The dog rolled the rtv x1160. Really the dog jumped in and trounced on the accelerator, up a tree and on its side it went.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
That 11M$ should never have been awarded. The 'kid' KNOWINGLY put himself in harm's way . While he probably didn't want to get hurt, HE was 100% responsible...

BTW, of the 20 parts for a subcompact grapple, SEVEN are warning stickers ! That's close to 1/3rd of the total number of parts. The user manual is about 80% 'safety' stuff.....

I am curious about the machine NOT having an OPC in it ?
That’s a LEAP to say that kid ”knowingly” forever paralyzed himself just for a joy-ride.
He was Ignorant of the hazard...tho’ I doubt a “sticker” would have made any difference.

Don’t understand why some folks are so incensed/offended by warning stickers.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
That’s a LEAP to say that kid ”knowingly” forever paralyzed himself just for a joy-ride.
He was Ignorant of the hazard...tho’ I doubt a “sticker” would have made any difference.

Don’t understand why some folks are so incensed/offended by warning stickers.
I'm only offended that Darwin awards come with more money than a Nobel Prize. ;)

Reactions: 1 user

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I'm only offended that Darwin awards come with more money than a Nobel Prize. ;)
Maybe we could create a “No Bell” prize for the Dumbest Warning Sticker..??

I was somewhat amused by the one posted on the dirt-simple soil pulverizer:

IMG_2476.png

tbk5

Equipment
L3710, L3010, ZD1211, RTV900xt, GR2100, lots of 3pt equipment
Sep 24, 2013
Central AL
I haven't had any problems with Leo and the RTV because we prepared! Here he is waiting for his driving lesson. 🤭

Leo.JPG

Reactions: 2 users

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
Maybe we could create a “No Bell” prize for the Dumbest Warning Sticker..??

I was somewhat amused by the one posted on the dirt-simple soil pulverizer:

View attachment 122787
I need to take a better photo of that, tomorrow!!!

Not much better image... added one from the side of the "machine" for the roller out back!

Attachments

Last edited:

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
He just wanted to go for a ride.... Can't get mad at a face like that.
I recognize that dog. He was cited multiple times for underage driving, and driving without a license or insurance. He was remanded to the custody of his parents, who just can't control him. Now he will wind up in the care of dog protective custody service and placed in a foster home.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
people are too "sue" happy.

big suit gets settled, media gets a hold of it and headline reads "mcdonalds hot coffee lawsuit awarded 4M" or whatever the amount is.

The media then doesn't tell the whole story, but the whole world sees/reads it and it's kind of thought of as "advertising".

If I am using a torch and I burn myself with it, I kinda know it's hot-but I don't see no stickers on it saying as such. Don't get no ideas. But that doesn't stop people from SUING, because they see dollar signs. And the media sees a story (or part of one). And the attorneys....see lots of dollar signs. They LOVE a good lawsuit; or it seems that way anyway.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re:

when you read the 5 or 6 articles about the 'accident', to get more of the 'back story'... you read he( and others) rode up there instead of walking,so not joy riding as they were working.did this 'all the time', they owned the SS for years,or at least used it, to get to the 'back 40'.
he wasn't ignorant ( IE: didn't KNOW he was doing wrong(it's IN the manual...),he just 'rolled the dice' and lost. Sad but it was HIS fault, NOT Kubotas.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
people are too "sue" happy.

big suit gets settled, media gets a hold of it and headline reads "mcdonalds hot coffee lawsuit awarded 4M" or whatever the amount is.

The media then doesn't tell the whole story, but the whole world sees/reads it and it's kind of thought of as "advertising".

If I am using a torch and I burn myself with it, I kinda know it's hot-but I don't see no stickers on it saying as such. Don't get no ideas. But that doesn't stop people from SUING, because they see dollar signs. And the media sees a story (or part of one). And the attorneys....see lots of dollar signs. They LOVE a good lawsuit; or it seems that way anyway.
The only group who loves a lawsuit more than media is attorneys! You got that right.

woodman55

Equipment
L6060HSTC, RTV 1100
May 15, 2022
canada
You must not have looked very hard. They are also used in the RTV-X900, RTV-X1100c, RTV1140-X to start with.
Not on my X1100C. I just checked to make sure. The passenger seat has a recess for one, that is all. No wiring of any kind on either side, and no mounting points on the drivers side. I have bumped it forward or backwards several times from outside.

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Not on my X1100C. I just checked to make sure. The passenger seat has a recess for one, that is all. No wiring of any kind on either side, and no mounting points on the drivers side. I have bumped it forward or backwards several times from outside.
If you had K Drive, your RTV-X1100C would have an Operator Present switch in the bottom of the seat.