Super UDT?

Orange Beast

Equipment
2014 B2650HSDC,60" Mid-Mount deck,50"blower 60"tiller, Loader+ others.
Jul 1, 2014
Oronoco,MN
Evening all, Today I was doing my 50 hr oil and hrdro filter changing and I ran into something strange.

1. in the manual it says you need to drain the oil to replace both filters (hydro-stat & hydraulic). I am doing this on my new B2650. I had a BX2660 and I was told to just replace the filter and top off with UDT. so should i just top off or replace? But my main concern is in the manual it says the tranny case and the front axle case have super UDT in them. So I topped off the front alxe with S-UDT and it smelled the same (Came low form dealer). So I was taking off one of the filters and the fluid in it does NOT smell like S-UDT, so what the heck is in it? any suggestions??

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
This has got to be one of the oddest posts I've read in a while! ;)

How the heck are we supposed to know what it is... Your description doesn't help us out much..."it does NOT smell like S-UDT" :rolleyes:

I personally don't make a habit of smelling my hydraulic fluid! :cool:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Evening all, Today I was doing my 50 hr oil and hrdro filter changing and I ran into something strange.

1. in the manual it says you need to drain the oil to replace both filters (hydro-stat & hydraulic). I am doing this on my new B2650. I had a BX2660 and I was told to just replace the filter and top off with UDT. so should i just top off or replace? But my main concern is in the manual it says the tranny case and the front axle case have super UDT in them. So I topped off the front alxe with S-UDT and it smelled the same (Came low form dealer). So I was taking off one of the filters and the fluid in it does NOT smell like S-UDT, so what the heck is in it? any suggestions??

If it smells NOT, what it smell LIKE?
Help us again with what is going on ......

and if you are in doubt - change it all - and while you are changing it all, go with the SUDT2...............it be mo better than anything you can stick in there, cause it is liquid gold but verrrrry good stuff!

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
This has got to be one of the oddest posts I've read in a while! ;)

How the heck are we supposed to know what it is... Your description doesn't help us out much..."it does NOT smell like S-UDT" :rolleyes:

I personally don't make a habit of smelling my hydraulic fluid! :cool:
Some folks, like my wife, have very sensitive noses. They can smell stuff us normal sniffers don't have a clue about.

Now, if the manual says 'fill with S-UDT" in that spot, then you should just change out the fluid, regardless of the smell (it can change composition due to heat and other factors so odd smelling old fluids is not uncommon) and move on with it.

S-UDT is pricey stuff. I'm glad my L3200 is the gear shift sort and doesn't require it...

Orange Beast

Equipment
Jul 1, 2014
Oronoco,MN
I apologize I may be going at it a little overboard, but I have been having trouble with kubota and the dealer and them not having any of the facts correct on this machine like all fluids and capacities it gets a tad frustrating so I am just trying to make sure its done correctly. As i stated this is my second tractor and I had issues with this on my first one as well.. Sorry for the crappy post :) Thanks again

ShaunRH

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
May 14, 2014
Atascadero, CA
It's not a crappy post, it's just a normal person with an issue they feel is odd. The only crappy post is one that should be posted and isn't because of fear of something or other.

Keep up the posts!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I did not mean to imply it was a "crappy" post, not at all, it was just odd and not a lot of info for us to help you with. :confused:
It's hard for us to say what it smells like or not, now if you said it smelled burnt then I could run with that. :)
And a picture of the fluid color and/or a description like runny, foamy, green, yellow, milky, those we could run with too. :D
To be safe if it doesn't look, smell or feel right then just dump it and replace it with new fluid and filter. ;)

Ezlife45

Equipment
B2650
Jun 5, 2014
Louisiana
Dude,

I have a B2650 also. Look closely in your owners manual, in the maintenance section there is a page that specifically calls out what fluid goes where. That's how I found out I needed Super UDT 2 for the HST.

Orange Beast

Equipment
Jul 1, 2014
Oronoco,MN
Dude,

I have a B2650 also. Look closely in your owners manual, in the maintenance section there is a page that specifically calls out what fluid goes where. That's how I found out I needed Super UDT 2 for the HST.
Correct, but I was told by the dealer that they all come from the factory with UDT NOT SUDT. So why require SUDT when you dont even supply it with it from the factory. Especially if the oil is not to be changed till 400 hours per manual..

So I then also asked if it did have UDT can I mix UDT and SUDT together, and I have gotten 3 different answers. "Yes", "No", & "Well maybe".. So just with they could get it together!!

Paulemar

Equipment
BX25, 60" MMM, 3 point hitch, 60" front plow, 48" Phoenix rototiller.
Jan 21, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
So I then also asked if it did have UDT can I mix UDT and SUDT together, and I have gotten 3 different answers. "Yes", "No", & "Well maybe".. So just with they could get it together!!
You can hardly not mix. There's no way to drain every ounce of old fluid out of the system. It will not be a problem. They are both hydraulic fluids, they are both compatible with your tractor and they are compatible with each other.

Bluegill

Equipment
L3750DT Shuttle, L3800DT FEL both
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
Correct, but I was told by the dealer that they all come from the factory with UDT NOT SUDT. So why require SUDT when you dont even supply it with it from the factory. Especially if the oil is not to be changed till 400 hours per manual..

You are over thinking this. Yes you can mix UDT and SUDT2. UDT is good, SUDT2 is better, but they are very similar.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The reason they ship it with UDT is simple $$$ savings for them, and it's even possible they plan it that way for a little bit heavier body to help carry any remaining left over material to the filter. ;)
Like everyone is saying don't worry about mixing a little of the two as they are compatible. :cool:

Orange Beast

Equipment
Jul 1, 2014
Oronoco,MN
The reason they ship it with UDT is simple $$$ savings for them, and it's even possible they plan it that way for a little bit heavier body to help carry any remaining left over material to the filter. ;)
Like everyone is saying don't worry about mixing a little of the two as they are compatible. :cool:
So I guess the only other thing I was thinking is do I:

A. replace the 2 hyro filters and top off,or

B. Replace the 2 hydro filters and all new oil?

Manual shows not to replace oil till 400 hrs.?? :confused:

Opinions??

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
So I guess the only other thing I was thinking is do I:

A. replace the 2 hyro filters and top off,or

B. Replace the 2 hydro filters and all new oil?

Manual shows not to replace oil till 400 hrs.?? :confused:

Opinions??

lets look at this from ANOTHER angle - one way you will top off and cross your fingers and pray you did the "right" thing.........

another way is that you are out of pocket 100 bucks or more.....

https://www.messicks.com/partdetail/70000-40205.aspx

and replace the filters, place this liquid gold in there and go to work !!!

Insurance IS CHEAP - if you KNOW when to buy it!

and as for mixing oils, every time you change oils - you mix them! No way to get all the stuff out.

GO get your 4+ gallons of Sudt2 and place it in there, the whine will go away, you'll feel better - and the tractor will thank you !!!!!!!! :eek: with many hours of service!