Stuck BX

Dan Shu

Equipment
l2800 with front end loader
Nov 8, 2014
Bel Air Md
Used my L2800 today its 4 wheel drive but the front tires were spinning and I was stuck....had to back up...it has a front end loader but if I put even 200 lbs in it tries to lift the rear up. This is my first time on this forum still don't know how to post...btw your neighborhood looks great.

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
After you get used to the tractor, use the bucket to ease you along from stuck places, backing up. No need for a load in the bucket then. The lip is set into ground with bucket full dump position. then curl the bucket "up". Go a little at a time, assisting only.

meanjean

Equipment
Kubota MX4700
Aug 10, 2010
Hazelridge, Manitoba
Used my L2800 today its 4 wheel drive but the front tires were spinning and I was stuck....had to back up...it has a front end loader but if I put even 200 lbs in it tries to lift the rear up. This is my first time on this forum still don't know how to post...btw your neighborhood looks great.
Sounds to me like you need weight on the ass end when using loader.

Polishammer

Jul 22, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I have been driving a 4x4 truck or SUV all my life and you guys are right, sideways is the way to go. Unfortunately with with ditch it is either sideways or straight through while mowing. Sideways worked, so I told my kids: "Hey watch this...." :eek: :D

nedobs

Equipment
bx1860
Oct 4, 2014
wharton,ohio
You went the right way its just too deep!! and to deep to cross diagonal to in fact with that deep of ditch You have to get a bigger tractor or a shallower ditch. Mine would cross it because I have a loader that would help get it across!!

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
If there was a body of water, like a pond or lake, from that ditch going away from you would you take your tractor and try to mow the pond edge? Probably not. Your concern would be to end up in the water.

Well, you did the same thing. Just no water so less risk of personal or tractor damage. You made a bad decision. Used your equipment where it should have not been on that day.