Tractor tire sealant that works with fluid filled rear tires

motherneff

Apr 14, 2022
Texas
Trying to buy a new Kubota and narrow down options. My dealer tells me that they no longer carry any tire sealant products that work with fluid-filled rear tires. They said they used to. They might be open to me buying it and bringing it to them to install the sealant when they fill the rear tires. I will be using the tractor in mesquites and sealant is a must. Anyone have any suggestions of what works best with fluid in the tires? Thanks

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois

I have used Tire Ject to fix flats and I know a few guys at work use it in the ATVs to prevent leaks. What I don't know is if it can be used with fluid in your tire because my fluid filled tires have not had a leak (thankfully).

I question if it can be used with fluid since it is water soluble for easy clean up, but maybe you could drop the company an email and ask them for recommendations and let us know what you find out.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

I have used Tire Ject to fix flats and I know a few guys at work use it in the ATVs to prevent leaks. What I don't know is if it can be used with fluid in your tire because my fluid filled tires have not had a leak (thankfully).

I question if it can be used with fluid since it is water soluble for easy clean up, but maybe you could drop the company an email and ask them for recommendations and let us know what you find out.
Effective use of any tire sealant product described as being water soluble, yet to fix fluid filled tires, seems highly unlikely.

Last edited:

motherneff

Apr 14, 2022
Texas
So in case anyone else is looking for this, the only product out there I've found that seems made for sealing ballast filled tires is some stuff called Multiseal Hydro 1500. It's supposedly made for this application. If anyone has ever used it let us know how it worked. Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yea I would foam fill the tires as it will give you the greatest ballast weight and make it impossible to flatten them.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Yea I would foam fill the tires as it will give you the greatest ballast weight and make it impossible to flatten them.
I have some tires that were originally ballast filled with Rim Guard, and they have cracks in the rubber. Could I remove the rim guard and have them foam-filled even though they have age cracks, or are they too old to be worth the expense?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I have some tires that were originally ballast filled with Rim Guard, and they have cracks in the rubber. Could I remove the rim guard and have them foam-filled even though they have age cracks, or are they too old to be worth the expense?
Yes you could, Warning it's not cheap!

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Is it more expensive than buying new tires?
But you only going to do it one time, and have the satisfaction of going where ever you need to without concern! So to truly evaluate the cost add the new tire and the cost of liquid and labor to install the weight.

blb228

Apr 18, 2022
PA
Throwing in some of my knowledge and experience from the Tire Sealant side. I would not rely on mixing a tire sealant with a tire ballast product and expect it to perform well. I generally recommend tire sealant like tireject (Stan's Sealant is the OG of the good stuff that actually uses a pH reactivity with latex to create repairs and prevent flats) be installed on the front tires for larger tractors.