The Little Tractor That Could - B7100

AngelGdo

Dec 12, 2014
Houston
Dear Orange Experts,

First of all, I'd like to thank you for having the time to look at my post. I have recently acquired a heavily used, B7100 tractor and I hope to attach an oversized front end loader to it.

This is what the B7100 looks like, after a little elbow grease:

Now, this is the front end loader that I'd like to mount:

How feasible would it be to mount a Bush Hog 2240 QT front end loader, to a Kubota B7100?

Thanks,

Angel

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
ZERO Feasibility!
That loader is for a 25 to 35 HP tractor, So an L series.
It's too long and too wide and wwwwwaaaaayyyyyyyy to heavy!

I love the B7100, I have one, but putting that loader on it would be like trying to put a commercial snow plow on a geo metro,:eek: Not going to work very well!;)

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
What NIW said. You can mount anything, with enough ingenuity and welding rod. Whether it will work or not, and what it will do to your tractor, is another story. The B7100 is a fantastic tractor. I have one, and love it. But, it won't hold up to that. Not the front axle, not the frame, and it won't lift much without being on it's nose. Did you already purchase the loader? If not, leave it. There are more suitable candidates.
Do some searching on here- the correct loader, sometimes, can be too much for a small tractor. They need counterweight, and unless they have a frame that supports the loader back to the rear axle, they break frame mounts at the bellhousing.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I can see the tractor flipping over from to wide of a loader or catapulting forward trying to lift a load