Ukraine

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I keep thinking about this issue.

Just seems to me that invading another country that has not been provocative, is simply wrong.

Cannot help but see the evil in this.

What provocative means is debatable, I know. Just depends on what the perception of Provocative is.

If I get thinking about these things I just feel like throwing up.

Maybe as the US we need to invade Mexico and put the border wall on the southern Mexican border. NO I do not think this way, but perhaps some like Putin might...
True. And keep in mind that illegals come here because US employers give them jobs that US citizens don’t want to do. And these employers are never prosecuted for breaking the law. And the US government has made e-verify for hiring “voluntary.” Sounds like our business community and leadership are happy with the status quo anyways.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

Looks difficult in Eastern Ukraine.
So do you believe that Putin is trying to liberate Ukraine from tyranny?

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
I don't believe anything. especially when what I am told to believe comes from MSM.

I do KNOW that Eastern Ukraine life has been hell since 2014, and the rest of the world has done nothing about it except supply arms and munitions.

Reactions: 1 user

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
True. And keep in mind that illegals come here because US employers give them jobs that US citizens don’t want to do. And these employers are never prosecuted for breaking the law. And the US government has made e-verify for hiring “voluntary.” Sounds like our business community and leadership are happy with the status quo anyways.
No dog in such a race. BUT if people from wherever are willing to take jobs that normal USA citizens decline, what is lost?

I keep thinking about my wife's dad, who she brought back for a visit years ago. He was 86 at the time. He was here on a tourist visa, and it expired after 3 months, so became an illegal alien. After six months she took him back to Japan. BUT if someone is here doing what people here do not want to do, what do we lose? I think we actually gain...

Yes I guess this means I supported illegal immigrants. In reality though, not an issue that makes any sense in our case. OR for anyone else in this country.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I don't believe anything. especially when what I am told to believe comes from MSM.

I do KNOW that Eastern Ukraine life has been hell since 2014, and the rest of the world has done nothing about it except supply arms and munitions.
Maybe the minority of people in Eastern Ukraine who want to be Russian citizens should just move to Russia. It seems like most people in Ukraine want to be Ukrainians, not Russians.

ayak

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301 HST
Feb 16, 2018
WV
So do you believe that Putin is trying to liberate Ukraine from tyranny?
More like he’s trying to liberate their coal and other riches below ground. Seems too coincidental that 90% of the coal in Ukraine is found in those two areas Putin is setting free from tyranny. And yet the coal mine 5 mi down the road from me in WV is owned by a Ukrainian company…

ayak

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3301 HST
Feb 16, 2018
WV
Maybe the minority of people in Eastern Ukraine who want to be Russian citizens should just move to Russia. It seems like most people in Ukraine want to be Ukrainians, not Russians.
…but leave the coal where it is.

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
Look if you are just a Putin apologist why not come out and say it? This video is just so much bullshit Russian make believe!

Or is this just some alternative truth?
I merely share perspectives that challenge MY conceptions, feeling they may give rise to consideration by others who may be interested.

Are you a neo-con?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I've watch every media outlet ( both sides) and account of what's going on.
At this time I don't really care about the political side of it, that doesn't really matter at this moment.

I haven't seen a lot of accounts on the Ukrainian side of this that are being falsified, yea there are some, but if anything the ones I have seen are not being done to falsify or lie, but being done to prop up the Ukrainian people and military to help them not give up hope on what they are fighting for.

I've seen lots of accounts on the other side (Belarus, Russian) that can't be substantiated or proven with any real validity.
One fine Example:
Denazification of their government and leaders, The president of Ukraine is Jewish, so that makes no sense.

Putin claims that the Ukrainian people want this war and want to be back with Russia, if they did want this, why isn't there protests and movements to show this? There isn't, there are Ukrainian citizens trying to guard and protect anything they can.

Putin want's the USSR back, he's said as much, and it looks like he's doing anything he can to make it happen.

If Putin was so worried about NATO, the EU, USA using Ukraine to get closer the Russia, why would you move closer to places they are already at?

Think about it this way,
You have a party 1 and you have party 2, they don't like each other, and you have party 3 and both sides like them.
Party 1 has a house on one side of party 3, and party2 has a house on the other side of party 3's house, so 1-3-2.
Why would you steal party 3's house just to be closer to party 1 ???

Reactions: 1 user

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
At this time I don't really care about the political side of it, that doesn't really matter at this moment.

I haven't seen a lot of accounts on the Ukrainian side of this that are being falsified, yea there are some, but if anything the ones I have seen are not being done to falsify or lie, but being done to prop up the Ukrainian people and military to help them not give up hope on what they are fighting for.

I've seen lots of accounts on the other side (Belarus, Russian) that can't be substantiated or proven with any real validity.
One fine Example:
Denazification of their government and leaders, The president of Ukraine is Jewish, so that makes no sense.

Putin claims that the Ukrainian people want this war and want to be back with Russia, if they did want this, why isn't there protests and movements to show this? There isn't, there are Ukrainian citizens trying to guard and protect anything they can.

Putin want's the USSR back, he's said as much, and it looks like he's doing anything he can to make it happen.

If Putin was so worried about NATO, the EU, USA using Ukraine to get closer the Russia, why would you move closer to places they are already at?

Think about it this way,
You have a party 1 and you have party 2, they don't like each other, and you have party 3 and both sides like them.
Party 1 has a house on one side of party 3, and party2 has a house on the other side of party 3's house, so 1-3-2.
Why would you steal party 3's house just to be closer to party 1 ???
If I have heard correctly from the Putin proclamation on action, there is no plan or intent to occupy Ukraine by the Russians. In that way, the country continues to act as a buffer region against placement of NATO arms adjacent to Russia borders. What actually transpires east and west of the Dnieper is anyone's guess.

Those details may be inaccurate. As I said, I believe nothing, especially if it comes through the filters of MSM , from either side.

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
Look if you are just a Putin apologist why not come out and say it? This video is just so much bullshit Russian make believe!

Or is this just some alternative truth?
Do you happen to be familair with the speaker? I know nothing of him. Just a chance video suggested on another forum.

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
[snip]
Putin claims that the Ukrainian people want this war and want to be back with Russia, {snip}
Can you provide references to these statements? I would like to know the reality.

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Might want to ask the Native Americans about this. My wife's ancestors did a pretty good job of taking over their country.

Tornado

May 7, 2019
usa
My reading over the years on the Dontetsk and Luhansk regions has been that they are ruled by separatists. Separatists who function a lot like North Korea. People being thrown in concentration camps for made up charges. Being being tortured, kept it inhumane cellars, even mutilated. Most of the horror you read about from that region are from the pro Russian separatists who still worship the likes of Joseph Linen, and who rule the people with a harsh communist regime.

I am not an expert on the region or its politics, but the little reading Ive done and the little Ive watched about the region and seen over the years, I dont see how Putin or anyone has any leg to stand on if you are to use this region as some justification for leveling the entire country of Ukraine, driving millions from their homes and murdering thousands of civilians. Where is your logic? What in these regions do you think justifies what is happening?

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
My reading over the years on the Dontetsk and Luhansk regions has been that they are ruled by separatists. Separatists who function a lot like North Korea. People being thrown in concentration camps for made up charges. Being being tortured, kept it inhumane cellars, even mutilated. Most of the horror you read about from that region are from the pro Russian separatists who still worship the likes of Joseph Linen, and who rule the people with a harsh communist regime.

I am not an expert on the region or its politics, but the little reading Ive done and the little Ive watched about the region and seen over the years, I dont see how Putin or anyone has any leg to stand on if you are to use this region as some justification for leveling the entire country of Ukraine, driving millions from their homes and murdering thousands of civilians. Where is your logic? What in these regions do you think justifies what is happening?
Yes, each coin has two sides.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
If I have heard correctly from the Putin proclamation on action, there is no plan or intent to occupy Ukraine by the Russians. In that way, the country continues to act as a buffer region against placement of NATO arms adjacent to Russia borders. What actually transpires east and west of the Dnieper is anyone's guess.

Those details may be inaccurate. As I said, I believe nothing, especially if it comes through the filters of MSM , from either side.
You probably heard correctly, and of course it is BS. There is no plan to occupy a country after the aggressor destroys it?

If not, what do does the aggressor gain? Just a country that hates the aggressor more and will move away from the aggressor rather than closer.