Status of B3350 Regen Issue?

welnet

Equipment
None Yet
Aug 23, 2018
Vashon, WA
Going through the kubota website, I really liked the specs on the B3350 - BUT - read many reports on DPF regen issues. Reports I've read were as new as late 2017. Has anyone here purchased a new (2018) B3350? Any knowledge on if the software updates Kubota has sent out have actually fixed the issue on prior year models?

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Going through the kubota website, I really liked the specs on the B3350 - BUT - read many reports on DPF regen issues. Reports I've read were as new as late 2017. Has anyone here purchased a new (2018) B3350? Any knowledge on if the software updates Kubota has sent out have actually fixed the issue on prior year models?
Yes. My new B3350 was delivered 05/18/2018. No issues.

See my response to your inquiry on TBN linked below.

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums...400958-b3350-regen-any-updated-knowledge.html

SDT

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Not sure if anything changed, but, when I was looking last December I had three different dealers refuse to sell me one. They all had them on their lot and told me in no uncertain terms that I couldn't buy one from them. :mad:

I too was very interested in getting one, especially the SU version.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
The issues have been mostly resolved. Far as I know, no further bulletins have come out in the last ~12 months or thereabouts; and I get notification every time any bulletin comes out. SVL's have been popular lately though.

vanquisher

Equipment
B3350
Sep 21, 2018
Lagrangeville NY
I know this is probably a crazy question because of all the post I have read on here conflicting issues with the B3350 Model. I’m also interested in purchasing one 2015 that has almost no hours. Full warranty and have been sworn that Kubota fixed all the issues. I would appreciate any response or info someone can give me to make my decision a little easier.
Thanks in advance

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
I know this is probably a crazy question because of all the post I have read on here conflicting issues with the B3350 Model. I’m also interested in purchasing one 2015 that has almost no hours. Full warranty and have been sworn that Kubota fixed all the issues. I would appreciate any response or info someone can give me to make my decision a little easier.
Thanks in advance
Don't know how it could have a "Full warranty" if it is a 2015 and has been previously sold.

Kubota warranty at that time was 2 years or 2,000 hours. Yes, an extended warranty could have been purchased.

Lots of information in the archives about this issue. I'll decline comment because my 3350 is a 2018.

SDT

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
I don’t have a B3350, but it was on my initial list of tractors when I started shopping for a cabbed replacement for my L3410.
B2650, B3350, L3560, L4060 was the list. The 2650 was too small for my needs, I was more than just concerned about the 3350 regen issues, and the 3560 was about the same hp as my previous machine.
L4060 it is...
ymmv, but I wouldn’t take a chance on a machine that some dealers are reportedly refusing to even sell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Update.

Before accepting delivery of my B3350 in May (or June), I asked if all software and hardware upgrades had been done and was told that they had been. Turns out that may not have been true.

Today, I took the 3350 out for some make work mowing to put some hours on it. Soon I noticed that the regen light was on. Good. I'll pay attention. Hours=15.7. It was not yet up to operating temperature (2 bars). I increased engine speed about 200 RPM to about 2050 RPM to be on the safe side. My Kubota regional service representative has previously told me that anything above 1,800 RPM is OK. After another few minutes, it shut down and would not crank. Both the regen and Park lamps were on and it was beeping. I'm alone and no way to get tractor back to barn without another driver.

My Kubota dealer is less than 5 miles away and likes me because I am a good customer. Their most experienced tech showed up with laptop about 30 minutes after I called. Code indicated reformer temperature was too high. Odd. I thought that regen issues were usually due to temperature being too low.

By this time, it had cooled down enough that it would start. Regen and Park lights both still on so drove it to the barn where tech performed a manual regen from laptop without issue.

While regen being performed, Tech exchanged several texts with Kubota regional rep. Rep said that there is a software upgrade to correct this and told tech to install. Tech could not install at time because upgrade not on laptop.

Rep asked for SN of tractor and texted back that my tractor should not need upgrade but SN was near engineering change SN and further research would be necessary before rep would "authorize" upgrade. It's now 4:30 on Friday afternoon.

Service tech told me that Kubota records regarding SNs vis a vis upgrades, engineering changes, etc., not reliable when tractor SN close to change SN. Tech also told me that he had discussed this upgrade with Kubota rep prior to delivery of my tractor and was told not to upgrade unless failure occurred at least once. What?

Finished mowing without further incident.

Kubota rep to complete research next week and tell dealer what (if anything) to do.

Stay tuned.

SDT

micdelbo

Equipment
B3350
Dec 14, 2016
Schuylkill County, PA
Update.

Before accepting delivery of my B3350 in May (or June), I asked if all software and hardware upgrades had been done and was told that they had been. Turns out that may not have been true.

Today, I took the 3350 out for some make work mowing to put some hours on it. Soon I noticed that the regen light was on. Good. I'll pay attention. Hours=15.7. It was not yet up to operating temperature (2 bars). I increased engine speed about 200 RPM to about 2050 RPM to be on the safe side. My Kubota regional service representative has previously told me that anything above 1,800 RPM is OK. After another few minutes, it shut down and would not crank. Both the regen and Park lamps were on and it was beeping. I'm alone and no way to get tractor back to barn without another driver.

My Kubota dealer is less than 5 miles away and likes me because I am a good customer. Their most experienced tech showed up with laptop about 30 minutes after I called. Code indicated reformer temperature was too high. Odd. I thought that regen issues were usually due to temperature being too low.

By this time, it had cooled down enough that it would start. Regen and Park lights both still on so drove it to the barn where tech performed a manual regen from laptop without issue.

While regen being performed, Tech exchanged several texts with Kubota regional rep. Rep said that there is a software upgrade to correct this and told tech to install. Tech could not install at time because upgrade not on laptop.

Rep asked for SN of tractor and texted back that my tractor should not need upgrade but SN was near engineering change SN and further research would be necessary before rep would "authorize" upgrade. It's now 4:30 on Friday afternoon.

Service tech told me that Kubota records regarding SNs vis a vis upgrades, engineering changes, etc., not reliable when tractor SN close to change SN. Tech also told me that he had discussed this upgrade with Kubota rep prior to delivery of my tractor and was told not to upgrade unless failure occurred at least once. What?

Finished mowing without further incident.

Kubota rep to complete research next week and tell dealer what (if anything) to do.

Stay tuned.

SDT
Well I finally found someone having the identical problem I have had.

This occurred 6 times to me. 4 last year and twice this year.

Kubota service was out in January and replaced the operator present switch since it would shut the tractor off with my wife on the seat. They also did a parked regen with the laptop and the mask on the grill. They thought that would fix the issue. It didn't. I had 2 instances since where the tractor shut down during a normal regen. Both times the rpm's were above 2k.

I actually took videos of the last time and showed the dealer. They said they would check with Kubota and get back to me. I haven't heard back from them.

I'd like to post a video, but I think they may be too large a file.

Warranty expires in January so I would like to get this resolved.

Mike

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Mike, how long have you had your 3350? Warranty on emissions control components is 5 years.

elburro

Equipment
B3350
Jul 19, 2017
Indiana
Crap, I'm sad to hear that our machines are still not fixed. Mine's a 2017 with 136 hours on the clock. To date I've had no issues. For what it's worth I always run the engine at max RPM-after it's reached operating temperature (3bars). Mowing, wood chipping, landscape rake or box blade - are all used at max RPM. If I have to get off the tractor during a regen, I throw the HST in neutral, disengage the pto, apply the parking brake and let it rip.

micdelbo

Equipment
B3350
Dec 14, 2016
Schuylkill County, PA
Mike, how long have you had your 3350? Warranty on emissions control components is 5 years.
Took delivery first week of January 2017.

I think I do remember about the emission system having a longer warranty period. Which is good, because something isn't right.

I had a friend who deleted his emission system on his Cummins stop over with the guy who did it and he checked into it and said the removal and bypassing of the actual hardware isn't the issue but rather the reflash of the ecm. There just isn't enough demand for bit.

Before anyone gets their underwear in a bunch over the dpf delete, where I live we are exempt from emissions on diesel engines. I know all about breaking a federal law, etc. but you need to remember this unit will never leave my county or travel on anything more than a 2 lane state road 2 miles from my house.

To me, I would like to see what the efficiency would be like with the dpf deleted. I would also like to be able to operate the machine at less than 2k rpm's for backhoe, log splitting and other operations. I was very sternly advised to not operate the machine at less than 2k or to let it idle for more than 5 minutes.

I have a JD 4115 that I have idled for 4-6 hours while spitting wood and the overall efficiency is around 40% better than the 3350.

That is why I can't believe we are really helping the environment. The loss of efficiency alone on all diesel engines is causing millions of extra gallons of diesel fuel to be consumed. Alas, there is the answer, fuel is consumed and taxed whereas emissions are not.

The big issue to me is the fact I can't do anything when the unit shuts down. Productivity goes to 0. I. Told the dealer, if this unit was used for business purposes I would have driven it through their showroom window after they told me it was fixed and looked at me funny when I showed them the videos to prove otherwise.

With all that said, this unit has some great power. The 72 inch deck will mow 6 inch grass up a slope in mid range no problem. I considered the 2650, but the 4115 is 24 horse and we jacked the pump on that and it still has trouble in high grass in my yard. Not even a close comparison to the Kubota. So the 2650 would have been a lateral move which I didn't think was worth it.

On another note, I would like to figure a way to prevent the 72 inch deck from scalping. I think the rear anti scalp rollers need to be longer and a little lower on the deck (I already have them in the lower position). It may take some customization to accomplish. Does anyone else have that issue?

Sorry so long.

Mike

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Before anyone gets their underwear in a bunch over the dpf delete, where I live we are exempt from emissions on diesel engines. I know all about breaking a federal law, etc. but you need to remember this unit will never leave my county or travel on anything more than a 2 lane state road 2 miles from my house.
You are not EXEMPT from emissions laws, you are just exempt from testing for emissions, there is a huge difference. ;)

lescarpentier

Equipment
B3350
Oct 12, 2016
Washington
I'll decline comment because my 3350 is a 2018.

SDT
How do you know that your tractor is a 2018? Because you bought it in 2018? This is not like a car. Try going on a site like "Tractorhouse.com" and you will see various years listed with serial numbers that don't make sense if you try to attach a year to your tractor.Your tractor could have been stored in a warehouse or in a dealer's inventory for 2 or 3 years,especially with the stigma that the B3350 has on it now.I bought mine in late September of 2016 but on my warranty paperwork it is listed as a 2015. When referring to updates,flashes and such you need to refer to your serial number. For a reference my serial # is 62086,and according to the receipt for my warranty work (whatever that is worth) it is a 2015 model.The devil is in the details.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
How do you know that your tractor is a 2018? Because you bought it in 2018? This is not like a car. Try going on a site like "Tractorhouse.com" and you will see various years listed with serial numbers that don't make sense if you try to attach a year to your tractor.Your tractor could have been stored in a warehouse or in a dealer's inventory for 2 or 3 years,especially with the stigma that the B3350 has on it now.I bought mine in late September of 2016 but on my warranty paperwork it is listed as a 2015. When referring to updates,flashes and such you need to refer to your serial number. For a reference my serial # is 62086,and according to the receipt for my warranty work (whatever that is worth) it is a 2015 model.The devil is in the details.
Because I ordered it new from Kubota in May, and the Kubota tech rep told me that it was based upon SN.

Dean

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Took delivery first week of January 2017.

I think I do remember about the emission system having a longer warranty period. Which is good, because something isn't right.

I had a friend who deleted his emission system on his Cummins stop over with the guy who did it and he checked into it and said the removal and bypassing of the actual hardware isn't the issue but rather the reflash of the ecm. There just isn't enough demand for bit.

To me, I would like to see what the efficiency would be like with the dpf deleted. I would also like to be able to operate the machine at less than 2k rpm's for backhoe, log splitting and other operations. I was very sternly advised to not operate the machine at less than 2k or to let it idle for more than 5 minutes.

I have a JD 4115 that I have idled for 4-6 hours while spitting wood and the overall efficiency is around 40% better than the 3350.

That is why I can't believe we are really helping the environment. The loss of efficiency alone on all diesel engines is causing millions of extra gallons of diesel fuel to be consumed. Alas, there is the answer, fuel is consumed and taxed whereas emissions are not.

The big issue to me is the fact I can't do anything when the unit shuts down. Productivity goes to 0. I. Told the dealer, if this unit was used for business purposes I would have driven it through their showroom window after they told me it was fixed and looked at me funny when I showed them the videos to prove otherwise.

With all that said, this unit has some great power. The 72 inch deck will mow 6 inch grass up a slope in mid range no problem. I considered the 2650, but the 4115 is 24 horse and we jacked the pump on that and it still has trouble in high grass in my yard. Not even a close comparison to the Kubota. So the 2650 would have been a lateral move which I didn't think was worth it.

On another note, I would like to figure a way to prevent the 72 inch deck from scalping. I think the rear anti scalp rollers need to be longer and a little lower on the deck (I already have them in the lower position). It may take some customization to accomplish. Does anyone else have that issue?

Sorry so long.

Mike

The MMMs used on B2650, B3350, etc. tractors are terrain following decks. The gage wheels set the cutting height. You will need to adjust the cutting height higher (gage wheels lower) to reduce scalping. If your terrain is uneven, you will likely not be able to avoid all scalping at desired cutting height. Simply lift the position control a bit from marked position (see below)>

On the similar deck on my B1750HSDT, I normally operate in terrain following mode but will sometimes operate in suspended mode, depending upon conditions.

I've marked the position on the position control where the gage wheels just begin to lift from a flat concrete floor. By positioning the position control at this point, the deck is just about at gage wheel height but the wheels are carrying very little load. Great for avoiding gage wheel tracks when mowing soft ground. Also great to avoid scalping when crossing a high spot.

SDT