Thinking about buying a boat

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Damn...I wish I was smart enough to get those meme things.........had a couple great ideas (for me).....

Do you have to be a millennial to unlock access to them?!?! :unsure:

I'm crowding 60, and it seems like it's a private club or something....

Hell, I just figured out how to record on the VCR, and now that's gone..... 😲 😲

Reactions: 1 user

SteveBX23

Equipment
LX2610SU; BH77
May 23, 2021
South Jersey
I want a boat as well, and then I go on a friends 32’ center console. Then I quickly rethink that 🤑

• Haha

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Damn...I wish I was smart enough to get those meme things.........had a couple great ideas (for me).....

memes or gifs? 🤪

Are you wanting to post some? I can give you a crash course lol

ccoon520

Equipment
L2501 w/ FEL
Apr 15, 2019
IA

I'm crowding 60, and it seems like it's a private club or something....

Hell, I just figured out how to record on the VCR, and now that's gone..... 😲 😲
Open a picture with microsoft paint and then insert text box and type.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Ya know its funny but I read an article a while back about the same thing using fishing boats to drag nets and gather up the floating stuff. I thought that a good idea, then I thought, OK ya got it all gathered up,, now what ya gona do wit it ?

Reactions: 1 users

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Go on YouTube and look for people living aboard boats. Unless you have a lot of money the experience is not for most people.
I spent the first 12 years of my life on a boat. Only time not, was at school. Out of school for 3 months, on the boat for 3 months-straight-groceries at the marina, etc. Ate a lot of fish (carp, catfish, whatever).

It's not all it's cracked up to be

from 14-30, I could've cared less about being on/in a boat and can't remember too many times I was if any at all. At 30 I bought a little flat bottom and used it locally. It was small, but fine for the smaller lakes. The bigger lake, was typically a 3-8 mile trip to "the hole(s)" depending on which one(s), and that little boat going 6.5 mph was a LONG (and eventful) ride. Opportunity came, to buy a $700 18' bass boat that needed a good bit of work, so I bought it and fixed it. Used it quite a bit. Discovered a local world-class river full of trout (among other things) and tried to use the bass boat there...no way!! I could go maybe a half mile either direction of the ramp, then the motor was dragging bottom, or rocks, or sometimes the hull itself drafts too deep, gets hung up, etc. Sold it and bought another flat bottom, 25hp, and it does everything I need. It's also small but big enough for two comfortably and just barely big enough to take the bigger lake......in the middle of summer when the wakeboard moron's are out it can get a little unnerving but I try to stay FAR away from them people. I had one guy this past summer, drove right past me at the no-wake zone, he was on the throttle, flipped me the bird and when we get to the dock he told me to get my little piece of trash off of "his" water. I just laughed. I loaded up in under a minute, and waited on him at the entrance to the park. One he was behind me, it was a 10mph ride from there to the highway, about 9 1/4 miles, 2 lanes, nowhere to pass.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I want a boat as well, and then I go on a friends 32’ center console. Then I quickly rethink that 🤑
Especially the first time your with them when they top off the fuel tank after a run. 😳😳😳😳

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I spent the first 12 years of my life on a boat. Only time not, was at school. Out of school for 3 months, on the boat for 3 months-straight-groceries at the marina, etc. Ate a lot of fish (carp, catfish, whatever).

It's not all it's cracked up to be

from 14-30, I could've cared less about being on/in a boat and can't remember too many times I was if any at all. At 30 I bought a little flat bottom and used it locally. It was small, but fine for the smaller lakes. The bigger lake, was typically a 3-8 mile trip to "the hole(s)" depending on which one(s), and that little boat going 6.5 mph was a LONG (and eventful) ride. Opportunity came, to buy a $700 18' bass boat that needed a good bit of work, so I bought it and fixed it. Used it quite a bit. Discovered a local world-class river full of trout (among other things) and tried to use the bass boat there...no way!! I could go maybe a half mile either direction of the ramp, then the motor was dragging bottom, or rocks, or sometimes the hull itself drafts too deep, gets hung up, etc. Sold it and bought another flat bottom, 25hp, and it does everything I need. It's also small but big enough for two comfortably and just barely big enough to take the bigger lake......in the middle of summer when the wakeboard moron's are out it can get a little unnerving but I try to stay FAR away from them people. I had one guy this past summer, drove right past me at the no-wake zone, he was on the throttle, flipped me the bird and when we get to the dock he told me to get my little piece of trash off of "his" water. I just laughed. I loaded up in under a minute, and waited on him at the entrance to the park. One he was behind me, it was a 10mph ride from there to the highway, about 9 1/4 miles, 2 lanes, nowhere to pass.
Is he the guy you took you car to, to get painted?;)

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Is he the guy you took you car to, to get painted?;)

LOL! nope...way younger

have to add. I was at the lake yesterday. Found some hybrids whites and a couple stripers. One crappie one bucketmouth that went about 4 1/2 lb. 2 of the Hybrids were over 10. Good day. Until I got shot. Some idiot up on the bluff was shooting I guess at the rocks and I got hit. 2 litle pieces of what appears to be some copper jacket material loosely lodged in the skin below the left temple. Nothing major, but boy was I mad about it. They'd been shooting the other direction for about 20 minutes, and I figured I was up under the bluff far enough not to have to worry about it. 2 shots I heard the bullets tumbling past me, next shot got hit. I hollerd at them but I'm sure they couldn't care less, as whoever it was rapped off about a dozen more in succession (.22LR by the sound of it). Sheriff got a call. I'm fine other'n a couple little scabbed over holes that look kinda like a dog bite.

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
Go with steam power. Burn the harmful ocean born plastic. win-win

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN