Stabilizers vs turnbuckle 3pt implements

L2501dt

Jun 5, 2020
Connecticut
Hello everyone. I have questions about the kubota stabilizers and what implements people have found to not work well with. As in the stabilizers rub against R4 tires, and with turnbuckles it will not rub. I mainly use the tractor for mowing. Woods RD7200 finish mower is what i use.

JasonW

Jan 29, 2015
Al
The turnbuckles were the first thing I upgraded when I bought my L3800. I have R1’s so can’t comment with rubbing issues with the R4’s.

Reactions: 1 user

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Telescoping stabilizers do not always rub against the tires on an L2501. The potential is there with R4's, R14's, and turfs- they are wide tires, compared to R1's. It will depend mostly on the implement used, and how wide the frame is.
The buckle of the turnbuckle is about the same width as the tube of a telescoping stabilizer, so turnbuckles can also potentially interfere with the tires.

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
They don’t rub on my tractor, but it’s a different model than yours.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I have stabilizers. I don't understand how they could rub if the turnbuckles don't if they adjusted to the same length. They aren't as wide as the turnbuckles.

I'm not looking at mine right now, but maybe the stabilizers are on the wrong sides. I don't know if that is possible.

rc51stierhoff

Equipment
B2650, MX6000, (BX sold)
Sep 13, 2021
Ohio
I have stabilizers. I don't understand how they could rub if the turnbuckles don't if they adjusted to the same length. They aren't as wide as the turnbuckles.

I'm not looking at mine right now, but maybe the stabilizers are on the wrong sides. I don't know if that is possible.
It’s pretty evident when trying to put on the wrong side…they mix up easily first few times taking back hoe on and off…on mine, I agree with jyoutz…however the BH subframe can be in the way depending on what trying to grab and the positioning of the lower link arms….takes a couple tries. But never anything close to tire…At least not what I have ever used on my B or Mx.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yea I'm not quite understanding either, the geometry should be the same between the two.
Are you leaving the pin out and leaving them loose?
Pictures always help!

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
No i have not pyrchased the stabilizer kit yet. The stabilizer is without a doubt wider than the turnbuckle.
When the buckle is turned flat, it is as wide or wider than the body of a telescoping stabilizer. The buckle is positioned where it will interfere with the edge/lugs of the tires, so the width doesn't matter anywhere else along the stabilizer.
If there is no interference between the tires and the buckles with an implement installed, telescoping stabilizers will also fit. If there is contact, telescoping stabilizers will also hit. If it's just on one or two implements, flipping the link pins to the inside (if possible) will give room, or wheel spacers can be added.

I build a lot of stabilizer sets for L2501's. Interference on late models is about 50%. I haven't heard from a single customer with clearance issues on L3301's, L3901's, or L3902's. I'm not clear on why it manifests on L2501's.

For customers with L2501's, I haven't had any contact me back and report interference between my stabilizers and the tires. If they had sufficient clearance with turnbuckles, my stabilizers have also cleared. Of course, it is possible that it has happened and they haven't let me know.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

L2501dt

Jun 5, 2020
Connecticut
When the buckle is turned flat, it is as wide or wider than the body of a telescoping stabilizer. The buckle is positioned where it will interfere with the edge/lugs of the tires, so the width doesn't matter anywhere else along the stabilizer.
If there is no interference between the tires and the buckles with an implement installed, telescoping stabilizers will also fit. If there is contact, telescoping stabilizers will also hit. If it's just on one or two implements, flipping the link pins to the inside (if possible) will give room, or wheel spacers can be added.

I build a lot of stabilizer sets for L2501's. Interference on late models is about 50%. I haven't heard from a single customer with clearance issues on L3301's, L3901's, or L3902's. I'm not clear on why it manifests on L2501's.

For customers with L2501's, I haven't had any contact me back and report interference between my stabilizers and the tires. If they had sufficient clearance with turnbuckles, my stabilizers have also cleared. Of course, it is possible that it has happened and they haven't let me know.
Thank you for that info, exactly what i was looking for. Are you still fabricating stabilizers. How far out is the wait if so. Thanks

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Thank you for that info, exactly what i was looking for. Are you still fabricating stabilizers. How far out is the wait if so. Thanks
I am. Orders are out to late Summer.

L3902dotido

Equipment
Kubota L3902
Mar 21, 2023
Southeastern Illinois
I've been looking at the stabilizers pin type vs turnbuckle. It looks like you would have more slop or free play in the notched kind. My tractor came with a quick hitch with the turnbuckles cinched down so it doesn't have side to side free play hopefully it is set up right. I'm a little gunny about things flopping around don't want to bend anything and the three point seems more solid with the turnbuckles tight.

UpNorthMI

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200, L3901, MX5800, SVL75-2, KX040
May 12, 2020
Up North, MI
Fitting stabilizers as an upgrade to turn buckles was one of the first upgrades that I did to my L3200 and L3901, the telescoping stabilizers make 3pt hitch, mounting and removing attachments a much simpler task, I don’t have interference with either Ag or turf tires. Cannot comment on L2501.

Reactions: 1 users

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Doesn't the L2501 have wheel 'offsets' that allow for widening the track of the tires? IF not set at their widest width....that could give more than enough clearance for any implement/turnbuckle/stabilizer combination.

L3902dotido

Equipment
Kubota L3902
Mar 21, 2023
Southeastern Illinois
Doesn't the L2501 have wheel 'offsets' that allow for widening the track of the tires? IF not set at their widest width....that could give more than enough clearance for any implement/turnbuckle/stabilizer combination.
I was taking about free play side to side in implement, guessing you can have an inch with the bars be 0 with the buckles

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
I was taking about free play side to side in implement, guessing you can have an inch with the bars be 0 with the buckles
A word of caution- adjusting turnbuckles to a tight condition is what stretches and damages them. Not on every tractor, but it happens. The geometry of the lift arm to the stabilizer, mounting style, and the shape of the lift arms- arms with bends tend to want to roll, placing stress on the stabilizers. As an example, I noticed on the B7100 that I had (inboard turnbuckles and the common pivot plate)- if I adjusted the turnbuckles to almost tight while the implement was on the ground, they would be banjo tight when raised it all the way up. In the lift cycle, something changed enough to increase the tension on the turnbuckles. If I had tightened them banjo tight while down, they would have stretched when raised. To put it in a nutshell, stabilizers are designed to stabilize- keep the implement from swaying- not imobilize the implement.

tacticalturnip

Equipment
Kioti CK2610
Jan 19, 2023
NW Atlantic
A word of caution- adjusting turnbuckles to a tight condition is what stretches and damages them. Not on every tractor, but it happens. The geometry of the lift arm to the stabilizer, mounting style, and the shape of the lift arms- arms with bends tend to want to roll, placing stress on the stabilizers. As an example, I noticed on the B7100 that I had (inboard turnbuckles and the common pivot plate)- if I adjusted the turnbuckles to almost tight while the implement was on the ground, they would be banjo tight when raised it all the way up. In the lift cycle, something changed enough to increase the tension on the turnbuckles. If I had tightened them banjo tight while down, they would have stretched when raised. To put it in a nutshell, stabilizers are designed to stabilize- keep the implement from swaying- not imobilize the implement.
Do you have a website? Do you make stabilizers for other brands? My CK2610 could use a pair, and the CK10SE stabilizers from Kioti don't fit. I actually joined OTT after reading a thread where someone was making stabilizers, only to forget who it was, now I'm wondering if it was you lol.

Smokeydog

Equipment
M59, B26 grapples, backhoes, tillers, graders, diesel atv
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
Changing from turnbuckles to pin stabilizers was one of the first upgrades I made along with a leveling box on the B26. Stabilizers from eBay had to be cut on one end and weld special mounting tabs. Used one of cutoff parts to mount the leveling box. Leveling box from weaver tractor supply. They also sold generic stabilizers. Also run a Woods 7200RD mower. Pat’s quick hitch makes life easier and like the added length for attaching the pto.

Attachments

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Do you have a website? Do you make stabilizers for other brands? My CK2610 could use a pair, and the CK10SE stabilizers from Kioti don't fit. I actually joined OTT after reading a thread where someone was making stabilizers, only to forget who it was, now I'm wondering if it was you lol.
I build stabilizers for all brands; I build a lot for Kioti's.
www.stabilworks.rocks.