Universal Wheel weight?

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Got a pair of wheel weights for 50 bucks. Was told they were Universal in what they fit.

Anyone seen some like them? Hint on how to use them on an L225 beside hanging them off bumper. Thinking might need them for Winter snow removal.

I searched for some info. first but found nothing. If I missed it please aim me toward better search terms or a link.

Attachments

FTG-05

Equipment
L4330 w/FEL, RTV-XG850 and ZD326S
Jul 21, 2013
TN
A) That's not gonna fit your motorcycle - sorry, but that's just the honest truth!

B) Repost the pic with the patent info upwards and the other stuff downwards so we can see what it says - too tired to do it myself, sorry.

How many of them did you get and how much did you pay/lb?

Good luck!

bxray

Equipment
Bx25d
Dec 1, 2014
Cleveland, ohio
I have seen someone make a bracket to use weights from a barbell set.
It was an 'X' with a post.
You could use studs sticking out of it to mount them instead of a pipe.

Ray

Attachments

Last edited:

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
A) That's not gonna fit your motorcycle - sorry, but that's just the honest truth!

B) Repost the pic with the patent info upwards and the other stuff downwards so we can see what it says - too tired to do it myself, sorry.

How many of them did you get and how much did you pay/lb?

Good luck!
50 bucks a pair. got one pair. My net research shows they are about 140lb each. so that's like 5.7 cents/lb

It says W No. 162. Net Search seems to show that this is suppose to mount on top of another weight that is model W No. 161 which is the one that bolts to the wheel. Nothing found yet that the W No. 161 though bolts to a Kubota wheel. Apparently they "universal" for AMERICAN produced tractors.

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
Net Search seems to show that this is suppose to mount on top of another weight that is model W No. 161 which is the one that bolts to the wheel. Nothing found yet that the W No. 161 though bolts to a Kubota wheel. Apparently they "universal" for AMERICAN produced tractors.
Perhaps the seller meant that they only fit Universal tractors? Probably going into production real soon now. :p

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
They fit some old JD's and IH's for sure.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Geo,

I long while back, I had a student that found some old weights for me - they were about 50 lbs each....I needed weight on my 53 Jubilee, the front end was a little light when coming up a long grade that I had to work.

I studied the weights knowing full well I could NOT use them the way they were intended!!! I did come up with a cheap solution however. The hole pattern somewhat lined up with my pattern on the front wheel (those holes not being used) I could not turn them to the inside of the dish, so I flipped them around and had about a 4" space between the mating faces. I had long bolts already, 5/8" with nuts. The spacer part had me puzzled for a while. I ended up taking some sch 40 3/4" PVC pipe and cutting it to the lengths needed. Believe or not it is hard to crush that pipe end to end!!! On the inside of the ford rims the head sat perfectly - but on the outside I needed a little help. If you look closely there are pieces of aluminum on both side to act as "flat" spots to contour to the surfaces. I double nutted the ends and then cut off the excess bolt length. I also beat the aluminum around the inside to help lock it in place.

Made a huge difference - and I was surprised that in 4th gear going down the road at 20+ mph......very little wheel hop. It took me a while to get the plan together, but the cost of materials was fairly cheap.

Just an outside the box idea!

Attachments

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
While on the subject, I mounted a set of farmall cub or 140 rear wheel weights on my junkubota, the holes lined up, almost. I had to use 7/16" bolts, but the holes were about 1/2" in diameter. Hardest part was holding that heavy weight up on the wheel, while lining everything up, and seeing if it would fit. If I had it to do again, I would make a paper template of the holes in the weight, and transfer that to the wheel. If it has no holes, you'll have to drill some... Just remember to be careful, when tightening, cast iron don't react well to over torquing. If you don't get it exactly centered, it won't matter much, you ain't racing at Indy...:D

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
F&H made wheels and weights for tractors starting back when they were first put on rubber tires. Certain versions are highly sought after by John Deere and IH collectors to restore their tractors.

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
The 161 per the AC page will fit unstyled WC's and other tractors or the era, with round spoked wheels. It is a starter weight, that you bolt further weights to (162's)...:D:D

FTG-05

Equipment
L4330 w/FEL, RTV-XG850 and ZD326S
Jul 21, 2013
TN
50 bucks a pair. got one pair. My net research shows they are about 140lb each. so that's like 5.7 cents/lb

It says W No. 162. Net Search seems to show that this is suppose to mount on top of another weight that is model W No. 161 which is the one that bolts to the wheel. Nothing found yet that the W No. 161 though bolts to a Kubota wheel. Apparently they "universal" for AMERICAN produced tractors.
$50/280 lb = ~$.1785/lb. Still a smoking deal!

Check what the other person said about them being potential collector's items, you may have even gotten a better deal than you think!!!

Good luck!