True or False......... China???

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Received this from a friend, but I haven't validated any of the claims. I will leave that to you the reader to verify, pick it apart, or do what you will with the following information.

CHINA -

In the near future, China will employ millions of American workers and dominate thousands of small communities all over the United States. Chinese acquisition of US businesses set a new all-time record last year, and it is on pace to shatter that record this year.

The Smithfield Foods acquisition is a great example. Smithfield Foods is the largest pork producer and processor in the world. It has facilities in 26 US states, and it employs tens of thousands of Americans It directly owns 460 farms and has contracts with about 2,100 others. But now a Chinese company has bought it for $ 4.7 billion, and that means that the Chinese will now be the most important employer in dozens of rural communities all over America.

Thanks in part to our massively bloated trade deficit with China, the Chinese have trillions of dollars to spend. They are only just starting to exercise their economic muscle.

It is important to keep in mind that there is often not much of a difference between "the Chinese government" and "the Chinese corporations". In 2011, 43 percent of all profits in China were produced by companies where the Chinese government had a controlling interest.

Last year a Chinese company spent $2.6B to purchase AMC entertainment, one of the largest movie theatre chains in the United States. Chinese companies control more movie ticket sales than anyone else in the world.

But China is not just relying on acquisitions to expand its economic power.

"Economic beachheads" are being established all over America. For example, Golden Dragon Precise Copper Tube Group, Inc. recently broke ground on a $100M plant in Thomasville, Alabama. Many of the residents of Thomasville, Alabama will be glad to have jobs, but it will also become yet another community that will now be heavily dependent on Communist China.

And guess where else Chinese companies are putting down roots? DETROIT.

Chinese-owned companies are investing in American businesses and new vehicle technology, selling everything from seat belts to shock absorbers in retail stores, and hiring experienced engineers and designers in an effort to soak up the talent and expertise of domestic automakers and their suppliers.

If you recently purchased an "American-made" vehicle, there is a really good chance that it has a number of Chinese parts in it. Industry analysts are hard-pressed to put a number on the Chinese suppliers in the United States.

China is very interested in acquiring energy resources in the United States.

For example, China is actually mining for coal in the mountains of Tennessee. Guizhou Gouchuang Energy Holdings Group spent 616 million dollars to acquire Triple H Coal Co. in Jacksboro, Tennessee.

At the time, that acquisition really didn't make much news, but now a group of conservatives in Tennessee is trying to stop the Chinese from blowing up their mountains and taking their coal.

And pretty soon China may want to build entire cities in the United States just like they have been doing in other countries. Right now China is actually building a city larger than Manhattan just outside Minsk, the capital of Belarus.

Are you starting to get the picture yet? China is on the rise and has been for a long time while America plays political games.

If you doubt this, just read the following:

When you total up all imports and exports, China is now the number one trading nation on the entire planet.

# Overall, the US has run a trade deficit with China over the past decade that comes to more than 23 trillion dollars.

# China has more foreign currency reserves than anyone else on the planet.

# China now has the largest new car market in the entire world.

# China now produces more than twice as many automobiles as does the United States.

# After being bailed out by US taxpayers, GM is involved in 11 joint ventures with Chinese companies.

# China is the number one gold producer in the world.

# The uniforms for the US Olympic team were made in China (not since 2008).

# 85% of all artificial Christmas trees the world over are made in China.

# The new World Trade Center tower in New York includes glass imported from China.

# China now consumes more energy than does the United States.

# China is now in aggregate the leading manufacturer of goods in the entire world.

# China uses more cement than the rest of the world combined.

# China is now the number one producer of wind and solar power on the entire globe.

# China produces 3 times as much coal and 11 times as much steel as the United States does.

# China produces more than 90 percent of the global supply of rare earth elements.

# China is now the number one supplier of components that are critical to the operation of any national defense system.

# In published scientific research articles, China will become number one in the world very shortly.
And what we have seen so far may just be the tip of the iceberg.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Well they are a large country. As is India as well. Not surprising that eventually the largest countries would have greater economic power, just as we do over smaller countries currently. Just the way things work as economic power equalizes...Most over 50 years old today will probably be long gone before things shake out...

Edit: I dislike it too. But it is the way of the world far as I can see. So I accept it...

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Guess who owns AMC theaters based in Kansas City? Yep, go to a movie is no different than purchasing items from Walmart!

Reactions: 1 users

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I have heard that the Germans, have been buying up the small Mom and Pop water companies and the smaller gas suppliers. Truth be told I dont know for sure but around here the small Mom and Pop companies have gotten new names

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
I have heard that the Germans, have been buying up the small Mom and Pop water companies and the smaller gas suppliers. Truth be told I dont know for sure but around here the small Mom and Pop companies have gotten new names
Not sure who's behind it, but water and sewer authorities in PA have been informed that we may receive offers from "buyers". The way it works is they pay whatever (high) price you want for the service area. The buyer then assigns values the service based on the inflated price they paid to establish new rates. The PUC then allows the new owner to raise the rates based on the cost of the purchase.

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
That is all true I believe. There are some restrictions on what foreign entities can buy. The asians as a people are quick to embrace opportunity. Elon Must has recently commented on how the Chinese work smarter and harder than anyone else in the world. Here we worry and waste time on the WOKE agenda. Immigrant success is nothin new. Hungry is the word. A large percentage of the students enrolled at the top engineering schools are are foreigners these days. Some stay after graduating but many return home. Medical schools and physicians ...forgetaboutit. Again, hungry for success, achievement , and a better life. I have several friends and neighbors who are "off the boat" so to speak and I consider their focus and commitment to work and family refreshing. Our school district offers the Chinese language as an option. I wouldn't worry about it.

Geezer3d

Equipment
Kubota LX2610SU
Apr 22, 2021
Heart of the Catskills
It is obvious that China would like to eventually control the entire world. Their current strategy is to use legitimate economic methods. At first we benefit from them providing goods at lower prices than we could provide them domestically at the expense of their own people who have to do the work for a low standard of living. In the long term, once other countries no longer own the facilities and resources to produce their own goods China will raise their prices, which they have already done for some resources they provide, for example rare earth. Of course the problem that some people may not recognize, is that China is a communist country that does not allow their own citizens the freedom to live the way they choose. The liberty and freedom of choice that we are accustomed to in our lives does not exist there.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
China is no different than most other countries about 'World dominense'(sp), that's as old as the hills and the dinosaur poo that made them....
If you don't think China isn't already #1, then consider what would happen if the USA did a 100% embargo,similar to what they did to Cuba ? By 100% , I mean NOTHING gets sold to China and NOTHING can be imported that has a 'made in China' sticker on it. 1st off, as soon as anything with a computer in it...well, it ain't going to be repaired or replaced. Quick, what doesn't HAVE a 'computer' in it ?? It's not just cellphones, it's cars, trucks, tractors..sure you can grow food until the tractor breaks down... trucks break down, food can't be delivered, and WHO is going to WALK to the stores when their car won't start ? That's just the 'tip of the iceberg' .

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
China is no different than most other countries about 'World dominense'(sp), that's as old as the hills and the dinosaur poo that made them....
If you don't think China isn't already #1, then consider what would happen if the USA did a 100% embargo,similar to what they did to Cuba ? By 100% , I mean NOTHING gets sold to China and NOTHING can be imported that has a 'made in China' sticker on it. 1st off, as soon as anything with a computer in it...well, it ain't going to be repaired or replaced. Quick, what doesn't HAVE a 'computer' in it ?? It's not just cellphones, it's cars, trucks, tractors..sure you can grow food until the tractor breaks down... trucks break down, food can't be delivered, and WHO is going to WALK to the stores when their car won't start ? That's just the 'tip of the iceberg' .
Those are great questions…here are a couple more…why does our govt borrow from China to give to others? Or, why China companies want to give us employment while our govt encourages outsourcing of our industries to other countries? At least China trying to keep us employed/productive…may not be for good reasons…but I think it’s far worse for people right here to try to keep us unemployed/non productive.

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
My friend has a JD 3039r and the cast steel loader brackets have "Made in China" in 1" letters.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Those are great questions…here are a couple more…why does our govt borrow from China to give to others? Or, why China companies want to give us employment while our govt encourages outsourcing of our industries to other countries? At least China trying to keep us employed/productive…may not be for good reasons…but I think it’s far worse for people right here to try to keep us unemployed/non productive.
I don’t think the government is encouraging outsourcing of industries. I think that is the decision of corporate boards focusing on maximizing shareholder value.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I think you can find the sale of properties in California for the past several months (actually years) where houses were listed and then a bidding war began was fueled by individuals and companies from China.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I don’t think the government is encouraging outsourcing of industries. I think that is the decision of corporate boards focusing on maximizing shareholder value.
I think tax incentives, policy and regulation help boards make those decisions. We may be splitting hairs on the verbiage, but if that doesn’t (have some impact) discourage employment it would be hard to argue that it helps.

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I think tax incentives, policy and regulation help boards make those decisions. We may be splitting hairs on the verbiage, but if that doesn’t (have some impact) discourage employment it would be hard to argue that it helps.
I think the government should offer tax breaks to companies that return manufacturing to the US and make them pay the taxes back if they offshore again.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Our government should be like the governments around the world that don't allow foreign investment in the country's land.

As of 1 January 2022, the ban prohibits people who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents from buying residential properties, and imposes a C$10,000 fine on those who breach it.
Some provinces have strict restrictions on the number of acres owned by foreigners or corporations, while others allow non-residents to buy up agricultural land unrestricted.

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
I think the government should offer tax breaks to companies that return manufacturing to the US and make them pay the taxes back if they offshore again.
New York is famous for giving property and sales tax breaks to attract business. Well, somebody has to pay for the new required infrastructure, schools, and such. That somebody is the home owners in the state.

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
I think we should try free enterprise again, it built this country many years ago.

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Companies know to use forced (slave) labor in China.
More than a few US owned companies.

Abercrombie & Fitch, Acer, Adidas, Alstom, Amazon, Apple, ASUS, BAIC, Motor, BMW, Bombardier, Bosch, BYD, Calvin Klein, Candy, Carter’s, Cerruti 1881, Changan Automobile, Cisco, CRRC, Dell, Electrolux, Fila, Founder Group, GAC Group (automobiles), Gap, Geely Auto, General Motors, Google, Goertek, H&M, Haier, Hart Schaffner Marx, Hisense, Hitachi, HP, HTC, Huawei, iFlyTek, Jack & Jones, Jaguar, Japan Display Inc., L.L.Bean, Lacoste, Land Rover, Lenovo, LG, Li-Ning, Mayor, Meizu, Mercedes-Benz, MG, Microsoft, Mitsubishi, Mitsumi, Nike, Nintendo, Nokia, The North Face, Oculus, Oppo, Panasonic, Polo Ralph Lauren, Puma, Roewe, SAIC Motor, Samsung, SGMW, Sharp, Siemens, Skechers, Sony, TDK, Tommy Hilfiger, Toshiba, Tsinghua Tongfang, Uniqlo, Victoria’s Secret, Vivo, Volkswagen, Xiaomi, Zara, Zegna, ZTE.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Yep.. Still in Love with ..”Free Enterprise”..??

jyoutz

Equipment
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
I think we should try free enterprise again, it built this country many years ago.
Free enterprise is why companies have offshored production. More profitable to do so.

• Dislike