The New Improved Jail

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
One is not a “criminal” unless convicted of a ”crime”. It’s not a crime to seek refuge.
Secondly, once a person has paid their “debt” to society… their rights of citizenship should be restored unless otherwise prohibited by law.
The plain fact is…You were lucky to already have US citizenship…and you appear to take the view…”I got Mine. Go get Yours”…. without suggesting any way to accomplish that goal. What did YOU do to gain citizenship other than previously exist here? Are you one of those who claim this is a “Christian“ country..? What of the Bible verses which teach us to “welcome the stranger/traveller”..?.. What would You Do if you were trapped in one of those So/Cental countries with kids and needed to escape those govt’s…? Wait Seven Years for the US Immigration Dept to even consider your application…IF you knew how to make application?
Or would you get your kids OUT of danger first?
This country just like every other country in the world has laws as to how to enter the country. The International Standard for seeking refuge is to stop moving across a country's borders as soon as you leave the country that you are seeking refuge from. It is a prima facia violation to come across the border without first applying for refuge through the United States Embassy in the first country that you enter after you leave your residence country.
Why don't you enter Mexico without going through the approved US/Mexico border facility and see what happens to you?

Reactions: 1 user

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
You don't know me, nor anything about me, so stop making your assumptions about me.
I know enough about you….through your posts on this subject. Xenophobia is nothing new in the U.S…. nor is the history of contributions made by immigrants …regardless of how they got here. Examples of poor immigration-results abound from certain Sicilian immigrants who followed the law quite handily… but participated in organized crime waves…. while huge numbers of Central and So. American “illegals” have contributed materially and socially to our country.

Mexico‘s lack of illegal immigration is not due to their “border security”…. it’s because of their economic disparity. Mexican “border security” has done NOTHING to prevent So. Am. Drug cartels to enter and operate there.

Border guards are not what we need. What we need is Legislative-Cooperation between political parties.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Xenophobia is nothing new in the U.S…. What we need is Legislative-Cooperation between political parties.
The current crisis was created by pen of the Executive Branch not Xenophobia which is just a smokescreen. There are currently people of all colors and backgrounds coming through the Southern border.

There are plenty of people in both parties that understand how it happened and want it to end after seeing the consequences. At some point, there needs to be a bipartisan solution to immigration, but that's not what the crisis is about.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I know enough about you….through your posts on this subject. Xenophobia is nothing new in the U.S…. nor is the history of contributions made by immigrants …regardless of how they got here. Examples of poor immigration-results abound from certain Sicilian immigrants who followed the law quite handily… but participated in organized crime waves…. while huge numbers of Central and So. American “illegals” have contributed materially and socially to our country.

Mexico‘s lack of illegal immigration is not due to their “border security”…. it’s because of their economic disparity. Mexican “border security” has done NOTHING to prevent So. Am. Drug cartels to enter and operate there.

Border guards are not what we need. What we need is Legislative-Cooperation between political parties.
So you are telling everyone that I have a fear or hatred of strangers or foreigners?

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Immigration should be 'tied' to unemployment, solves lots of problems.
simply stated ...Do not let anyone in unless there are jobs available that they can fill.

Reactions: 1 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Ever wonder how the folks feel that went through the legal process of becoming a citizen? Believe it or not, have to make a check to Dept. of Homeland Security.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
Unemployment is presently at 3.7% …down from the 14.7% in 2020. Jobs is a Major motivation, if not THE major one, for immigration.

I have a number of friends who immigrated and they were very frustrated by the legal process. One of them, an airline pilot recently retired, complained of the 9 years it took to complete the process. It’s not the simple process many believe, and it commonly requires much more than 5 years to complete it. (He had even flown for the Royal Air Force in support of the “Red Arrows” flight demonstration team.…the point being that the process is horribly complicated and troublesome. If often results in diminished enthusiasm for what had-been hopeful ardor.)

It needs to be fixed.

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
That 3.7% doesn't include all those who are on government assistance,aka welfare, aka 'free cheese'.
EVERYONE that doesn't work, collect a paycheck and pay taxes is unemployed. Getting ANY kind of money from the taxpayers for more than say 3 months, is wrong.
If unemployment was that low, then the 'indicators' like GDP would be GREAT. Working people SPEND money, pay taxes.....

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
That 3.7% doesn't include all those who are on government assistance,aka welfare, aka 'free cheese'.
EVERYONE that doesn't work, collect a paycheck and pay taxes is unemployed. Getting ANY kind of money from the taxpayers for more than say 3 months, is wrong.
If unemployment was that low, then the 'indicators' like GDP would be GREAT. Working people SPEND money, pay taxes.....
US Real GDP is at a current level (Feb. 2024) of 22.67Trillion, up from 22.49T last quarter and up from 21.99T one year ago….. compared to the 2020 level of $20.94 trillion.

Just sayin’..

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
inflation ??
gas is way up, food of course, price of cars, etc.
heck in 6 years I've made almost 10K on my BX23S.....