We aren't going to make it much longer

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
You might find this interesting.

I’m a co-author on a number of papers. Every author has contributed to the research and the writing. Typically all do significant writing, reviewing, and editing. Nobody wants a do nothing co-author. Not sure what world this guy lives in?

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Reuters is wrong as much as they are right and wikipedia leans one way for anything that has a direction. I don't think you can use either of those as proof for something related to any science. Btw, you can put anything in wikipedia if you are in agreement with those who are doing the approvals.

Note: I'm not saying Turner is right or wrong. Frankly, there has been so much misinformation about climate change that I believe any details about as much as I believe the weather forecast.

They might be right. I don't think we should make drastic changes based on "might". Obviously, there are things we can do that aren't extreme and won't hurt anything. For instance, we can reduce carbon footprint by encouraging people to drive less ie carpool, work from home some of the time, not live a long distance from work, etc.
As stated, I have distrust for most information being fed to us. That includes Wiki, Turner and media. The first search I did was on NASA's website. From what I saw there NASA blames global warming on human activity. I guess NASA could have scrubbed the article. Doubt that. Also doubt anything without signatures, references, etc.

I remember when I was in school, we had a great laugh that our ancestors believed that the Horsehair Snake grew from a hair of a horse that ended up in a watering trough. Turns out many of us are no smarter than they were.

Reactions: 1 users

top gnome

Equipment
b2301 w bh fel grapple back blade snow plow forks
Dec 12, 2021
Fundy shore nova scotia
Science publications aren’t about “proof.” Science is about describing your study, methodologies, and findings. Nobody in science uses the term “proof.” Peer reviews critique the study parameters, methodologies, and results. I’m done with this explanation. You’re either trained in science, or you don’t understand.
Yes same as it ever was learned it in grade school science class. It is about continuous learning and adding to the knowledge base. The thing about school should be how to learn millions of books in the library.
1674320986542.png

top gnome

Equipment
Dec 12, 2021
Fundy shore nova scotia
something is obviously happening. None of the old timers remember weather like this. The last high tide the ocean threw up all over the shore large timbers trees and boulder 20 ft on shore. The last 6 weeks it has been way warmer and wetter than normal no snow until yesterday and it is melting today with heavy rain and 42 F degrees set again for monday. I just bought a snow plow for my tractor that I really want to dry out --so that may be why. My generation has lived better than any other in history. My wife and I started with nothing and now live better than kings and queens from generations past. But my generation and the ones before it have not been kind to mother. Some get it and understand we have to make changes some still dump waste oil on the gravel drive way to make it hold up better. or burn tires to keep a brush fire going. To each their own i guess.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
something is obviously happening. None of the old timers remember weather like this.
I'm not that old, but I remember dramatic weather swings. Maybe the "old timers" you talked to, just don't remember. ;)

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I'm not that old, but I remember dramatic weather swings. Maybe the "old timers" you talked to, just don't remember. ;)
What’s different now is that extremes are happening much more frequently.

Reactions: 1 user

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Do you have sources for that and what do you mean by more frequently?
We’re seeing things like 100 year flood events happening a couples times a decade. NOAA has documented these things.

Reactions: 2 users

Like Tractors

Equipment
Several Kubotas
Jan 1, 2020
Eastern Iowa
We’re seeing things like 100 year flood events happening a couples times a decade. NOAA has documented these things.

100 year floods...how long do you suppose the earth been here and had various weather events? Our weather statistics go back 150 years or so if I recall. The earth is just fine, burn some fossil fuels, drink some beer and enjoy life for Christ sake!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users

top gnome

Equipment
Dec 12, 2021
Fundy shore nova scotia
100 year floods...how long do you suppose the earth been here and had various weather events? Our weather statistics go back 150 years or so if I recall. The earth is just fine, burn some fossil fuels, drink some beer and enjoy life for Christ sake!
The earth will be fine. she will scrap us off. your great grandkids not so much.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
AZ has been in severe drought for decades, the forests dry as tinder, lakes at record lows, but the last few years have been getting slightly better for rain & snowfall.
This year we are setting new records for snowfall, just halfway thru winter.
If this is from global warming, I'm going to drive more & use my gas stove to bake cookies for everyone. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
AZ has been in severe drought for decades, the forests dry as tinder, lakes at record lows, but the last few years have been getting slightly better for rain & snowfall.
This year we are setting new records for snowfall, just halfway thru winter.
If this is from global warming, I'm going to drive more & use my gas stove to bake cookies for everyone. :ROFLMAO:
Oatmeal Raisin for me please!!! 🙏🙏🙏

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Same here. Im in Maine and global warming means a longer work season and lower costs to heat the house. Its why I make every Earth day the day I start and run every gas or diesel engine i own to all run at the same time. Just trying to do my part.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I remember colder but the warmer does not seem normal. maybe it is maybe not.
I remember years growing up in Vermont where it was -30 for a month. Then other years where I was hanging outside in 60° weather in January. Then another winter where the high for the month was -20° 🥶🥶🥶

We had one of the coldest weeks on record two years ago here in Arkansas. This past July was brutal. But August where we usually resemble Arizona temperatures with 80% humidity, it was actually pretty mild considering.

Whether is cyclical.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Wouldn't that mean they aren't 100 year floods? ;). It's just what they thought were 100 year floods.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
yeah '100 year' flood stat is acbased upon 150 years of 'accurate' weather reporting and logging......
right..........Actually I'm far more impressed with the 'ancients' that COULD forecast WHEN an eclipse was to be. You know BEFORE computers,slide rules,abacusses, etc.

'statistically' a '100 year' flood will occour, on average, once per 100 years.... it doesn't mean ONLY ONCE in 100 years......

BTW , for those that 'love' stats and live by them...how many results can there be by flipping a coin ? Any coin ? Your choice......

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Although there are currently no living rainforests in the Arctic, there were millions of years ago. According to new research, the Arctic was a thriving rainforest about 50 million years ago. So there ya go and most of the US was under water,, so things change never the same, our short time on earth is just a blink of an eye in the scheme of things

Reactions: 3 users

Geezer3d

Equipment
Kubota LX2610SU
Apr 22, 2021
Heart of the Catskills
I remember summers when I was a youth when the temperatures rose to over 100 F during the hottest days. That was before most people had air conditioning in their homes. I also remember years when there was a lot of snow, and years when there was very little. I don't believe that the weather has changed very much, just the reporting and interpretation of trends.