turnin up the injector pump

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
is it even possable to turn the injector pump up on a B6200 and if so how
brockkrak,
You have me really wondering now what you are doing with your Kuobota. Are you pushing/pulling loads so heavy that your tractor is taxed beyond it's limit?

Come clean buddy, it's ok.

Inquiring minds want to know :D

Scott

k4me

Equipment
b7100hst (early)
Feb 7, 2010
Erie, CO USA
I'm surely not a diesel or Kubota expert (I did stay at a Holiday Inn last week:)), but I'd think if there was much more normally aspirated power available that Kubota engineers would have used it. Now if you want to add a turbo and pack in more air, then I think you could use more fuel!

You aren't just looking for a pillar of black smoke like the diesel tractor pullers put out, are you?

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
is it even possable to turn the injector pump up on a B6200 and if so how
Good luck finding someone to give you the answer to that one. I can explain how if you like but it depends on what you are expecting. You may get 1 or 2 more hp out of it but that will come with clouds of black soot. The small displacement engines such as yours have so little room to work with. Generally they are maxed from the factory.:D

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
These tractors are not are not hot rods and street machines. You can NOT turn up and modify anything, nor can you bolt on anything to increase power. It's a 3 to 4 cylinder diesel engine that is tough as nails to begin with. The only way to get more power is to sell it and buy a larger Kubota. A Kubota tractor will loose its traction long before it will loose power.

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
You can have the pump "rodded" up built to deliver more fuel and the injectors tweaked at a diesel shop to handle the extra squirt, you could crank on the fuel limiter screw, and re-adjust the throttle stop, I suppose.

I just don't know what you would do with 310HP on your B6200!
Maye this is what he is looking for...HA!

orangeburner99

Equipment
1975 L175
Mar 4, 2010
Colorado
Ive seriously thought about how hard it would be to mount up a turbo on one of these. Im really big in high performance diesels (pickups). Not looking for a dragster but to put out a little more ummphh. Ive been bored over the winter and am mocking up a turbo off a small yanmar gernerator.

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Ive seriously thought about how hard it would be to mount up a turbo on one of these. Im really big in high performance diesels (pickups). Not looking for a dragster but to put out a little more ummphh. Ive been bored over the winter and am mocking up a turbo off a small yanmar gernerator.
Keep us updated if you actually get it done.

Scott

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
While I have this thing apart I might even be bored enough to do a little porting to the little thing!
Promise that you will let us know about your failures as well as your success's.

I don't know about your engine compartment but mine doesn't even have enough room to take a deep breath. You may be looking at fabricating an entire new engine cover, at the least.

Do you have a big enough drill bit to punch a hole in you bank account to do this procedure?

Scott

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Ya know i often wondered how you could get all 4 wheels off the ground with a tractor,,, Wonders how fast he was goin

MikeyA

Equipment
2016 B2650 FEL and 60"mmm,1998 B2400 MMM FEL(sold!) BB 4ft BRUSH HOG
Mar 6, 2010
West Central Illinois
Power is heat, and the cooling system doesn't have a big margin. Is the system on these similar to a B7100? The B7100 doesn't have a water pump and relies on the thermocycle principal too circulate the coolant. With that in mind , I wouldn't think there would be much reserve cooling capacity if one were to throw more coals on the fire!!

orangeburner99

Equipment
1975 L175
Mar 4, 2010
Colorado
Promise that you will let us know about your failures as well as your success's.

I don't know about your engine compartment but mine doesn't even have enough room to take a deep breath. You may be looking at fabricating an entire new engine cover, at the least.

Do you have a big enough drill bit to punch a hole in you bank account to do this procedure?

Scott
One word fabrication! I have tons of spare parts from building trucks laying around. I will share my successes and losses. Hardest part is an oil supply to the turbo. Piping and hood fab not to hard.

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
One word fabrication! I have tons of spare parts from building trucks laying around. I will share my successes and losses. Hardest part is an oil supply to the turbo. Piping and hood fab not to hard.
I can tell the wheels in your head have been spinning.

This reminded me of somebody else that played with turbos.

Here is the link to his site. Warning - you will crap yourself :p