Towing B2601 with 14 ft trailer - SA or TA

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
I picked up some stone today at an equipment rental place (they sell landscape supplies too). As I was leaving, a guy pulled out of the lot just ahead of me towing a wheeled bobcat skid steer (a rather large one, I'm guessing every bit of 8K) on a short tandem trailer with his sporty SUV. I don't know what flavor it was, but it was of the smaller/new sporty type. I could only shake my head and be happy that he was headed in the opposite direction from where I needed to go.

Just how in the hell would an equipment rental place do something like that?:(

Ok. I'm done here.

carry on.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
I picked up some stone today at an equipment rental place (they sell landscape supplies too). As I was leaving, a guy pulled out of the lot just ahead of me towing a wheeled bobcat skid steer (a rather large one, I'm guessing every bit of 8K) on a short tandem trailer with his sporty SUV. I don't know what flavor it was, but it was of the smaller/new sporty type. I could only shake my head and be happy that he was headed in the opposite direction from where I needed to go.

Just how in the hell would an equipment rental place do something like that?:(

Ok. I'm done here.

carry on.

I agree. He rented it to tow a Craftsman lawn tractor... !!!!

I'm done here too. Be Safe

Alexisferos

Equipment
L-1501 DT
Oct 24, 2013
Greece
I also own a B2601, and it's been fantastic for my needs. When finding a trailer, I also had to consider weight limits due to my towing vehicle's capacity. Like you, I didn't see the point in spending much money on a new trailer, especially given the weight restrictions.

What worked for me was going for a used trailer. After searching, I landed on a solid deal at boom and bucket. They had a great selection of used trailers that fit my needs without breaking the bank. I chose a used 14 ft. single-axle trailer, perfect for hauling my B2601 without exceeding my vehicle's towing capacity.

Last edited:

VaGlock

Equipment
B2601 FEL - BH
Jun 28, 2020
Central Va.
I also own a B2601, and it's been fantastic for my needs. When finding a trailer, I also had to consider weight limits due to my towing vehicle's capacity. Like you, I didn't see the point in spending much money on a new trailer, especially given the weight restrictions.
Out of curiosity what trailer did you go with and what tow rig are you using? I have the B2601 TLB and have a 2014 Tacoma Sport with tow package, still have no trailer.

Alexisferos

Equipment
L-1501 DT
Oct 24, 2013
Greece
Out of curiosity what trailer did you go with and what tow rig are you using? I have the B2601 TLB and have a 2014 Tacoma Sport with tow package, still have no trailer.
I chose the 14 ft. single-axle trailer

Reactions: 1 user

Firstgear

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560LE, Grapple, bucket, snow plow, forks, stump bucket
May 16, 2023
Kennebunkport, Maine
My 16’ aluminum trailer. Bought it to carry my SXS 4 Seater and any of my Corvettes or street rods. Works real well with our L3560. Hauled it from Ohio to Maine, 800 miles.

IMG_7252.jpeg

IMG_5247.jpeg

Plant 175

Equipment
Kubota Sidekick
Jun 3, 2021
Wisconsin
I have a 10’ Aluma heavy duty single axel for my 2601 haven’t put it on it but I hope I’m ok.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
A bare 2601 is 8' long, so hopefully you can find the 'sweet spot' to haul it.
You should have brakes on the trailer though !!!