We aren't going to make it much longer

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
i saw that video of Al Gore declaring, "We're trapping as much heat as 600,000 Hiroshima class bombs exploding every day on the earth", my curiosity was awakened. I remember articles for the mid '70's- '80's declaring how we won't be able top survive in 30 years because of the cold that will overtake the Earth.

So here is scientific proof detailing out our problems.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
i saw that video of Al Gore declaring, "We're trapping as much heat as 600,000 Hiroshima class bombs exploding every day on the earth", my curiosity was awakened. I remember articles for the mid '70's- '80's declaring how we won't be able top survive in 30 years because of the cold that will overtake the Earth.

Al was a buffoon as VP and still is a buffoon.
Even Tipper could not tolerate him!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
You've got to believe Al Gore, he's a really smart guy. He invented the internet after all, he said so.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I'll offer this (short) article for those inclined to get a different perspective of what's being forced down our throats lately.

I do hope that it opens a few eyes. If only they taught "Earth Science" in schools like when I went to school...

Attachments

Last edited:

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I expect to live to be 100. Deducted my age. Not that many years left if I get to that optimistic age. Probably will not make it.

Decided to let others worry about it. Have fun doing so if it applies...

Subscribing to the "enjoy life" philosophy now...

A guy I used to work with always said "life is a bitch, then you die." No more bitch for him...we all follow the same path...like it or not...

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
My late friend ,once pulled out a 6' tape measure...so numbers 1 to 72.... said point to your age, hmm LOTS used up, not many inches( years) left !!! Some inches were 'markers' like 16,drivers license, 18 pilot license, retired ,35.. etc. I'll be 70 in a few months, 7 more then either of my parents

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
It's all about the money. Follow it and you'll find the truth.
I've worked in various aspects of commercial/ industrial construction for 25 years. From fixing chillers to programming them. The last 10 years have been in building performance, energy analysis, etc. Once a building gets the plaque for LEED, Energy Star, WELL, or whatever....they don't care. They all talk the talk. Only ONE single owner has come to us and said "we need to get this building retro-commissioned to make sure it's as efficient as we built it."
I don't think anyone really thinks the "climate change" is going to kill us off. Deep down, they'd rather keep doing what they do without a thought to the environment.

Reactions: 1 user

Tughill Tom

Equipment
B3200
Dec 23, 2013
Turin, NY
Retro-commissioning, the BIGGEST WASTE of money I ever witnessed. I had close to 30 years in Chiller, Boiler and Air handler operation/ construction and maintenance.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
I'd like to believe that NASA report, but according to Reuters it's bogus. Never heard of Hal Turner, so I googled him:

Harold Charles "Hal" Turner is an American far-right political commentator and convicted felon from North Bergen, New Jersey. Turner's viewpoints typically encompass Holocaust denial, conspiracy theories, white supremacy, and have included calls for assassination of government officials. Wikipedia

Reactions: 2 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I'd like to believe that NASA report, but according to Reuters it's bogus. Never heard of Hal Turner, so I googled him:

Harold Charles "Hal" Turner is an American far-right political commentator and convicted felon from North Bergen, New Jersey. Turner's viewpoints typically encompass Holocaust denial, conspiracy theories, white supremacy, and have included calls for assassination of government officials. Wikipedia

hahaha. figures. You just can't believe anything anymore. Everyone's full of...

Sparky Prep

Dec 24, 2022
South Florida
Global warming is real. Some of it is man-made, and some of it is natural. The solution to global warming is NOT charging people more money!!!!! That is a SCAM!!!!

Reactions: 3 users

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
I don't think you'll find truth if you follow the money. I believe you'll find an agenda to control people.

Reactions: 4 users

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Reuters is wrong as much as they are right and wikipedia leans one way for anything that has a direction. I don't think you can use either of those as proof for something related to any science. Btw, you can put anything in wikipedia if you are in agreement with those who are doing the approvals.

Note: I'm not saying Turner is right or wrong. Frankly, there has been so much misinformation about climate change that I believe any details about as much as I believe the weather forecast.

They might be right. I don't think we should make drastic changes based on "might". Obviously, there are things we can do that aren't extreme and won't hurt anything. For instance, we can reduce carbon footprint by encouraging people to drive less ie carpool, work from home some of the time, not live a long distance from work, etc.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Retro-commissioning, the BIGGEST WASTE of money I ever witnessed. I had close to 30 years in Chiller, Boiler and Air handler operation/ construction and maintenance.
Eh, I beg to differ. I've done quite a few for various reasons. As said, only one because the owner cared about efficiency. The rest were building sales, regulations, lease requirements (data centers) etc. We have often found ways to save the operator six figures annually with ROI of <6 years. Our target is a 5 year ROI generally speaking.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico

Al Gore was a politician, not a scientist. Nobody should think that he has any credibility in science. On the other hand there are plenty of good published and peer reviewed science references on climate change. It’s just as ignorant to believe anything a politician says about science as it is to discount the credible work of the science community.

Grindstone

Equipment
B2601, FEL, BH, MMM
Mar 10, 2022
CT
I wonder how many of the speakers at davos took solar powered or electric vehicles to their important climate meeting. Burn the evil fossil fuels to get together when they couldve meet via zoom.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Al Gore was a politician, not a scientist. Nobody should think that he has any credibility in science. On the other hand there are plenty of good published and peer reviewed science references on climate change. It’s just as ignorant to believe anything a politician says about science as it is to discount the credible work of the science community.
I question both. While only one do I expect to lie regularly, both do.