L4701
Jan 24, 2023
I have an offset hydraulic flail mower and a rotary cutter and they're very different animals. I would say that the rotary cutter is a one-trick pony whereas the flail is more versatile and more maneuverable. The flail will leave a better finish than the rotary cutter too, but ground speed with a flail can be slower.
I was looking at the woodmax 78. I’m currently cutting 10+ acres biweekly on a z turn cuz if I go any longer the fields will be too long for the z turn. Figured with the flail I could let them go longer and free up a little time for other tasks.

Last edited:

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
One thing to consider MRudy86, and that is how much time you want to spend picking rocks after tilling your land. Unless you are one of the lucky ones to one the 10% of total New England land that is rock free, using any sort of chisel plow or cultivator that everyone is pushing you to buy, will pull up every rock on the property. Then you will be picking rocks to get it so you can mow it afterwards. Ask me how I know. I farmed in New England for 45+ years and spent hundreds of hours picking rocks getting land ready to seed. That’s why using a disc harrow, and going over and over will work better. It will still get rocks up, but no where as many because you aren’t going as deep and doesn’t have that pulling up action.

MRudy86

Equipment
L4701
Jan 24, 2023
One thing to consider MRudy86, and that is how much time you want to spend picking rocks after tilling your land. Unless you are one of the lucky ones to one the 10% of total New England land that is rock free, using any sort of chisel plow or cultivator that everyone is pushing you to buy, will pull up every rock on the property. Then you will be picking rocks to get it so you can mow it afterwards. Ask me how I know. I farmed in New England for 45+ years and spent hundreds of hours picking rocks getting land ready to seed. That’s why using a disc harrow, and going over and over will work better. It will still get rocks up, but no where as many because you aren’t going as deep and doesn’t have that pulling up action.
That's a good point, I am definitely not one of the 10% haha. I have spent more time on my tractor moving rocks than just about anything else.