Surely I can't be the only crazy one??

demPho

Sep 5, 2016
Ocala, Florida
I haven't even purchased the machine yet and I'm already thinking of repainting it.

Yeah, repainting a brand new orange tractor.

My truck and tool trailer are logo'd up real well for our construction company and the design has become very recognizable in our area. I'd LOVE to be able to paint the tractor and components white and have my graphics guy apply a similar logo to the tractor.

My question is this; Body panels, fenders, hood, etc, doesn't worry me. I've got a good friend who is an automotive painter and has access to a facility, and all equipment and supplies necessary. The loader is my concern. Seems to me that painting a loader a different color is an exercise in futility due to the obvious abuse they take but more importantly all the moving parts, joints, etc. I would consider painting the loader black with something a bit more heavy duty than paint, but would fear Line x or something of the like would be a nightmare to work with on such a project.

Has this been done? Any insight on something like this? I can imagine it will cost a pretty penny but could be worth it!

demPho

Sep 5, 2016
Ocala, Florida
I could probably get away with vinyl wrapping the body panels but I would need to paint the loader and bucket. That could at least cut down on some of my labor. For whatever that is worth.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
You change the base color of the tractor and it will leave a negative impression to those viewing your equipment.

How about taking your logo and have it shrunk down to much smaller, then find places on the tractor and/or loader to put them.

Make a couple that fits on the loader towers. Maybe a couple on the loader arms. One for the back of the seat.

Then the public sees it's your company. They also recognize the Kubota as a quality machine, which relates to your work.

You paint it white and put logos on it, and no one will know what kind of tractor it is, even though your logo is quite visible it give the impression you don't want folks to know you doctored up a piece of equipment to just get by cheaply.

demPho

Sep 5, 2016
Ocala, Florida
You paint it white and put logos on it, and no one will know what kind of tractor it is, even though your logo is quite visible it give the impression you don't want folks to know you doctored up a piece of equipment to just get by cheaply.
That's an interesting perspective. I appreciate the feedback. I guess that is where my photography background kicks in. It does't matter what kind of camera you use, it matters what kind of photographs you make. I would also suspect that our demographic wouldn't know, nor care what brand tractor I was using. I think they would care more about how I used it and the level of care shown in protecting their lawn and driveway, etc. I would also suspect that the apparent time and money invested to customize a tractor would be about equal to what it would have cost to just buy a good machine to begin with, as opposed to trying to conceal a lesser brand tractor with paint and graphics.

I doubt this will materialize, but it would be a cool looking rig. Maybe a photoshop mockup will have to satisfy my curiosity.

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
On one hand I think that it is a good idea, everything coordinated makes an impression and usually a good impression. BTDT back in my contracting days, but with blue.

What you are going to find is that a white tractor is not going to stay looking good for very long. All the nicks and scratches rust, and that rust really stands out on white. Doesn't matter how clean you keep the machine, the rust is there and really shows up on white.

My suggestion would be to fit your logo to the tractor and just leave it orange.

Good luck with your decisions. ;)

demPho

Sep 5, 2016
Ocala, Florida
A bit of a lofty "goal" I suppose. Dings are inevitable and as you said, mtnview, it'll look warn quickly. Form over function debate it seems.

I'll play around with logo placement and see if I can make it work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Good ideas here.
Tractor with cab-easy to decal up with logo.
Not many areas to place a decent size logo on a tractor.
Also consider if changing color,all warning labels need to be preserved, especially if you have employees.

I do really like the all white front end on your truck.

Last edited:

Dr Honda

Equipment
BX1870
Mar 30, 2015
Pitt, PA
I wouldn't paint it white. It will really kill the resale if you need to upgrade. I would simply make up some white stickers with the logo.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Seems to me if the only way you can get business is to have all your equipment painted the same, then there is something wrong with your quality of work. If you do good work and have a good reputation, then people are not going to care what color your equipment is.

demPho

Sep 5, 2016
Ocala, Florida
This idea has nothing to do with getting work. Hell, the purpose of this tractor is not to make money with it. It may never end up on a job site. I just love making my stuff mine, and if it could match the truck, awesome.

Quality work speaks for itself. A quality Brand just puts customers at ease until they get to see the quality of work.

demPho

Sep 5, 2016
Ocala, Florida
many types of equipment - one logo.
This would be sufficient. I don't need my tractor for work and it doesn't need my logo on it. I'm just simply exploring this for cool factor alone.

Wicked cool but very impractical it appears.

demPho

Sep 5, 2016
Ocala, Florida
I wouldn't paint it white. It will really kill the resale if you need to upgrade. I would simply make up some white stickers with the logo.
This is probably the realest issue with the idea. A killer of any sliver of possibility.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
The answer is very simple,, it's your tractor, your truck ,your business, YOU do what makes YOU happy, and that is all you can ask out of life. You want it white, purple or sky blue pink,, that's your call . Do what makes you happy and if you don't like it change it to something else. I know a guy that has painted his bike and hot rod every year trying to find the right color,, after 20 years he still aint found it. But at least he is happy looking :D

demPho

Sep 5, 2016
Ocala, Florida
The answer is very simple,, it's your tractor, your truck ,your business, YOU do what makes YOU happy, and that is all you can ask out of life. You want it white, purple or sky blue pink,, that's your call . Do what makes you happy and if you don't like it change it to something else. I know a guy that has painted his bike and hot rod every year trying to find the right color,, after 20 years he still aint found it. But at least he is happy looking :D

Thissss!!!

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
"purple or sky blue pink"

NOW that will get your business NOTICED!!!!
Me and Skeets wanna see that TRACTOR:eek::D:)