Tipped B2601. Ooops

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
In addition to Geohorn's comment to keep the bucket low as possible at all times, the same goes for the 3 point implements. From the OP's pic it looks like the rear box scraper was up quite a ways although while tipping over it might have slid to that position anyway with no down pressure. In any case and for safety's sake the same advice applies to both ends of the tractor. To keep the center of gravity low, both the loader and 3pt. implements should be kept at the lowest possible level.

If on uneven ground or working on a slope with the loader I always keep one hand on the loader valve and am ready to dump/lower the loader boom as fast as possible at the point where you know it's becoming unstable. Then its the same for the 3 point hitch and time to reassess the situation.

Glad you're ok and hopefully with little to no ill effects suffered to your nice tractor!!

Reactions: 1 users

802Driver

Equipment
LX2610SU 60" Bucket Land Pride54" Box Blade Farm King 4572 Rear Blade
May 18, 2020
Manitoba, Canada
As stated above, if you feel the tendency of the tractor starting to tip, immediately drop your bucket to the ground, it may greatly improve the chances of not tipping over.

Reactions: 5 users

Freeheeler

Equipment
b2650 tlb
Aug 16, 2018
Knoxville, TN
First, I'd like to say I'm glad you are OK, and I'm sure the tractor will be fine too. Live and learn, with the emphasis on live.
I don't want to open an old can of stale worms and cause a fuss, so a simple yes or no would be great. Sounds like a slow roll over where you had time to both turn off the key and remove yourself from the tractor safely. Heads up thinking on your part, you were paying attention. Hopefully others can learn from your experience. So, was the ROPS up and were your wearing your seat belt? Just curious.

NetMagi

Equipment
BX25D (sold), L2501HST w/BH77 Backhoe
Dec 30, 2014
Pennsylvania
When i took my rear snowblower off this year i let it down on a pallet, then picked it up with pallet forks to put in barn b4 my backhoe went on. Was being super careful and going slow with forks low, but the tiniest of holes on a slight grade started me going over. I jammed the stick into float and it set right back down. Keep ur hand on the stick.

i’m spoiled by the bh77 as counterweight and with it off was miscalculating what i could and couldnt do. Blower only weighs ~500lbs, but it was too much.

Reactions: 1 user

Hodag Kubota

Sep 15, 2020
First, I'd like to say I'm glad you are OK, and I'm sure the tractor will be fine too. Live and learn, with the emphasis on live.
I don't want to open an old can of stale worms and cause a fuss, so a simple yes or no would be great. Sounds like a slow roll over where you had time to both turn off the key and remove yourself from the tractor safely. Heads up thinking on your part, you were paying attention. Hopefully others can learn from your experience. So, was the ROPS up and were your wearing your seat belt? Just curious.
ROPS was up. Seat belt was on. It’s amazing how fast you can do, or undo things when you need to.

tractorX

Equipment
KUBOTA L2501 DT 5' BOX BLADE 42" FORKS PIRANHA TB 5' BUSH HOG 6' GRADER
Sep 27, 2013
Rock Spring GA.
back in 13 i was hit (cars fault) by a car while riding my motorcycle. was airlifted and spent 10 weeks in icu. took 1 year of therapy to learn how to walk again... too much trauma to list. im disabled now.
during one of my MANY follow ups with my ortho doc, we got on a discussion about tractors/heavy equipment. doc said he sees just as many accidents involving tractors vs motorcycles. starting to think he's right... never doubt a orthopedic trauma dr.
glad you're ok!