85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Re: When to the Dentist

Well at least you had the decency to go with silver, I always thought gold caps were tacky!:D

Wait till those teeth bite into mother earth! Some of the best money you can spend!:)

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Yup, as wolfman said. And what i usually say- (expletive) those were my new blue jeans!!
Walking around front of tractor will be a new experience im sure. Im sure you wont or cant always stop with the teeth in a downward or safe manner.

Was looking at some scrub today that could use the pirhana treatment.

origami

Equipment
'12 BX25. Previous: '95 B1700
Apr 18, 2016
Leesburg, VA
Sweet. We have the same dentist. :D

Tried mine out about 2 weeks ago and made quick work of some saplings, scrub and bramble.

rtgt

Equipment
B3200
Jul 30, 2015
Kentucky
It seems that quite a few of us have the same dentist. :D

And the same experience with out jeans...:eek:

toxcrusadr

Equipment
L4600
Apr 18, 2016
Columbia MO
I just got an L4600 with a FEL and I have some pretty old dirt piles to move. I suck at FEL work, I'm sure it will take some practice. This is clay so it's fairly compacted and I'm wondering if I need these.

The local Kubota dealer says he can order them to fit if I measure the bucket and it will be $375. No installation charge if I bring the bucket in on my trailer. I don't know what those would look like (yet), but where did you all get yours? Being custom fitted it doesn't sound like I could buy these just anywhere, do they always make them to fit?

origami

Equipment
Apr 18, 2016
Leesburg, VA
I just got an L4600 with a FEL and I have some pretty old dirt piles to move. I suck at FEL work, I'm sure it will take some practice. This is clay so it's fairly compacted and I'm wondering if I need these.

The local Kubota dealer says he can order them to fit if I measure the bucket and it will be $375. No installation charge if I bring the bucket in on my trailer. I don't know what those would look like (yet), but where did you all get yours? Being custom fitted it doesn't sound like I could buy these just anywhere, do they always make them to fit?
The Piranha bar that's shown in the original post is from BXpanded.com. Check the site out to see what they can do to fit your L4600.

socapots

Equipment
bx2360, Landpride box blade, FEL.
Nov 7, 2015
Manitoba, Canada

Call or email the people at bxpanded. I'm happy with the level of service i got.

dfh1977

Jun 3, 2013
east ky
I am asking this as a dumb question. What is the limits to what it could cut down of scrub bushes. I have a bit of hedge trees that have grown up on yard and wonder if this would help remove them from the ground using my bx23. I expect it could at very leadt rip the roots out of the bulk of them since i can pull them out of the ground by hand. Bigger sized will meet my ratchet type tree cutter and biggest get chainsawed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
If you want to eliminate the problem in those area permanently, nip them off at ground level by hand with whatever tool you have. If they are big enough to puncture a tire, take a claw hammer and remove the dirt around the growth then cut it off just below the ground level.

Buy a bottle of RTU (Ready To Use) Remedy. It has a pistol grip sprayer on most bottles. Give each stub a coating. IT"S DONE.

Now, what you call hedge trees and what I call hedge tress may be a totally different thing!!

Around these parts a hedge tree is actually Osage Orange. It grows so bushy the previous generations planted them in rows and they got so thick they became fences. No wire, no post. Cattle/humans/horses..nothing of size gets through them. They present themselves with nice thorns as warnings!

dfh1977

Jun 3, 2013
east ky
They look like the leaves of hedges you form flat tops to. But yeah it could puncher tires

origami

Equipment
Apr 18, 2016
Leesburg, VA
I am asking this as a dumb question. What is the limits to what it could cut down of scrub bushes. I have a bit of hedge trees that have grown up on yard and wonder if this would help remove them from the ground using my bx23. I expect it could at very leadt rip the roots out of the bulk of them since i can pull them out of the ground by hand. Bigger sized will meet my ratchet type tree cutter and biggest get chainsawed up.

For softer ground, I was pulling up saplings an inch or more in diameter about a week ago. With the bucket set parallel and low to the ground, the teeth on the bar would dig into the sapling and the inertia of the tractor would just wrench it from the ground. Your mileage may vary.

toxcrusadr

Equipment
L4600
Apr 18, 2016
Columbia MO
Cool, thank you gents. I think it's a 6 ft bucket. I read some other threads on the Piranha after posting, people seem to really love them.

toxcrusadr

Equipment
L4600
Apr 18, 2016
Columbia MO
Just FYI, BXPanded quoted $339 + $53 shipping for a 6-ft size for my L4600.

Still wondering how good they work for digging into old compacted soil piles or a few inches of native soil. You guys are talking about removing brush - Are the sharp teeth on these designed mostly for that? The alternative is conventional type teeth I suppose, just wondering what is going to be better on compacted dirt piles.

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
The PTB works well for digging, will increase the capability of your tractor and you will think it is bigger than it is. Made a huge difference in building a driveway and 100 tons of class 5. Standard edge very hard to get the bucket to dig into the pile, PTB on took ha;f the time & full bucket every time,,