Tractor lift arm balls

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Probably depends on your use- mowing grass over damp ground, I would say yes; box blade work in dry, dusty ground (like out here) I would say no. Any grease will attract dirt & grit & wear things faster than if they were dry. I zap mine occasionally with a dry silicone spray, and I'm told dry graphite spray works even better, but can be messy on clothes, hands, etc..

Phoebus

Equipment
BX2670
Mar 20, 2015
Nova Scotia
I spray then down with fluid film every so often, just to keep them from rusting and seizing. Makes it easier to mount the snowblower in the fall.

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
If you opt for grease, that means very frequently, such as once a day. Otherwise see the comments above. I've seen too many problems that come from being overly concerned about keeping things clean. The City of Madison, WI water department wanted to keep the trucks looking as near new as possible. So they washed their trucks every night, especially in winter to wash off salt. It didn't take too many years before the rust holes were so bad that they spent lots of bucks on new trucks well before the usual usages. That nightly cleaning stopped.

CountryBumkin

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370 w/LA243, Bucket, Grapple, QA Pallet Forks, 60" MMM, rear blade & rake
Sep 27, 2015
Central FL
I hope no one here is hanging a couple of large Nuts off the back of their tractor. :eek: Save those for the pickup. :D

frysl

Equipment
L3301 LA525 FEL & FDR1672 6' Finish Mower
Jun 13, 2016
Sumner County, TN
I spray then down with fluid film every so often, just to keep them from rusting and seizing. Makes it easier to mount the snowblower in the fall.
2nd on the fluid film. I then wipe the overspray off and call it good.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
I farmed for 30+ years, I don't know of anyone who grease the lower arm balls. They are designed to be run dry to keep dirt from collecting and wearing them out.