The New Improved Jail

Vlach7

Equipment
L47 305DT JD500C
Dec 16, 2021
Frazier Park Ca
That’s another facet of the crystal, also. One should consider what political party, what PACs, and what other assoc’ns the politician adheres to. The R-party is largely supported by large corporations and business interests, and evangelical religious groups (not necessarily “Christian” in their dogmas), while the D-party is largely supported by organized labor, salaried and blue-collar workers, and PACs of minority groups.
When I do not have “very strong” feelings of support for any particular politician in a race… I rely on which party the politician belongs-to… compared to what social/political class to which I belong.
If some construction-worker who works for hourly wages is driving a work-truck to the jobsite but has a R-bumper sticker on it…. He doesn’t understand the difference between the parties.
Maybe He/She dosent like the direction our society is going, and it sounds like you don't mind if people with agendas which appear to me are not in the best interest of our country in whole.
What happened to the great America we grew up in?

Reactions: 1 user

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Maybe He/She dosent like the direction our society is going, and it sounds like you don't mind if people with agendas which appear to me are not in the best interest of our country in whole.
What happened to the great America we grew up in?
You’d be incorrect in that assumption as regards what I care about.… the direction our country seems to be hazardously headed is Very Concerning to me.
I liked it better when we could agree-to-disagree on some things…but were willing to find common ground upon which we could compromise…. and work toward that goal.
Instead, we seem to have obstructionists willing to watch the country go down the drain rather than make progress to a common goal.

A common goal…would be border security… but it seems that some politicians would rather oppose ANY compromise during an election year….in the hopes they can make the other party look bad…. rather than work to find a resolution.

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B7100(sold), Kubota LX2610 Cab
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
Having had a couple of my posts deleted due to being too political by site admin, how can this thread continue?

I'll try.. Lol....

Criminals today can get their BA and MA degrees in the pen. Even marry, have online access, plan things with organised crime on the 'inside' and 'outside'. The only things they don't have is the opposite sex to mate with. And they don't have to go to work. It's all free to them. Paid for by our tax dollars.

I don't think beheadings and cutting off hands or body parts is the answer. But neither is coddling the guilty.

But beheadings and cutting hands off sure stops the crime and criminals. May God take care of the innocent. Because our gov focuses on the protecting the criminals, Not the victims....

If my sister was raped or my brother shot dead.... Will my sister get free room and board and a free college education? Nope, it"s "Oh we are so sorry, your taxes will make sure the bad guy becomes a better man". My brother's wife would get the same answer.

Last edited:

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
Having had a couple of my posts deleted due to being too political by site admin, how can this thread continue?

I'll try.. Lol....

Criminals today can get their BA and MA degrees in the pen. Even marry, have online access, plan things with organised crime on the 'inside' and 'outside'. The only things they don't have is the opposite sex to mate with. And they don't have to go to work. It's all free to them. Paid for by our tax dollars.

I don't think beheadings and cutting off hands or body parts is the answer. But neither is coddling the guilty.

But beheadings and cutting hands off sure stops the crime and criminals. May God take care of the innocent. Because our gov focuses on the protecting the criminals, Not the victims....

If my sister was raped or my brother shot dead.... Will my sister get free room and board and a free college education? Nope, it"s "Oh we are so sorry, your taxes will make sure the bad guy becomes a better man". My brother's wife would get the same answer.
I don’t see any homeless or poverty-stricken people volunteering to go there.

I agree that if a criminal has a ”Life” sentence…or a death sentence…we should have no responsibility to give them education or job training…. BUT…if they are going to be out here with the rest of us in 5, 10, or 20 years… it is FAR BETTER for them to become educated and be able to HOLD A JOB… than it is to keep them confined with zero training then Dump them back into society.

WE have a CHOICE: Educate them as children and young adults….or do it in prison… or live with the same kind of malcontent they were when they were imprisoned. (IE, a good public education is CRITICAL to a successful society.…and that is also why it’s important that even undocumented immigrant-children attend school.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Undocumented immigrant-children are what is also know as folks who are here illegally. We have laws that are not being followed. It's not American tax payers responsibility to educate folks who come here illegally.

You also made a comment earlier in this thread, " A common goal…would be border security… but it seems that some politicians would rather oppose ANY compromise during an election year….in the hopes they can make the other party look bad…. rather than work to find a resolution."

Once again border security was a much less problem until one group decides they didn't have to follow laws in place. Nothing about a compromise during an election year. The problem grew three years ago, 300,000 last month alone!

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
One political party is hoping that at some time in the future all the illegal entrants will gain citizenship and become voters. When that happens the party that allowed them unfettered entrance to our country will win every election and we will become a nation of only one political party.

Reactions: 1 users

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
One political party is hoping that at some time in the future all the illegal entrants will gain citizenship and become voters. When that happens the party that allowed them unfettered entrance to our country will win every election and we will become a nation of only one political party.
That's the plan.

NorthwoodsLife

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 15, 2021
Wisconsin
I don’t see any homeless or poverty-stricken people volunteering to go there.
They do. Everyday. But most homeless are permanently mentally damaged by drug use.

Ever see a homeless guy walk naked down the middle of the street?
Steal a TV and sit on the curb waiting for the cops to show up?
Break some windows, pull out his junk from in his pants in public...

I have. We called that tired of being on the street, hungry, and wants a hot shower. 3 hots and a cot.

Last edited:

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
I doubt that particular party has the smarts or designs to accomplish that..but…
Tell me this Dusty…. IF…. IF they “gain citizenship”…. are you agains’t citizens from voting in elections…?… or only those that disagree with you..?

Last edited:

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Up until very recently, there was a police station in Leesburg, VA that had an old jail cell. It was still used until the station was renovated. Stone walls with iron bar sunk into them. Almost medieval. Also cool.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
Undocumented immigrant-children are what is also know as folks who are here illegally. We have laws that are not being followed. It's not American tax payers responsibility to educate folks who come here illegally.

You also made a comment earlier in this thread, " A common goal…would be border security… but it seems that some politicians would rather oppose ANY compromise during an election year….in the hopes they can make the other party look bad…. rather than work to find a resolution."

Once again border security was a much less problem until one group decides they didn't have to follow laws in place. Nothing about a compromise during an election year. The problem grew three years ago, 300,000 last month alone!
You don’t know history, D2Cat.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
The social workers don't need jails, so I'm thinking there isn't any reason for improved ones.

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I doubt that particular party has the smarts or designs to accomplish that..but…
Tell me this Dusty…. IF…. IF they “gain citizenship”…. are you agains’t citizens from voting in elections…?… or only those that disagree with you..?
I believe that criminals shouldn't have the right to vote. Are you familiar with the Immigration Acts of 1921/1924/ & 1929? I guess you will need to look them up and then say yes.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
I believe that criminals shouldn't have the right to vote. Are you familiar with the Immigration Acts of 1921/1924/ & 1929? I guess you will need to look them up and then say yes.
One is not a “criminal” unless convicted of a ”crime”. It’s not a crime to seek refuge.
Secondly, once a person has paid their “debt” to society… their rights of citizenship should be restored unless otherwise prohibited by law.
The plain fact is…You were lucky to already have US citizenship…and you appear to take the view…”I got Mine. Go get Yours”…. without suggesting any way to accomplish that goal. What did YOU do to gain citizenship other than previously exist here? Are you one of those who claim this is a “Christian“ country..? What of the Bible verses which teach us to “welcome the stranger/traveller”..?.. What would You Do if you were trapped in one of those So/Cental countries with kids and needed to escape those govt’s…? Wait Seven Years for the US Immigration Dept to even consider your application…IF you knew how to make application?
Or would you get your kids OUT of danger first?

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
You don’t know history, D2Cat.

Here's some history for you.

The current immigration law began in its original form in 1954. It has been revised at least twelve times but nothing substantial.

It allows (but does not require) the President of the United States to reject asylum claims and/or suspend immigration if he believes it would be detrimental to the safety of US citizens, and/or national security. Under this provision, several presidents, including John F Kennedy, immediately deported people who entered the United States illegally. Donald Trump also did this. In fact, every president as far back as Eisenhower did this at least temporarily from time to time whenever a certain part of the border became overwhelmed to the point that they could not properly vet EVERYONE coming across the border. The only president to never use this power is the current one.

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
One is not a “criminal” unless convicted of a ”crime”. It’s not a crime to seek refuge.
Secondly, once a person has paid their “debt” to society… their rights of citizenship should be restored unless otherwise prohibited by law.
The plain fact is…You were lucky to already have US citizenship…and you appear to take the view…”I got Mine. Go get Yours”…. without suggesting any way to accomplish that goal. What did YOU do to gain citizenship other than previously exist here? Are you one of those who claim this is a “Christian“ country..? What of the Bible verses which teach us to “welcome the stranger/traveller”..?.. What would You Do if you were trapped in one of those So/Cental countries with kids and needed to escape those govt’s…? Wait Seven Years for the US Immigration Dept to even consider your application…IF you knew how to make application?
Or would you get your kids OUT of danger first?
You don't know me, nor anything about me, so stop making your assumptions about me.

DustyRusty

Equipment
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Here's some history for you.

The current immigration law began in its original form in 1954. It has been revised at least twelve times but nothing substantial.

It allows (but does not require) the President of the United States to reject asylum claims and/or suspend immigration if he believes it would be detrimental to the safety of US citizens, and/or national security. Under this provision, several presidents, including John F Kennedy, immediately deported people who entered the United States illegally. Donald Trump also did this. In fact, every president as far back as Eisenhower did this at least temporarily from time to time whenever a certain part of the border became overwhelmed to the point that they could not properly vet EVERYONE coming across the border. The only president to never use this power is the current one.
Prior to 1954, it was the Immigration Act of 1921 that effectively controlled immigration, and as amended in 1924 & 1929.