Stuff to drag around behind my little tractor

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
My problem is that I really like to fix things and ya even when you are buying some thing that is beat up you want to look for quality junk. Trying to straighten and weld up something that was made too light in the first place is no fun. By the time you get it right you might as well buy a good one to start with.:D Dusty

pat331

Equipment
L35, mower, bushhog, cement mixer, grader, boxblade, forks, posthole digger
Mar 31, 2009
Ft. Worth, TX
dusty, you are so right - been there - done that - wasted money!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Hi guys, man these 16 hour shifts suck,, anyways,, now that I can play with my buds rear drag blade,, I have got ditches hill and gullies all along my driveway,,, looks worse now then when i started,, can somebody tell me how to adjust the blade, so the frame at least sits right,, I know theres only 2 adjustments on it but GEZZZZZ,,pics vido even a write instructin anything OH and one more thing does the 3PH on the BX float l ike the front blade does???

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hi Skeets. There is no down pressure on your three point hitch. It is just the weight of the blade that does the work. Some people put ballast on the blade so it will dig better.Vic has a vid using one for snow but it is the same principle. I usually angle the blade to leave a windrow of gravel towards the centre of the driveway then angle the blade the other way to put the gravel back towards the outside of the lane way. I think Eric could probably give you a better explanation than this. Here is the link to vic's vid.http://www.youtube.com/user/OrangeTractorTalks . Pay attention to what he says about adjusting the top link. Good luck and keep us posted. Hope this was a little help.:D Dusty

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Thanks Dusty, I have watched that a couple of times but nothing clicked,,
but this morning I watched it again, to see what i was missing ,,and,,
I JUST SAW WHAT I WANTED TO KNOW,,about the arms ,, I would guess that useing the same concept that with the adjustment on the right bar I can use it to cut a drainage ditch too by angling that end of the blade down.
Useing the vanacular of Da Burgh,, Younz guys is ok!!!

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Hi Skeets. You got it right. Every pass you make gets steeper because the angle mutiplies itself.:D Dusty
Skeets, no , you're not alone. Dusty just F'd me up to. I was gonna level my dirt road but first I need to find an old algebra book :confused:

Scott

ptwyz

Equipment
BX2660, FEL, tiller, disc cultivator, tine cultivator, rear blade, MMM, & more!!
Jan 7, 2010
McCutchenville, Ohio, USA
Thanks Dusty, I have watched that a couple of times but nothing clicked,,
but this morning I watched it again, to see what i was missing ,,and,,
I JUST SAW WHAT I WANTED TO KNOW,,about the arms ,, I would guess that useing the same concept that with the adjustment on the right bar I can use it to cut a drainage ditch too by angling that end of the blade down.
Useing the vanacular of Da Burgh,, Younz guys is ok!!![/QUOTE]

Got to be a STEELERs fan...

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
jew talkin bout dem pixburg staulers???,,,lol,, nope I just spent a lot of time on the ahhhuuummm more unsavory side of Da Burgh back inda day

Foisy

Equipment
Kubota L3240, Great Bend Backhoe, LA514 Loader, rear snowblower
Mar 28, 2010
Northern Ontario
Scrap prices are getting high again. Heard of a fellow with an old tired out payloader he was trying to sell for $8,000. Couldn't find any takers. Took it to the scrap dealer, and they gave him $13,000.

ptwyz

Equipment
BX2660, FEL, tiller, disc cultivator, tine cultivator, rear blade, MMM, & more!!
Jan 7, 2010
McCutchenville, Ohio, USA
Scrap prices are getting high again. Heard of a fellow with an old tired out payloader he was trying to sell for $8,000. Couldn't find any takers. Took it to the scrap dealer, and they gave him $13,000.
Holy crap!!! :eek:

What the hell do I have around here to take to the scarp yard :rolleyes:;)